Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thanks Blues

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 pm
Post subject: Thanks BluesReply with quote

A short note of thanks to the Carlton Football Club, who refused to allow Fevola to go to Collingwood because they did not want to benefit their old enemy.

As today's revelations emerge in The Age about what went on at Brownlow night, it's clear that their enmity saved us from potentially giving up a few of the disciplined, dedicated young players who will contribute to our premiership campaign, for a man who is now an embarrassment to any club associated with him. Getting him at the expense of young talent would have sent the worst possible signal to this young team. Kernahan is now of course saying "it's Brisbane's problem, not ours".

I completely agree that footballers don't have to be saints (only hypocrites and those with amnesia about their own failings believe this), but equally what Fevola allegedly did is way beyond the pale.

Thanks Blues - with your spite, you saved us an expensive embarrassment and ensured Voss got one. Lovely.

boom 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, thankyou Carlton. Fev is clearly a tool.

Besides, I'm more than happy for JA to follow up his first full season at FF with solid contributions from a fit and firing Medhurst and a reinvigorated Fraser.
merolz 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:46 pm

With all the off-field news flying about Fevola, little has been said about his ability to self-destruct on the field.

I went to a Carlton-Adelaide game a couple of years ago and couldn’t take my eyes off him. He wasn’t getting much of the ball and started to play for free kicks that were never there. After the ump called play on, he spent the next 2 minutes gobbing off at him, and at one point, continued to spray the ump rather than chase the ball or assist his teammates. The Carlton supporters were yelling at the coach to drag him. To see such naked petulance in the modern game was simply amazing.

I know he can kick 10 on his day, but having a personality as destructive as that in a group that spends so much time together must have an enormous cost to team cohesion.

He’ll never be different either. If a 20 year old acts like a peanut, there’s plenty of time for his brain to catch up with his body. With the 28 year old Fev, that’s just who he is – a brainless, self-serving, obnoxious child.

I’m thrilled that he’s not in Black and White.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Was Carlton-Adelaide game a couple of years ago and couldn’t take his or her eyes off him a good experience?
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:07 pm

I had a feeling the whole Fev to Collingwood thing was just not going to happen.

For once we made the right descision , even if it was made for us.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 pm
Post subject: Re: Thanks BluesReply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
A short note of thanks to the Carlton Football Club, who refused to allow Fevola to go to Collingwood because they did not want to benefit their old enemy.

As today's revelations emerge in The Age about what went on at Brownlow night, it's clear that their enmity saved us from potentially giving up a few of the disciplined, dedicated young players who will contribute to our premiership campaign, for a man who is now an embarrassment to any club associated with him. Getting him at the expense of young talent would have sent the worst possible signal to this young team. Kernahan is now of course saying "it's Brisbane's problem, not ours".

I completely agree that footballers don't have to be saints (only hypocrites and those with amnesia about their own failings believe this), but equally what Fevola allegedly did is way beyond the pale.

Thanks Blues - with your spite, you saved us an expensive embarrassment and ensured Voss got one. Lovely.

Yep. Fev is classic of the Bloos culture, whether they now disown him or not. Nice try c0cksuckers but no cigar, in trying to make sure we lost, we won and you proved what scum you are.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:27 am

I'd still take him in a shot. Pretty much every team that's won a flag recently has topped their list off with a trade or three to cover holes. We've picked up the leading hit out winner who comes from a team whose style of play generates the most ball ups. Join the dots. I'd doubt he'd have the same numbers in 2010. I'd prefer Luke Ball.

Then again, I know nowt about football.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:11 am

London Dave wrote:
I'd still take him in a shot. Pretty much every team that's won a flag recently has topped their list off with a trade or three to cover holes. We've picked up the leading hit out winner who comes from a team whose style of play generates the most ball ups. Join the dots. I'd doubt he'd have the same numbers in 2010. I'd prefer Luke Ball.

Then again, I know nowt about football.

Im not sure now Davo

How many clubs new about the possible sexual assault charge that Fevola may now face and that is of course if the Herald Sun journo makes an official complaint. Why was that news released to the public at the end of trade week and how many clubs showing interest in a Fevola trade knew of the sexual assault claim.
Now if the complaint is made official will the AFL suspend Fevola or worse still could Fevola be deregistered. Who would take a punt on fevola in the trade with all that stuff. Now what moral obligation did or does Carlton have to inform Brisbane of the sexual assault claim.
Me thinks this could be a huge story. Pretty pleased now the Pies didn't go near this scumbag.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:46 am

joffa corfe wrote:
Im not sure now Davo

How many clubs new about the possible sexual assault charge that Fevola may now face and that is of course if the Herald Sun journo makes an official complaint. Why was that news released to the public at the end of trade week and how many clubs showing interest in a Fevola trade knew of the sexual assault claim.
Now if the complaint is made official will the AFL suspend Fevola or worse still could Fevola be deregistered. Who would take a punt on fevola in the trade with all that stuff. Now what moral obligation did or does Carlton have to inform Brisbane of the sexual assault claim.
Me thinks this could be a huge story. Pretty pleased now the Pies didn't go near this scumbag.

One club would've. Carlton, and possibly the AFL as I believe the Hun complained to the AFL. I think the Bears (a team I have zilcho love for btw) would have a reason to feel hard done by if Fev copped weeks from the AFL. There's due diligence but I'm sure the Carlton/AFL woulda done everything possible to ensure Fev got traded, even, god forbid, being a little economical with the truth re Fev.

I still can't figure out how they (Carlton/AFL) didn't haul the idiot's arse outta there when he started getting out of hand, but I guess they've let him get away with it for years.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:38 am

Forget about his off the field "happenings"
In the last 10 years how many finals (G.F. most importantly ) have been blown apart by one forward?
The most successful teams have had some great players but n my mind it's a team effort and it's the team with the most even performance that usually brings home the bacon!. Fev has blown teams away in the home and away season but not the top teams. We were one of his victims but why.... we dropped off in the midfield and we were history. Fev would have cost us some currency somewhere. No doubt the club would have been advised of Carltons demands and would have weighed up the pros and cons. The Jolly Trade was probably the best we could have done from what was available. Personally I wouldn't have minded having Lovett racing down in Black and white but if you look back and see how we have been beaten in the ruck in 2007 and 2009 by the Cats we should be doing laps around Ligon street after getting Jolly on board!!
magpie57 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 am
Post subject: Re: Thanks BluesReply with quote

[quote="Mugwump"]A short note of thanks to the Carlton Football Club, who refused to allow Fevola to go to Collingwood because they did not want to benefit their old enemy.

Thanks Blues - with your spite, you saved us an expensive embarrassment and ensured Voss got one. Lovely.[/quote]

I'm not worried at all about Carlton, it's Brisbanes awesome forward line that worries me.
At the end of the day, who gives a shit if Fev is a tool, if Brisbane win a premiership over the next couple of years it will be us who will be embarrased because after all winning a premiership is what it is all about and we cannot do that with our present structure.
Our so called sensible stars proved that this finals campaign.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 am

I would highly, highly doubt that Brisbane didn't know the full story. It had been all over the internet for days before it was "officially" revealed.

Trade week showed that they are in the business of winning games to potentially win a premiership. It might be short sighted, but Voss has traded this week to put the best team he can on the field next year.

I wish we had too....

#SIDEBYSIDE
magpie57 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:41 am

[quote="mandy"]I would highly, highly doubt that Brisbane didn't know the full story. It had been all over the internet for days before it was "officially" revealed.

Trade week showed that they are in the business of winning games to potentially win a premiership. It might be short sighted, but Voss has traded this week to put the best team he can on the field next year.

I wish we had too....[/quote]

Here here

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:36 pm

mandy wrote:
I would highly, highly doubt that Brisbane didn't know the full story. It had been all over the internet for days before it was "officially" revealed.

I wish we had too....

So where is the line?

Is it rape?
Is it attempted rape?
Is it sexual assault?

Where is it that a players off field actions are bad enough that we as a club say, no thank you?

Do you have a line?

I know I do

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:44 pm

In any other workplace this incident would be considered sexual harassment if not worse, meaning you get the arse, not traded/transferred to another department/football club. Ben Cousins was deregistered by the AFL for a year for what was probably a far lesser offence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: