Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Nick's Struggling Under the Traffic?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:27 pm
Post subject: Is Nick's Struggling Under the Traffic?Reply with quote

Last week I was shut out of Nick's for long periods during the game. The same thing is happening again tonight.

Is that happening to others?
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Server overload presumably
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:30 pm

It's half buggering up the experience, to be honest. That's not a complaint to everyone who keeps the show on the road without charge, which I appreciate no end, but it is becoming a genuine issue.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Probably hosted somewhere for very cheap rate I'd say.

Huge traffic and Magpies.Net dies in the arse.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 pm

It's better tonight than the performance of our players. Wink
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:13 pm
Post subject: Re: Is Nick's Struggling Under the Traffic?Reply with quote

pietillidie wrote:
Last week I was shut out of Nick's for long periods during the game. The same thing is happening again tonight.

Is that happening to others?

i'm sure it is actually a blessing in disguise. save yourself the angst of reading the usual tripe that surfaces after a loss.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:17 am

steviewonder36 wrote:

Any idea of the reason for that?

How many people actually value this forum enough to help not only keep it running properly, but to keep it going at all? In the last 12 months 3 people out of a membership of 3500 have contributed to the cost of keeping it going - and you weren't one of them. People can't even be bothered using the link on the front page to buy their DVDs - Nick's is obviously not valued and is showing the signs. I can certainly tell you that I've had enough of subsidising it - if it wasn't for Nick's I'd probably be able to afford a membership and actually contribute something worthwhile to the Club.

Neglect it and it will go away... and that's a promise.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:43 am

Eliminating Jackie Pain would increase the available bandwidth by 50% Razz
sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:02 am

dont really have much to spare but even if only 20-50 of the regular users coughed up $10 a month, i guess that would make a difference (although perhaps im showing my naiveity - i honestly have no clue about computers and the costs involved in hosting a site etc...).

im happy to throw some money in every month. any others?

mike - cheers for your efforts as always. the account details that come up when hitting the 'keep this show on the road' link...with the bsb & acc #... am i able to bpay money to that acc? i assume so but dont want to hit send before being sure - lol
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 am

Mike wrote:
steviewonder36 wrote:

How many people actually value this forum enough to help not only keep it running properly, but to keep it going at all? In the last 12 months 3 people out of a membership of 3500 have contributed to the cost of keeping it going - and you weren't one of them. People can't even be bothered using the link on the front page to buy their DVDs - Nick's is obviously not valued and is showing the signs. I can certainly tell you that I've had enough of subsidising it - if it wasn't for Nick's I'd probably be able to afford a membership and actually contribute something worthwhile to the Club.

Not sure about other people, but I have the General Discussion as a favourites link and very rarely if ever venture to the front page. Just saying if a lot of people are like me then maybe something on the GD page would also get peoples attention. I just donated tonight for the first time because tonight was the first time I actually noticed the donations link but needed someone to point it out.

MONCO: Your life.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:21 pm

sportingtragic wrote:
dont really have much to spare but even if only 20-50 of the regular users coughed up $10 a month, i guess that would make a difference (although perhaps im showing my naiveity - i honestly have no clue about computers and the costs involved in hosting a site etc...).

mike - cheers for your efforts as always. the account details that come up when hitting the 'keep this show on the road' link...with the bsb & acc #... am i able to bpay money to that acc? i assume so but dont want to hit send before being sure - lol

Sorry I haven't replied to this earlier, but I'm on the road and have been out of mobile reception for two days.

Yes, those details are safe to use... and thanks.

To those who have donated in the past, thank you - money aside, it makes a huge difference knowing that the site is valued enough for people to want to contribute. There are also those who contribute more time and energy than can be valued in dollars - the moderators and the people who contribute time and skill to maintaining the web site. To those people, the ones who actually keep this show on the road, thank you.

I haven't acknowledged donations in the past because I didn't want to start an "I donated" hierarchical mentality, but it's probably time that those who donate are publicly acknowledged and I'll put something in place to do that from now on.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Mike wrote:
steviewonder36 wrote:

I am not paying $40 per game it's a Rip Off

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:49 pm

^Dave, why do you think Nick's sells the DVDs?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:53 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Dave, why do you think Nick's sells the DVDs?

NO I am just saying they Company that does Prices are Terrible.

I say if Nicks was running it the DVD's be alot better priced

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Mike wrote:
sportingtragic wrote:

Sorry I haven't replied to this earlier, but I'm on the road and have been out of mobile reception for two days.

Yes, those details are safe to use... and thanks.

To those who have donated in the past, thank you - money aside, it makes a huge difference knowing that the site is valued enough for people to want to contribute. There are also those who contribute more time and energy than can be valued in dollars - the moderators and the people who contribute time and skill to maintaining the web site. To those people, the ones who actually keep this show on the road, thank you.

I haven't acknowledged donations in the past because I didn't want to start an "I donated" hierarchical mentality, but it's probably time that those who donate are publicly acknowledged and I'll put something in place to do that from now on.

I'd prefer anonymous donations, as I assume the mods would, but whatever the case we all need a regular kick up the bum, Mike, that's for sure. Perhaps we could do say a bi-monthly drive for donations as I've seen on sites such as www.antiwar.com. I'm happy to help with anything like that.

Last edited by pietillidie on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: