Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Deutschland!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:43 am
Post subject: Deutschland!Reply with quote

Germany, the team that the critics stated had no chance at the start of the tournament. A team that just made the World Cup after poor performances throughout the Qualifications. For some apparent reason everyone loves England I can't stand the side of them and when Germany is mentioned it is that 5-1 hammering that England gave us in Munich that everyone states.
No one states that we beat them in Englands last ever match at Wembley 1-0 in the qualifyers and spoilt the party for the Pommies.
A team that lost three world class players prior to the tournament Reisler, Novotne and Scholl all quality players. When the critics saw this they said Germany will struggle to get past the first round. A team that doesn't play the best brand of football and is very boring. No we don't play the best brand of football but that is the coaches style.
If I was in charge of Germany I would definetly play an attacking formation. Currently Germany are playing a 5-3-2 formation and sometimes switch to a 3-5-2.
But anyway back to the critics everyone talks about England, France, Argentina Italy and Portugal. No one mentions Germany prior to the tournament. A German team that had no chance prior to the tournament is now in the Semi Finals and we will be hoping that Korea beats Spain as we will be to powerfull in the air for the Koreans as the Spaniards are just as strong as us.
We have the best goal keeper in the world in Oliver Kahn who has been a stand out in this tournament and is the captain of Germany. We have Ramelow, Metzelder, Linke, Kehl all in defence through out the tournament but Vouller has switched them time and time again. We have the best midfield in the tournament on paper. Ziege, Hamman, Ballack and Schneider. When you have Jeremies and Neuville coming off the bench it adds to the spark and the game plan the Germans play which is the counter attack.
Up front you have the leading goal scorer in the World Cup Miroslav Klose who is almost unbeatable in the air, then you have Bode who makes an impact off the bench. You have the Corey McKernan of the World Soccer in Karsten Jancker he has scored one goal this tournament in the 8-0 drubbing of Saudi Arabia very disapointing and not liked at all in Germany. Oliver Bieroff the 34 year old veteran hasn't had much game time but has made an impact everytime his came on. Another player that isn't being used is Alamouh who can score a goal but Vouller hasn't opted to use him much.
Suddenly where in the Semi Finals anything can happen our game plab is still criticised the coach is still criticised and the German press is getting stuck into the team who they feel haven't performed to there capabilities but are still into the final 4. Our best three players all withdrew before the tournament confidence between the players was low so they play ugly football to win there games.

So far: Germany 8 - Saudi Arabia 0
Klose 3
Ballack 2
Jancker
Biheroff
Schneider

Germany 1 - Ireland 1
Klose Keane

Cameroon 0 - Germany 2
Bode
Klose

Second Round - Germany 1 - Paraguay 0
Neuville

Quarter Final - Germany 1 - USA 0
Ballack

Sorry if I have bored you but I'm a big soccer fan and a huge fan of Germany very excited about what has happend thus far!!!!!!

Germany will be champion in 2002!!!!

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that the Krauts have beaten the Poms at the Poms' national game on numerous occasions.

But the Poms have beaten the Krauts at the Krauts' national game ... TWICE

1918 ... and 1945.

COME ON ENGLAND
COME ON ENGLAND
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:37 am

Dr Alf - Good one!!

JDF
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:14 pm

Euro 96 Semi Final at Wembley

England vs Germany

Germany shatter the Poms hopes of a final in there own country by winning on penalties and leaving 70,000 thousand people with tissues in there hands!

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:15 am

Well put Dr Alf.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:35 am

I must say, I'm not a big fan of england, not that I'm a fan of germany either. I simply cannot cheer on a team that contains the likes of beckham, scholes, and butt as I hate manchester united with a passion. having said that, germany are as exciting as watching paint dry. they are performing above expectations because many in their team know that this will be their last world cup. bierhoff, kahn, jancker et al will all be in their late 30s come the 2006 world cup in germany. let them perform well then...in the meantime, I hope corea beats them in the semi.

it's great to see all the so-called powerful european teams fall by the wayside to the lesser rated teams. the tide is shifting, and they don't like it. the europeans probably thought they had some divine right to win, but when they lose, you just can't stop the whingeing, about the referee etc etc. it's never about how well the team that has beaten them has played. so, good on the likes of corea, senegal, USA and turkey - they have made this world cup interesting.

I'm hoping for a corea v turkey final.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:39 am

Soccer??? I no nussink, nussink.......

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:08 am

Go Germany!

Ballack - The Chris Tarrant of World Soccer.

Colours are an illusion. There is only black and white.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:46 am

After watching Senegal V Turkey last night, I give the Turks no hope whatsoever against Brazil. Neither side last night had any sort of finishing power. Brazil are now certain finalists, I'd say. And barring corruption, they should take out yet another World Cup.

They've only got to beat Korea or the Hun.

Normally you'd say Fritz would be a certainty against Korea ... but it's pretty obvious that the Spain-Korea match was rigged. So who's to say they won't rig the semi-final as well.

Germany appeared very lucky to beat the Yanks, so I can't see them beating Brazil in a pink fit, even if they do manage to survive the obvious localised corruption in the semi-final.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 2:47 pm

The last thing i want to see is Brazil win..faking poseurs like Rivaldo dont deserve it...I'd even take those box headed Germans first (which would help Aussie qualify, as there would be another place open, as only defending champs and hosts automatically qualify, so 2 spots wouldnt be needed!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:57 am

I think if the likes of italy and spain want to whinge about match rigging, esp. off-side decisions, then I agree - they should fix up the standard of refereeing. maybe a "third umpire" system should be implemented, like the cricket or rugby. aside from the off-side decisions, they can then also be used to pick up everytime Vieri jumps for the ball with elbows swinging, everytime Maldini or Hierro tugs at an opposition jumper, or everytime Totti or Rivaldo takes a dive.

it's not corea's fault that the decisions go their way; that's FIFA's problem. but I don't think enough credit is given to corea. this team only has two (well, one now) european based players, with the rest in the domestic or japanese league. The K-League or J-League is not exactly Series A or La Liga! to do as well as they have is quite amazing, considering they haven't previously even won a match.

italy and spain (and portugal too) should just shut the hell up and accept their defeats with good grace. during the italy and corea match, yes the decision against Tommasi was wrong, but how many chances did Vieri have to score a goal? during the spain match, again the disallowed goal was wrong, but spain had a chance to score after a subsequent throw in and hit the post! that's bread and butter stuff for La Liga professionals. and what if the refereeing decisons were reversed? you wouldn't hear a pip from them.

good teams play above crap refereeing decisions, and if they're truly great, they will overcome them. that's one thing good about england - their fair play.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:16 am

rigged alf? thats a big call. next you'll be saying the boxing's rigged and the wrestling's fake.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:29 am

Q: why do Brazilians make great lovers?

A: because they can lob Seaman from 25 yards

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:06 am

hahaha junkboy bloody hilarious!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:11 am

Personally i think Germany have been very lucky so far in the tournament. They can be thankful that Oliver Kahn is a world class goal keeper. Although having said that i cant hate them too much as they have a slight Liverpool flavour with Didi Hamman and a former player in Ziege.

The umpiring in the soccer has been nothing short of disgraceful in the tournament so far. Italy and Spain were clearly robbed of victory by incorrect decisions. The amount of offsides that have been flagged incorrectly is a joke and the number of yellow cards issued in some games has also been laughable.

As England have been knocked out i am going for Turkey to win the World Cup as i have been impressed with their tactics and ball control. Actually it was a method of elimination as i hate the other countries more.

Let's get down to business
I don't got no time to play around, what is this?
Must be a circus in town, let's shut the shit down
on these clowns; can I get a witness? (HELL YEAH!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: