Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who gets delisted

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:38 am
Post subject: Who gets delistedReply with quote

No,No, No, its never too early to discuss who will get delisted at the end of the year.
Try these names,they are my picks, Dimmatina, Kinnear, A J Hill, A R Hill, Lane (although I think he is already off the list) and Steinfort. Plus we try and trade for Pavlich if we could keep his salary to less than that of Buck's (coz there is no one better than him).

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thoughts on delistment. Lane has already gone and correct me if I am wrong, but the Hill's just got promoted off the rookie list? As far as delistment goes I think Dimma is an absolute certainty and Kinnear? Well who knows (like Tuckey) he has been at the club for while now and has not been able to cement himself in the seniors (although some may argue that he hasn't really been given much of a go) and Steiners I am not really too sure about, I guess it depends on the depth of our run with/taggers. Pavelich....mmmm what a wonderful player to have in your side, and one who would compliment us to no end, he could be that missing link to our side to really cement a solid defense, but even though we may be able to afford him under our cap, that is the least of our worries! Fremantle will not accept draft picks (and if we keep winning our picks will be worth nothing as far as trade goes)or our seconds players. Fremantle will want a Tarrant or Davis's, plus added incentives for us to be able to procure someone of Pavelich's talent!

Toolman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:30 pm

as far as pavlich goes i think we have enough of rising young talent aroung the club, what we need are more experianced players to complement our youthfull side so there is a mix.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:45 pm

i don't think steinfort will go. My mum claims that Richardson will but i don't think so.
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 2:05 pm

Delist Steinfort?!

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
Lets Go Elvis Preslygiacomo
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 4:27 pm

dimma has to go, as does shaw. no way in hell they'll delist the hill's and nor should they. theyve only just been promoted. rintoul would have to be in danger given his migraine problems - there just doesnt seem to be a solution and lane of course has already gone. not sure if i entirely agree with it but richo and kinnear would also be looked at. could possibly get a trade for kinnear, the rest wouldnt fetch much on the market. cummings is a tough one. he's been useful without kicking goals but thats what he's paid for. if he can string 5-6 matches together for 20 goals in the remainder of season, he may just save himself.

Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:44 am

Yeah, I basically agree with all of you. I did give a lot of thought to Shaw being on my delist list and after reading your replys I probably agree that he should go as he has been there 3 years now without doing a great deal. If Richo goes it will probably be a retirement. I am not sure that the Cummings experiment has worked particlarly as Tom Davidson is coming on after getting over his injuries. And trust me about Pavlich he will be an absolute super star, he would look real good wearing black and white.
Good discussion guys and gals. Thanks

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:48 am

Dimmatina i think has to be an odds on favourite to go.

Mark Richardson i think should retire at year end and go out on a high.

There is no way Carl Steinfort should be delisted. When given the opportunity he is one of our better players i believe. He is hard at the ball and gives 110% each games he plays. Sure he may not have the bells and whistles of a Leon Davis but Carl is the type of player that you need around the club both for his on and off field leadership. I would be highly disappointed if Carl were to go at year end.

All the other players have the second half of the season to prove themselves worthy of staying on the Collingwood list. It may be that at year end our list stays largely the same as we are a young group and the improvement will be seen to come within.

If you recall at the start of the Malthouse era he stated that he wanted Collingwood to become the next Manchester United and for the group of players to grow up together. Malthouse has pretty much the list at his disposal that he wanted so therefore i think it would be good to keep the group in tact as much as possible. I believe the comradory amongst this current group is strong and i would hate to see this broken up.

United as One

Let's get down to business
I don't got no time to play around, what is this?
Must be a circus in town, let's shut the shit down
on these clowns; can I get a witness? (HELL YEAH!)
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:09 am

OMG.. it is NO way near the end of the season yet, can we just let the players play and let the coaching staff do their job?

god, you are always on all the players' BACK, lay OFF!

shiesh, and get over benny kinnear will u? he's on contract, he aint going anywhere... JUST TO ANNOY ALL OF YOU

Luv me, who luvs paul

PS grrr i hate this topic! i hate when these things are brought up! i know i am sounding like a rude person, but PLZ!

RODE + #45 4 EVA!
#21 4 EVA GO BRENT!
always legends,will stay legends
wait for tuckey and nicki stone
to kick our butts:
COLL VS WEST COAST/COLL VS HAWTHORN
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:56 am

just watching the Collingwood vs. Essendon (anzac day) clash. Besides McGough, Steinfort played like the 2nd best on ground. He was everywhere! No way will he go!
I agree with ash. I know that it is part of footy but leave it till laterz!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:33 am

i am with u ash, i dont like the idea of collingwood supporters wanting players to leave.
And as for steinford the onlything he needs to get rid of is his beard!
luv sheree

GO PIES!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:58 pm

c'mon guys - give the boys a the last 10 games before you go chopping a few of them!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:32 pm

why should we go easy on them? it would be naive to think the club itself is not already identifying areas its lacking in and the players that dont seem able to stand up should be given the boot. and ash, contracts arent worth the paper theyre printed on.

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:15 am

I agree Ramjet21. My comments were not meant to sound like I was wanting to be rid of certain players at all. The topic is about delistement and although we may only be half way through a season it doesn't matter at all. Delistments are a reality and it is interesting to step back and see how the club is travelling and where it is headed and by doing that you can see through the development of our youngsters and the team plans that there is obviously no places for some players in the future. MM has stated that Collingwood is 100% behind a 'Youth' policy and from now on is not interested in recruting players over 25, which means we will be looking to draft more and develop more youngsters, so at the end of the day, certain players who are now older and who have been at the club for a while and can't break through, will have to make way. It is not a critiscism, but a reality!

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:20 am

agreed magpira. your above comments re pavlich are spot on too. should we cough up a leon / nick davis and a pick for him? i tend to think no, but who knows what the club is thinking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: