Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Usually a glass half full person,but not with the Pies.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm
Post subject: Usually a glass half full person,but not with the Pies.Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Surprised I am usually a pretty positive person,glass half full type,and i try to look on the upside.But,following last round shocker,i have reached the conclusion we cannot make the GF,and will struggle to make 4th spot.We may stagger into the eight,but that will be it.
I think there are five main reasons for our season going downhill,and in my humble opinion they are:

1.Injuries have stuffed us.We have lost our three main talls for the season,Rusling,Rocca,Reid.Josh Fraser is way out of sorts,i have heard the dreaded ostitis pubis is back.NO side can expect to win a flag with those outs,as you need your best team on the paddock to do that.
2 Inconsistency,has now reached monstrous proportions,our form is up and down like a yo yo,and we cannot possibly win a premiership after losing to average sides like Bluescum and Roos,twice.
3 Clement-the loss of James Clement was,and is,massive.His retirement has left a huge hole on the backline,as he was the General down back,and he is sadly missed.
4 It pains me to say it,but i dont think players like Johnston,Lockyer,Obree,and maybe even maxwell,are going to take us places.They are solid honest workers,but that is all.
5 Geelong-yes we did beat them,but this mob are now unbeatable,they spat out the doggies with contempt,and the Hawks are being found out now.No use making the top four,whatever,then running into this flawless machine,which has huge depth.
So what do we play for for the rest of this season.?Seeing even Joffa is selling his GF tickets,he is obviously looking to next year,and so must we all.Why not use the remaining rounds to find out who really wants to play for the Pies,to bleed for Collingwood?Why not FINALLY play young Dawes,Barham,maybe even McCarthy.Jack Anthony is shining,lets blood more kids,give em match day experience.
Finally,start kicking ass in the trade week to come,make Brown or Fev an offer they cannot refuse,at least try for one of em.And,go after Kerr and Cousins too,and i hear the Dockers have a big ruckman up for grabs,so lets go after him,too.things must be set in place now,so that we can and will learn the hard lessons that this season has thrown at us,and go into next year with a steely resolve that we have learned those lessons,and that we will hit back hard,with a vengeance. Wink

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck mate. Prepare for the coming storm. There's a lot of Collingwood supporters out there who hate having their beloved club criticised. Wink
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Going by my calculations we will finish 7th Neutral
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:15 pm

1. Yes injuries are bad, but we do have depth. I reckon Cloke and Anthony up forward is doing pretty well. And if Dawes gets a shot who knows what he will show.

2 Inconsistency: I made a post about this a while ago that this has been the biggest misperception about our form. We are not that Inconsistent. We've won 6 of the last 9. just because two of those losses were to 'inferior' opposition, we are deemed to be inconsistent. I cant explain the carlton loss, but the Kangaroos are a good team. They have beaten the dogs and hawks, and challenged the cats. Our only other loss was against the doggies, a very honourable one at that. We have also managed to win without playing anywhere near our best. the sign of a good team.

3 Clement: Yes we have a very young defence. who knows if presti can get back and what kind of impact he has. But I have faith in the likes of O'brien, Goldsack, Brown et al to stand up pretty well. Other than the hawthorn match, we have not been smashed by any team really in terms of goals scored against.

4 I can't believe you put O'bree and Lockyer in that list. they are very important to our side. as for maxwell and johnston, yes i too am finding it hard to justify their position but what can you do. Good luck to them I hope they can turn it around.

5 Geelong are not unbeatable. No team is unbeatable. and believe me next time they'll play us, they'll be shitting their pants. Especially if they go on to be undefeated until they meet us.

Our current state is not as gloomy as some people think.

all i keep saying to the ones who write us off is: please don't bother celebrating alongside us, the ones who's stuck by the boys and showed the faith.

I have faith, I've seen what they're capable of, and am not about to jump off because of a few ordinary loss.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:29 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Good luck mate. Prepare for the coming storm. There's a lot of Collingwood supporters out there who hate having their beloved club criticised. Wink

it's just an opinion.

i'm not prepared to write us off until there are no other possibilities for us. footy is a fickle game. who'd have guessed the saints would come out and smash the hawks in the second half? who'd have thought we'd have three teams who have collectively lost 6 games after 16 rounds?

anything can happen.

blacknwhiteatheart 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Post subject: Re: Usually a glass half full person,but not with the Pies.Reply with quote

:[/quote]
1.Injuries have stuffed us.We have lost our three main talls for the season,Rusling,Rocca,Reid.Josh Fraser is way out of sorts,i have heard the dreaded ostitis pubis is back.NO side can expect to win a flag with those outs,as you need your best team on the paddock to do that.
2 Inconsistency,has now reached monstrous proportions,our form is up and down like a yo yo,and we cannot possibly win a premiership after losing to average sides like Bluescum and Roos,twice.
3 Clement-the loss of James Clement was,and is,massive.His retirement has left a huge hole on the backline,as he was the General down back,and he is sadly missed.
4 It pains me to say it,but i dont think players like Johnston,Lockyer,Obree,and maybe even maxwell,are going to take us places.They are solid honest workers,but that is all.
5 Geelong-yes we did beat them,but this mob are now unbeatable,they spat out the doggies with contempt,and the Hawks are being found out now.No use making the top four,whatever,then running into this flawless machine,which has huge depth.:[/quote]

why give up?
we have shown even with the players out, we can still win, and win well.
these are the times when the team needs us, and they dont need THERE OWN SUPPORTERS turning on them, and saying give up.

:[/quote]
.Why not use the remaining rounds to find out who really wants to play for the Pies,to bleed for Collingwood?Why not FINALLY play young Dawes,Barham,maybe even McCarthy.Jack Anthony is shining,lets blood more kids,give em match day experience.
Finally,start kicking ass in the trade week to come,make Brown or Fev an offer they cannot refuse,at least try for one of em.And,go after Kerr and Cousins too,and i hear the Dockers have a big ruckman up for grabs,so lets go after him,too.things must be set in place now,so that we can and will learn the hard lessons that this season has thrown at us,and go into next year with a steely resolve that we have learned those lessons,and that we will hit back hard,with a vengeance. Wink[/quote]

i agree with this, we do need to kick ass at the trade, and we do need someone who will deliver each week.

DONT GIVE UP
we have worked so hard to get to where we are.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:43 pm

This is also just an opinion.That was THE biggesr crock of crap I've read all year. We played like school kids for the whole game, got slaughtered by the white maggotts for most of the game and ended up getting beaten by a couple of goals. Big deal . We flog the bummers next week and all of a sudden top 4 looks good again.North aren't that bad a team.Quite simple really. Rolling Eyes
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:48 pm

Wednesday is just too far away!!!

Can we please just merge all of these threads and just call it 'Utter Shit'

However it may need a warning label such as 'Please be warned that content inside may turn you into a loser'

Go barrack for another club....PLEASE!!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 pm

bwphantom wrote:

Go barrack for another club....PLEASE!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing If they take you at your word Phantom Collingwood might only have 20,000 members left! Wink
Pies4Life 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:17 pm

FFS one loss and everyone has given up, the true supporters really come out now.
We are 5th, we played 1 bad game on Friday and have had a few shocker this year, but seriously you're all acting as if we are bloody last

We finished 6th last year, we have what it takes.

BTW watch when we beat Essendon, everyone's gonna come back on the bandwagon

Premiers #08
MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Pies4Life wrote:
FFS one loss and everyone has given up, the true supporters really come out now.
We are 5th, we played 1 bad game on Friday and have had a few shocker this year, but seriously you're all acting as if we are bloody last

We finished 6th last year, we have what it takes.

BTW watch when we beat Essendon, everyone's gonna come back on the bandwagon

HORGH.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Chicken Littles everywhere! Last time I looked we were still in fifth place and a fair chance to stay there.

There will be list changes at the end of the year I'm sure but we don't need to be inundated with the views of the witless and sheep hearted ad nauseum regarding their opinions on the subject. Those decisions will be made by those who know the players best and whose job it is to evaluate such decisions.

I'm so confident we'll beat the Bombers that I'm going to the match on Saturday.

And while I'm about it: Hey Mods! Can we have a sheep's heart emoticon please? I reckon one could get a fair bit of use here at present

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:31 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
I'm so confident we'll beat the Bombers that I'm going to the match on Saturday.

Hey Mods! Can we have a medal emoticon!

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:09 pm

jack_spain wrote:

It's quite possible to criticise the club without throwing in the towel for the season, which the original poster seems to be advocating. Would you agree with that?

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
And while I'm about it: Hey Mods! Can we have a sheep's heart emoticon please? I reckon one could get a fair bit of use here at present

Here's your sheep's heart rocketronnie. And while we're at it here's Chicken Little to keep it company. Laughing

chick.jpg

heart.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: