Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Department

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:52 pm
Post subject: Membership DepartmentReply with quote

Well, i just had my first experience of a rude person in the Collingwood Membership Department.

I rang up to say that I had RSVP'd for myself and my mother for next monday's cocktail party and wanted to know when they would be sending the entry passes.

Well, Leanne told me they'd be sent out sometime this week. I explained that i was very aware of the Membership Ticketing fiasco and what would happen if i didn't get my pass by Friday as I would be attending the Cocktail party straight from work on Monday.

Leanne, extremely rudely, spoke over me at all times. Refused to accept that there had been any Membership problems and could not see any issue about them sending them out 'sometime' this week.

I cannot believe that i was spoken to the way i have been spoken to and I told her I would be taking this matter further.

So, now i know how they treat their Members and Sponsors. It's a very sorry state of affairs at Collingwood.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyAboutDaisy wrote:
That's just a joke.I mean,this cocktail party is for the members who spend alot on their memberships each year,so it's not like they're talking to those of us who dont really matter income to the club wise (season ticket holders,etc).

I expect rudeness and no service when dealing with the club these days.
I'm yet to find someone that has anything close to a positive story to tell about dealing with the club in recent months.

Well, i did deal with Travis from the Membership department on Saturday and he was a pleasure to deal with. Extremely helpful. So, this attitude was the last thing i was expecting.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 pm

This is my email to David Emersen

--------------
David,

I am a Collingwood Legends Member and have been a member of the Club for almost 10 years. I am also a Player Sponsor.

I have just got off the phone from a very rude person in the Membership Department. Her name was Leanne. She spoke over me at every turn, I requested that she actually just let me finish speaking, but she continued to speak over me.

To say I’m disappointed with this treatment is an understatement. I would not speak to a client in that manner even if they were abusing me (which I wasn’t).

Is this what the great Collingwood Football Club has come to? How sad.

Perhaps my sponsorship dollars could be used somewhere else if this club cannot treat it’s members with the respect to which they are due. The amount of money I spend on and at the Club is quite considerable.

------------------------

the only thing they understand these days........is money, so take that out of the equation.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:09 pm

How about waiting for your tickets NOT to turn up before asking for their contingency plans and sending angry emails to the club....?

I must say i've had nothing but positive dealing with the club, even when my social club medallion didnt turn up - each week for 3 weeks they would express post a guest pass for me.

Geez, no wonder sometimes they get moody.....

Last edited by burnsy17 on Mon May 19, 2008 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:11 pm
Post subject: Re: Membership DepartmentReply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
Well, i just had my first experience of a rude person in the Collingwood Membership Department.

I rang up to say that I had RSVP'd for myself and my mother for next monday's cocktail party and wanted to know when they would be sending the entry passes.

You actually got to speak to a person and not an answering machine Shocked Shocked
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:18 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
How about waiting for your tickets NOT to turn up before sending angry emails to the club....?

I must say i've had nothing but positive dealing with the club, even when my social club medallion didnt turn up - each week for 3 weeks they would express post a guest pass for me.

Geez, no wonder sometimes they get moody.....

Wait? Wait until Monday night 26th May, the day of the Cocktail Party, to see if I got my tickets? How would i do that?

This is the first year they've had the passes, the previous system worked quite well.

As i said, this was the first time I've ever had a negative experience from the Membership department. I previously only ever dealt with Anthony Trainer and he was always fantastic in fixing any problems that arose. I think in nearly 10 years, I've only had to ring them about 3 times. This however, was the first 'angry person from the Membership department' that i have had the misfortune to deal with. They should treat ALL members with respect. Perhaps Burnsy, you'll get an angry one next time. I certainly didn't expec t it.

The reason I rang them today, was because i RSVP'd last Tuesday and they said they would send the pass out. Now, it's almost a week later, the thoughts going through my mind are.......hmmmmmm is this just like the memberships. So, I rang to enquire as to what would happen if it doesn't arrive by Friday, as i will be attending straight from work on Monday.

Was i supposed to wait until that day and not be able to get through, and therefore miss out on something I had paid for in my membership.

I don't think so. A little common courtesy goes a long way. I was not rude to her at all and told her, as i was hanging up that I would be taking the matter of her rudeness further.

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:20 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
This is my email to David Emersen

--------------
David,

I am a Collingwood Legends Member and have been a member of the Club for almost 10 years. I am also a Player Sponsor.

I have just got off the phone from a very rude person in the Membership Department. Her name was Leanne. She spoke over me at every turn, I requested that she actually just let me finish speaking, but she continued to speak over me.

To say I’m disappointed with this treatment is an understatement. I would not speak to a client in that manner even if they were abusing me (which I wasn’t).

Is this what the great Collingwood Football Club has come to? How sad.

Perhaps my sponsorship dollars could be used somewhere else if this club cannot treat it’s members with the respect to which they are due. The amount of money I spend on and at the Club is quite considerable.

------------------------

the only thing they understand these days........is money, so take that out of the equation.

Looks like Leanne will be looking for a new job next week, how dare a 'Legends club member' be spoken over.

Pfft.

Don't bother replying, not interested.

Last edited by MACDAICOS on Mon May 19, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm
Post subject: Re: Membership DepartmentReply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

You actually got to speak to a person and not an answering machine Shocked Shocked

yep, and i got straight through last week too when i RSVP'd.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Nah, but maybe wait until Wed or Thurs night.....?
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Gee, I would have waited until at least Wednesday night, before emailing the club and making demands.

Considering your a woman, maybe a little understanding towards Leanne who could have been having one of those days...Lol

I have been a social club member for almost 10 years, and have found the membership dept etc to be always friendly and helpful.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:49 pm

steviewonder36 wrote:
Gee, I would have waited until at least Wednesday night, before emailing the club and making demands.

Considering your a woman, maybe a little understanding towards Leanne who could have been having one of those days...Lol

I have been a social club member for almost 10 years, and have found the membership dept etc to be always friendly and helpful.

Where am i making demands of the Club? To ask to be spoken to courteously is making demands? Then so be it, perhaps the Club need to learn to speak to Members with respect and courtesy after all, without the members, there is no club.

as i said.........this was my first experience of very poor attitude and being spoken to rudely. What has 'Considering I'm a woman' got to do with it!!! That's the most sexist thing i've read on here!

It's extremely rude to be spoken over continuously.

Read my post above about WHY i rang today! I wasn't demanding anything, I wanted to know what happens if the tickets DON'T come by Friday!

The only thing i demand from the club is to be spoken to with some courtesy and to actually be able to finish what i'm saying.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:53 pm

MACDAICOS wrote:

Looks like Leanne will be looking for a new job next week, how dare a 'Legends club member' be spoken over.

Pfft.

Don't bother replying, not interested.

So why post??????????

The reason i mentioned to David Emerson that I'm a Legends Member and Player Sponsor, is that i pay the Club over $2500 a year and i don't expect to be spoken to like that, nor do i expect ANY member to be spoken to like that, whether they are a Season's Ticket holder, or Country Member or Baby Magpie Member!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 pm

What do you have that is it? What is your real name? Ask me another question. Does "it" still refer to Don't bother replying not interested?
Cheers 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:03 pm

Crap post.

Personally hanging shit on someone cos they spoke over you. Perhaps you were being rude yourself? Having worked in customer service, some days you cop so much crap and CBF dealing with next "know it all" that calls through.

I like dealing with the club. Especially the girls in the merch shop. They're hot.

Very Happy
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Cheers wrote:

I like dealing with the club. Especially the girls in the merch shop. They're hot.

Very Happy

Rolling Eyes , all boobs and nothing between the ears....

I'm with you PP I know what most of us went thru this year.... I personally dont trust membership one bit anymore... althought I must say Travis is a breath of fresh air....

Im afraid Collingwood is alienating their ordinary supporters.... it we were corporate it would be a different story... ITS JUST SOOOO SAD!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: