Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What is more important to you?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is more important?
Upholding the clubs values, regardless of on field results
48%
 48%  [ 27 ]
Winning is everything. Leave the off field issues where they are
51%
 51%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 56

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:45 pm
Post subject: What is more important to you?Reply with quote

Zero tolerance and a strong stance towards off field demeanors resulting in suspensions /sackings that may effect our ability to win games

or

Less stringent approach where by players are fined/rehabilited etc. but still able to take the field. So basically, winning is everything, the rest will sort itself out.

Please keep it simple. I think we've read just about every variation of what is essentially two sides of the argument. One line answers will be much appreciated but don't let me hold you back from having a good rant if you feel the need Smile

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

we're in the business of trying to win premierships.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:20 pm

i dont like people who sit on the fence

i dont like people who are wishy washy in their opinions

but i really cant bring myself to answer...

lately, with the threads flying around, i seem to be playing devils advocate and just taking the opposite side Sad

im really torn between this. especially because i love heath shaw and didak so much.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:35 pm

I would never take a win at the expense of my own integrity.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:39 pm

The West Coast Eagles are a fine example of why I voted for the first option. They won a flag, but ultimately brought shame upon themselves and are now at the bottom of the ladder. Karma's a bitch.
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:44 pm

no one ever remembers second.

its first or nothing.

the hawks and geelong grandfinal was epic, **** integrity just win the bloody thing and worry about integrity later.

if the hawks make it again this year, watch ablett, bartel, selwood all lined up and ironed out until one or two dont get up.

call that fair? is that playing with integrity? naah its winning a grandfinal at all costs. do you think the AFL would take it off the hawks if ablett was knocked? doubt it.

win one first then maybe we can look at winning one with integrity later. thats a luxury in AFL that we currently dont have
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:47 pm

jimbeam wrote:
no one ever remembers second.

its first or nothing.

the hawks and geelong grandfinal was epic, **** integrity just win the bloody thing and worry about integrity later.

if the hawks make it again this year, watch ablett, bartel, selwood all lined up and ironed out until one or two dont get up.

call that fair? is that playing with integrity? naah its winning a grandfinal at all costs. do you think the AFL would take it off the hawks if ablett was knocked? doubt it.

win one first then maybe we can look at winning one with integrity later. thats a luxury in AFL that we currently dont have

What about integrity off the field. That's not important in the whole scheme of things? Everyone wants to win, but do we want to put up with weeks like this again?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am

Hard as it was,the Club made the right decision.In the short term,we will miss the finals now,in the long term,this could be one very big step towards a flag within three years.Geelong did a similar hard line,and it worked wonders for them.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:57 am

Winning. The first option ("upholding club values' etc) are only there to facilitate the second, I believe. The long-term success of the club would most certainly have been hurt if this hadn't been dealt with properly.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 am

personally I'm just sick of idiot acts trashing any hope we have, I'm going on 41 and have only ever seen 1 premiership go to Collingwood, the players are fine, they get good money fro playing a game, they get fame, chicks and get worshipped by their fans, they hang around for ten years if they're lucky and then go onto something else in their lives, while we wait and wait for our next flag.
to them it's just a job, to us it's our lives, and yet they shit on us.
in the end our '08 season will be wasted because some wankers can't say no to having a drink!!? ffs!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:56 am

David wrote:
Winning. The first option ("upholding club values' etc) are only there to facilitate the second, I believe. The long-term success of the club would most certainly have been hurt if this hadn't been dealt with properly.

yes.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:28 am

Winning covers a multitude of sins.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 am

Sorry Franki, but imo opinion, splitting this into two camps if far too simplistic [and because of this your poll is crap Smile ]

Not taking a strong stance on off-field incidents also 'may effect our ability to win games'.

I want our players to stick to team values and show integrity off the field as well, because that's what's needed to win premierships.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:10 am

nomadjack wrote:
Sorry Franki, but imo opinion, splitting this into two camps if far too simplistic [and because of this your poll is crap :-) ]

Not taking a strong stance on off-field incidents also 'may effect our ability to win games'.

I want our players to stick to team values and show integrity off the field as well, because that's what's needed to win premierships.

Agree. (Except for "the poll is crap" bit).
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 am

The only 'off-field' misdemeanors which concern me are those which negatively impact on our players on-field performance. I'm not interested in all the role model crap. My reason for being pissed off over this latest incident is that the players involved were damaging their ability to perform at their peak. It smacked of unprofessionalism. For this reason only, believe the club was entitled to suspend players for a couple of games. In this instance, however, I strongly believe the penalty has far exceeded the 'crime', and has damaged, if not destroyed, our team's whole season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: