Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Geez it hurts to see The Monkey in Hawthorn colours!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:53 pm
Post subject: Geez it hurts to see The Monkey in Hawthorn colours!Reply with quote

Damian Monkhorst, the best Collingwood ruckman in a generation couldn't get a gig at home so the Hawks snaffled him.

We are stuck with a former Geelong hack as our ruck coach.

To see The Monkey out there at quarter time giving the big Hawks a rev up almost made me bring up my breakfast. What shame. Crying or Very sad
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, breakfast?
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:01 pm

why is at the hawks? they have no ruckmen left
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Fire Up wrote:
why is at the hawks? they have no ruckmen left

Maybe they'll draft him. Laughing
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:12 pm

I have to agree here.

Flanagan (spelling?) has been at the club for years now, and every ruckman that has come through the club seems to get worst over the years, yet he still keeps his job.

With the amount of retired premiership ruckman out there, or even elite rucks that never won flags, surely we would be better off with a coach who was actually successful in his career as a player.

Flanagan was about as good as Steven Mckee as a player.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm

mattys123 wrote:
I have to agree here.

Flanagan (spelling?) has been at the club for years now, and every ruckman that has come through the club seems to get worst over the years, yet he still keeps his job.

With the amount of retired premiership ruckman out there, or even elite rucks that never won flags, surely we would be better off with a coach who was actually successful in his career as a player.

Must be good Mates with Eddie and MM because I hate to say he is doing a Lousy Job

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm

mattys123 wrote:
I have to agree here.

Good comparison.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm

No it doesn't hurt at all because none of us have any reliable metrics for determining how good he or any of the assistant coaches at any club are.
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:04 pm

pietillidie wrote:
No it doesn't hurt at all because none of us have any reliable metrics for determining how good he or any of the assistant coaches at any club are.

?

The determining factor is the statistics our rucks generate. In short, bloody pathetic!
The situation this year has not changed, despite us recruiting a Premiership ruckman.
Can this be laid at the foot of the ruck coach? You bet your life it can!

Why is there such a resistance from Collingwood followers to change something that is not working? It amazes me. When things don't work in the private sector then you change things or you go out of business.
1 flag in 50 years, with flags being the actual reason for CFC to exist, would show that we need to change things or get out of business!
The ruck coach may be one small change, but as it is clearly not working, it should be the first change.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:00 am
Post subject: Re: Geez it hurts to see The Monkey in Hawthorn colours!Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
Damian Monkhorst, the best Collingwood ruckman in a generation couldn't get a gig at home so the Hawks snaffled him.

We are stuck with a former Geelong hack as our ruck coach.

To see The Monkey out there at quarter time giving the big Hawks a rev up almost made me bring up my breakfast. What shame. Crying or Very sad

In case you haven't noticed in your usual faux outrage, Hawthorn's rucks aren't much chop either - they are even worse than ours (and that includes the injured ones also).

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 am

member34259 wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

?
The determining factor is the statistics our rucks generate. In short, bloody pathetic!
The situation this year has not changed, despite us recruiting a Premiership ruckman.
Can this be laid at the foot of the ruck coach? You bet your life it can!

Why is there such a resistance from Collingwood followers to change something that is not working? It amazes me. When things don't work in the private sector then you change things or you go out of business.
1 flag in 50 years, with flags being the actual reason for CFC to exist, would show that we need to change things or get out of business!
The ruck coach may be one small change, but as it is clearly not working, it should be the first change.

That qualifies as yet more juvenile naivete, not a way of assessing the quality of Damien Monkhorst or any other assistant coach based on metrics which can be isolated from the web of causality which results in players and teams performing well. I guess at least now we know where to send corporate clients looking for strategic management advice.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 am

Sorry I caught you out pie.
But we exist to win flags. We just don't win enough because people like you enjoy making excuses for non-performance.
This attitude is killing us.
Meanwhile clubs like Carlscum cut hard and deep, and keep winning flags.
jonesy86 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 am

Monky was at Richmond for the past few years, this is his first at Hawthorn.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am

If someone at Hawthorn belongs in Collingwood colours please let it be Cyril. That kid is brilliant.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:27 am
Post subject: Re: Geez it hurts to see The Monkey in Hawthorn colours!Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:

To see The Monkey out there at quarter time giving the big Hawks a rev up. What shame. :cry:

It is painful to see Monkey coaching the hawks. I have no idea what Flanagan is like.

But isn't this the modern world? Richardson assitant coach at Essendon. Croseeka (apologies to Jack Dyer) assistant coach at Hawtorn as well at one time & other clubs. Mutiple other players coaching or assitant coaching eslewhere. But is does hurt seeing the Monkhurst at Hawthorn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: