Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Funny thing on Nick's.................

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:43 pm
Post subject: Funny thing on Nick's.................Reply with quote

I find it very funny that during the season many posters bag the crap out of some Collingwood players but during trade week, they dont want these same players traded or off loaded!! They suddently become extremely valuable and off limits!! Twisted Evil Razz
It really amuses me...... Laughing Very Happy
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

and watch everyone come scurrying back to the sanctity and sanctuary of the gd forum.

lazza, to be fair there were about 3 of us who didn't want to offer fraser to any of the clubs so there was some consistency amongst the crew. Evil or Very Mad

goldsack clearly has a lot of followers and a heck of a bandwagon in tow.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:54 pm

jmcp wrote:
and watch everyone come scurrying back to the sanctity and sanctuary of the gd forum.

lazza, to be fair there were about 3 of us who didn't want to offer fraser to any of the clubs so there was some consistency amongst the crew. Evil or Very Mad

True everyone will be Back here Tommorow and Changing there Tune.

Still think not trading Goldsack for Ball was Stupid by Hine big mistake

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm

jmcp wrote:

Well the next time a Collingwood player is severely criticised, I would love to see if it was one whom posters did not want traded......and if those posters come in to defend him....... Rolling Eyes Shocked
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Lazza wrote:
jmcp wrote:

Well the next time a Collingwood player is severely criticised, I would love to see if it was one whom posters did not want traded......and if those posters come in to defend him....... Rolling Eyes Shocked

Lazza, from what I've seen many of us who backed the New Wave also backed the side through thick and thin during the season. A few posters did move from a position of criticising the side to backing the New Wave, but in their defense they may well have changed their position on the back of data gleaned from the finals, realising it takes a generation of players to form a side as good as Geelong. Others who were critical during the season simply expect certain players they don't fancy to be replaced by the New Wave or to be moved to a more peripheral role.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:17 pm

I can only speak for myself, and I'm pretty sure the only player I've bagged on this site for years is Maxy. I pretty much had to eat my words this year as he turned it around and really showed what he's made of. Happy to do it.

I have always been in the "don't trade anyone" camp. Always. This year was different though. This week I stopped thinking with my heart and went with my head.

I did not want to trade Nathan Brown for Ball, but would have happily traded Dawes for Fev. That doesn't mean I don't love Dawes to death, because I do. Just means my head told me we might be a better chance for a premiership sooner rather than later had that trade been done.

I don't think we should bag out anyone for their opinions during trade week. We ALL want a premiership, we just see a different way of getting there.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: