Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Questions At Future AGM's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:37 pm
Post subject: Questions At Future AGM'sReply with quote

Hi All,

Some here are Social Club members and as such have access to Collingwood AGM's, some have other forms of memberships whist other support the club in other ways.

On this forum there has been much discussion of what is right and wrong with the club.

I propose that prior to next years AGM we vet potential questions from the Nicks contributors and reduce the number of questions (by vote) down to three and field these questions at next years AGM.

What are your thoughts on this???
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. Let's do it.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:17 pm

I think that is a fantastic idea.

Accountability is the key.

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Eddie McGuire asked for Questions from Nicks posters before the 2007 AGM here :

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?p=613054&highlight=agm#613054

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Well they do say 2 years is a long time in football Wink Wink

die4pies wrote:
Congratulations to you, Mr McGuire, and your exceptional team on a great year with the books again and we are just one bloody straight kick off filling the trophy cabinet too!

The club's efforts in retaining a formal connection to Victoria Park are greatly appreciated as well.

2008 promises to be a massive season and lets all hope we can gather on September 28 on our hallowed turf to celebrate this mighty club's 16th premiership. (VFA Counts in my books Wink )

Go Pies!
Shane

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=40638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=agm&start=45

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:15 am
Post subject: Re: Questions At Future AGM'sReply with quote

EVO8Gold wrote:
Hi All,

Some here are Social Club members and as such have access to Collingwood AGM's, some have other forms of memberships whist other support the club in other ways.

On this forum there has been much discussion of what is right and wrong with the club.

I propose that prior to next years AGM we vet potential questions from the Nicks contributors and reduce the number of questions (by vote) down to three and field these questions at next years AGM.

and who's going to field the questions at the AGM?

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 am

Proud Pies wrote:

Hiss
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:02 am

Wokko wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

Hiss

Eddie listens to what Hiss posts

the president wrote:

By the way I saw Mr.Hiss' post re lunch Christmas day. We will be having our annual Christmas lunch for our friends at the club which I will be able to attend this year.

I will get the club site to highlight the options on Christmas day at our other venues.

Eddie.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=40638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=agm&start=30

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:14 am

Quote:
We were desperate and continue to be, to play at Victoria Park and hope to do so in the future when the council are finished with their workings there.

Oh Eddie. I wish this had been true. Crying or Very sad
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 am

what has an affiliation with nick's got to do with my right as a social club member to ask questions at the agm?

whatever came of the supporters panel they put in place? if something like that worked the club and supporters would be engaging in communication throughout the year.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:27 am

I am sure that there would be a few Social Club members who to get together and we can all ask a question each ect. Alternatively we may be able to submit the questions in writing (this may acceptable under the rules under the guise of one of our membership numbers). I will raise this aspect with the club in advance.

If some people wish to go ahead with this we can create a topic 4-6 weeks out from the next AGM.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:58 am

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
Well they do say 2 years is a long time in football Wink Wink

die4pies wrote:
Congratulations to you, Mr McGuire, and your exceptional team on a great year with the books again and we are just one bloody straight kick off filling the trophy cabinet too!

The club's efforts in retaining a formal connection to Victoria Park are greatly appreciated as well.

2008 promises to be a massive season and lets all hope we can gather on September 28 on our hallowed turf to celebrate this mighty club's 16th premiership. (VFA Counts in my books Wink )

Go Pies!
Shane

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=40638&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=agm&start=45

Sure is C4E. In fact things can change very quickly.

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:52 am

"As you take the microphone can you state your name and Social Club Membership number before you ask your question please" - E. McGuire
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Ill happily ask one if it's voted for by all the members of the board.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:53 pm

EVO8Gold wrote:
Hi All,

I dont understand,

What is actually wrong with our club ?

We went to the draft and walked away with two 2010 Collingwood premiership players....If anyone on here understands anything about football your conclusion would be this club is on the verge of premiership greatness...Thats not fanciful and it aint blind loyality or blind faith it's a genuine football conclusion based on where our list is at the moment.

I really believe some of us are taking ourselves a little too serious of late, All of a sudden everyone wants to run this club but in doing so have removed themselves from the most famous verse in our clubs song ' side by side we stick together ' I find that incredibly sad that some people have the need to bag our club and it's people as savagely as they have done, Infact let me say i have found it very embarrassing...and let me add on a personal level i have felt very sad and somewhat a bit down on life at present..We are days away from one of the most exciting times of the year..Christmas a time of love Peace and Goodwill and God knows the planet needs plenty of that at this minute. We live in an inperfect world much to do by our own doing..Many times following our beloved Collingwood footy club gives us a haven from the world's troubles..and at times our own troubles..but right now my safe haven has been damaged greatly by reading how much of a displeasure it has become for some people to follow the great collingwood footy club..I have always believed we are great still do and will forever, no matter where we are on the ladder. I came to that conclusion as a five year old in my first ever game watching Collingwood and am proud as punch to say i will take it to the grave with me.

Just recently the other day i asked a very close friend who happens to follow Carlton what her football opinion was of the Collingwood football club as we fast appraoch another AFL season..Her response was she would give anything for her club to be where we are right now and very much rates Collingwood as a top three chance of winning the 2010 Premiership.

It's true to say some people cannot live without drama in their lives, infact some people no matter how petty the drama maybe actually thrive on it. Some people may see myself as a pretty simple type of guy..But this guy at the end of the day has some pretty good values..

Love each other
Love the club we follow
Life is short so lets not harm others physically or verbally we all have rights to express opinions but lets do it honestly and peacefully..I dont reckon we have the right to damage our club in anyway..Some fair bit of damage on here lately sadly to say.
At the end of the day at the end of the shit fight..This club is still the greatest club..
Lets have some time out Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: