Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tony Abbott and Virgins

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 am
Post subject: Tony Abbott and VirginsReply with quote

I had to laugh the other day when the Honorable leader pushed that women remain virgins and treat their virginity as sacred.

It's the do as I say not as I do approach from all bible bashers.

He is against abortion and now he is against sex unless of course he is involved.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 am
Post subject: Re: Tony Abbott and VirginsReply with quote

Culprit wrote:
I had to laugh the other day when the Honorable leader pushed that women remain virgins and treat their virginity as sacred.

It's the do as I say not as I do approach from all bible bashers.

He is against abortion and now he is against sex unless of course he is involved.

Indeed. Reinforcing that it's always a womans responsility what about mens?
He didn't mind having a root when he wasn't married. Bloody Politican & bloody hipocrite. As Catherine Deveny told Abbott on Q & A last year (ABC TV) "get your rosaries off my ovaries". Yes a well known saying in the anti abortion debate - but a good'n

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean your name is Catherine Deveny told Abbott on Q A last year ABC TV get your rosaries off his or her ovaries ?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:04 am

Comedian Fiona Scott-Norman said that if one were to look in the dictionary under ''hypocrite'', there would be a picture of Mr Abbott. ''Yet another self-acknowledged one-time drug-taking, 'Vatican roulette' playing, shagabout, white, middle-aged male telling young women not to do what he did when he was their age.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Sorry, from the article I read it didn't sound like he said anything offensive, other than to trot out the standard religious line about virginity in relation to his own family (which my parents tried to grind into my head growing up). What are we supposed to be shocked at, that Abbott is a conservative Christian? Knew that.

As for his anti-abortion stance, it's one of the few things I agree with Abbott on.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Australia must not be a virgin then, cause if he gets his dirty mits on it, you know he will F*&k it...
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 pm

David wrote:
As for his anti-abortion stance, it's one of the few things I agree with Abbott on.

David, as with Christopher Hitchens, you keep alluding to your anti-abortion stance without actually explaining it.... Wink
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm

I gather that the mad monk doesn't think blokes should be virgins until marriage so I'm curious - if women are to remain virgins until marriage who are all the blokes gunna have sex with??

Married women - surely not - that's adultery - not allowed

Prostitutes - surely not Shocked

So that only leaves widows doesn't it?

Should the sheep be nervous Wink Laughing

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Morrigu wrote:
I gather that the mad monk doesn't think blokes should be virgins until marriage so I'm curious - if women are to remain virgins until marriage who are all the blokes gunna have sex with??

Married women - surely not - that's adultery - not allowed

Prostitutes - surely not Shocked

So that only leaves widows doesn't it?

LOVE IT!

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 pm

David wrote:
Sorry, from the article I read it didn't sound like he said anything offensive, other than to trot out the standard religious line about virginity in relation to his own family (which my parents tried to grind into my head growing up). What are we supposed to be shocked at, that Abbott is a conservative Christian? Knew that.

David, Abbott had sex with a woman before he or she was married. He actually thought he had a son with her until recently.
He had no concern for her virginity. So, hypocrite.
David, you are not a woman, so therefore you and Abbott have no say in abortion.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

member34259 wrote:
David wrote:

David, Abbott had sex with a woman before he or she was married. He actually thought he had a son with her until recently.
David, you are not a woman, so therefore you and Abbott have no say in abortion.

Indeed. Mind you men can have a say but not the final say in my view.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 pm

If Tony Abbott doesn't want an abortion then good on him. But just don't get in the way of those women who are in the unfortunate position of needing to make a difficult choice.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm

pietillidie wrote:
David wrote:

David, as with Christopher Hitchens, you keep alluding to your anti-abortion stance without actually explaining it.... Wink

Haha, fair point. I suppose I feel like I've said all I need to say on this topic, and threads tend to get derailed very quickly once someone makes an argument one way or another.

Here's a thread from a couple of years ago:

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=41866

member34259 wrote:
David wrote:

He may well regret this. Might not have even been a practising Christian back then. I don't know, you'd have to ask him. Either way, I'm not sure that he's ever attempted to force his views on virginity onto other people.

As for abortion, sorry, but society as a whole has to make that judgement. I would never condemn women who make that choice under the circumstances, I just don't think it should be offered as a valid choice in the first place.

Last edited by David on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

David, the day you knock up a woman, then medical intervention can transfer the fetus to your body, then you can have a say.
Until then, you, me and every male in the world do not have the final say.

P.S. I'm sure there is some scientist out there working on a solution for your dilemma right now.
bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Morrigu wrote:

Lol, Yes. We'll be singing the Partridge Family classic "I think I love Ewe" everytime we get lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10   

Jump to: