Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

When do we start raising the axe?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Post subject: When do we start raising the axe?Reply with quote

I have no particular views on this issue, other than to ask those learned people on here (plus or minus a few clowns) when we should start chopping the non performers at our club?

I think it is time we were honest and conceeded (once again) another season is all but flushed down the toilet. And obviously we must ask (once again) is this good enough?

Well is it entirely appropriate that we now openly discuss who on our playing and non playing list takes ultimate responsibility for the failure of another season. Oh god I hope I am wrong and we win the flag. But I reckon it is time to really cut deep at our Club at all levels to get the success we so desperately need.

Once upon a time, even when we lost a game at Victoria Park, at least you had a good time amongst friends in the Social Club over a quiet (affordable) beer and drowned your sorrows. I used to stand in the Bar there, look out over the fading lights and see Jock McHale saying 'do something'. And you mark my words, the next week our boys played like there was no tomorrow.

Nowdays, I can't hang around the MCG like the good old days. And that thing they call a social club over the road doesn't even come close to what we had a Victoria Park. So my point is, losing in 2008 cuts deeper than it ever did as the years pass.

And as these years roll on, our one in fifty year flag record remains a disgrace. So lets get this whole thing in perspective at Collingwood. Let us get out of this corporate (over paid) comfort zone and start being more bloody ruthless about winning. Can I state this any clearer? We must see through the spin and feathers of countless excuses rolled out at each AGM and demand results. Afterall we are the people!

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Which all means exactly what???
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:38 pm

I must have missed this movie
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:39 pm
Post subject: Re: When do we start raising the axe?Reply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I have no particular views on this issue, other than to ask those learned people on here (plus or minus a few clowns) when we should start chopping the non performers at our club?

I think it is time we were honest and conceeded (once again) another season is all but flushed down the toilet. And obviously we must ask (once again) is this good enough?

Well is it entirely appropriate that we now openly discuss who on our playing and non playing list takes ultimate responsibility for the failure of another season. Oh god I hope I am wrong and we win the flag. But I reckon it is time to really cut deep at our Club at all levels to get the success we so desperately need.

Once upon a time, even when we lost a game at Victoria Park, at least you had a good time amongst friends in the Social Club over a quiet (affordable) beer and drowned your sorrows. I used to stand in the Bar there, look out over the fading lights and see Jock McHale saying 'do something'. And you mark my words, the next week our boys played like there was no tomorrow.

Nowdays, I can't hang around the MCG like the good old days. And that thing they call a social club over the road doesn't even come close to what we had a Victoria Park. So my point is, losing in 2008 cuts deeper than it ever did as the years pass.

And as these years roll on, our one in fifty year flag record remains a disgrace. So lets get this whole thing in perspective at Collingwood. Let us get out of this corporate (over paid) comfort zone and start being more bloody ruthless about winning. Can I state this any clearer? We must see through the spin and feathers of countless excuses rolled out at each AGM and demand results. Afterall we are the people!

Agreed. The coaches have failed. Sack the coaches. The President has failed. Sack the Pres. The board has failed. Sack the board. Oh, yes, the team has failed. Sack the team. Have I missed anyone Hiss?
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:44 pm

^sack the workers at the social club?
npalm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:50 pm

I wish we could sack the negative 'supporters'. Maybe we could do a mid-season draft. We'll trade a 100 negative ones for just one good positive one.
Alec. J. Hidell 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:53 pm

sack the water boys and the boot studder
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:59 pm

hiss, i would like you to organise a 'march to the g' before the next agm. we can march from the soulless lexus centre into the plush surrounds of the mcc members, arm in arm, screaming for solidarity, fair pay, women's rights, shorter working hours and above all else an apology from the club for having let us down year after year.

i would also like to see you at the open mic during the agm venting your spleen. then i'll know you're fair dinkum. if one girl can get up there and ask for more of ryan lonie surely you can ask the hard questions.

Rayza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:00 pm

Hiss is obviously taking the urine, and the pies are not out of the hunt for a top 4 spot, the question that keeps going around is does Malthouse have another premiership in him?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Rayza wrote:
the pies are not out of the hunt for a top 4 spot

Oh yes we are! Will be lucky to hold a place in the 8.

optimax 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:18 pm

You shoudl the dribble he is posting on BF tonight, just cutting and psting every one of his thomas posts on here and dumping them there lol.

Ah well i spose he will go and call eddie out at the AGM again Rolling Eyes

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:19 pm
Post subject: Re: When do we start raising the axe?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Agreed. The coaches have failed. Sack the coaches. The President has failed. Sack the Pres. The board has failed. Sack the board. Oh, yes, the team has failed. Sack the team. Have I missed anyone Hiss?

The supporters? Shocked Are we facing the sack too?

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:20 pm

^is that him on Bigfooty? that guy is a bloody loon
optimax 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:23 pm

Kingswood wrote:
^is that him on Bigfooty? that guy is a bloody loon

eother him or someone that is grabbiong his posts here and given then to a wider audience for greater effect.

Its all driblle anyway, you see teh post listing the reasosn why other teams hate him, who cares why otehr teams hate him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: