Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Congratulations Pied Piper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:21 pm
Post subject: Congratulations Pied PiperReply with quote

Your book Pig City was featured on Rockwiz tonight.

Well done. Hope you get a few more sales.

Cheers.

Quote:
Pig City
by Andrew Stafford

From cult heroes the Saints and the Go-Betweens to national icons Powderfinger and international stars Savage Garden, Brisbane has produced more than its share of great bands. But behind the music lay a ghost city of malice and corruption. Pressed under the thumb of the Bjelke-Petersen government and its toughest enforcers - the police - Brisbane's musicians, radio announcers and political activists braved ignorance, harassment and often violence to be heard. Pig City maps the shifts in musical, political and cultural consciousness that have shaped the city's history and identity, this is Brisbane's story - the story of how a city finally grew up.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it, MR Thomson wants Australia's immigration rate cut. TTYL, MR Thomson wants Australia's immigration rate cut.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks Jack, nice of you to mention it (and I wouldn't have been aware of it if you hadn't as I wasn't tuned in). It's a repeat episode, but the book has had a couple of mentions on the show.

Unfortunately there won't be too many more sales generated as there's only a very small number of copies left in print. However it will be reprinted in a new edition sometime next year (close to the time when the Difficult Second Book should finally be out).

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am

Pied Piper wrote:
Unfortunately there won't be too many more sales generated as there's only a very small number of copies left in print. However it will be reprinted in a new edition sometime next year (close to the time when the Difficult Second Book should finally be out).

DIY with blurb.com PP!.... and Pig City was a good read too!
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:07 am

I'm going to purchase this, should have done so long ago. PP is one of my favourite contributors to this site and I'd like to read it

Are you working on another book? If you wrote one thats more close to non-fiction, like tales from your taxi driving shifts, I'd be even more interested. I remember you once shared a story that was very heartwarming about a passenger you had around Christmas time.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 am

Pig City is non-fiction, Kingswood, as is the book I'm working on now (although not about cab shifts).
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Great to hear of your new work, PP. And great to see you get some press.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
Pig City is non-fiction, Kingswood, as is the book I'm working on now (although not about cab shifts).

my bad.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
Thanks Jack, nice of you to mention it (and I wouldn't have been aware of it if you hadn't as I wasn't tuned in). It's a repeat episode, but the book has had a couple of mentions on the show.

Follow-up: I found out yesterday, quite unexpectedly, that UQP have decided to reprint immediately! Originally they'd planned to hold off as stated above, but there was already a growing number of back-orders. This is the book's third print run, helped along by a couple of spin-offs, so it's been quite good to me since its first publication in 2004.

Thanks again to Jack for bringing this topic up.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

Follow-up: I found out yesterday, quite unexpectedly, that UQP have decided to reprint immediately! Originally they'd planned to hold off as stated above, but there was already a growing number of back-orders. This is the book's third print run, helped along by a couple of spin-offs, so it's been quite good to me since its first publication in 2004.

Where/when can it be purchased? In good bookshops everywhere?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Pied Piper wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

Excellent news, PP. Brought forward by a year due to popular demand no doubt!
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:06 pm

5150 wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:

Where/when can it be purchased? In good bookshops everywhere?

You'd struggle to find it in Angus & Robertson, but some other chains like Dymocks and Borders stock it pretty consistently. The indie bookshops are a good bet too - if you're in Melbourne, try Readings in Carlton, or Polyester in Fitzroy. If all else fails you can order it either from a shop or from uqp.uq.edu.au - sorry, I don't have any spare copies to sell myself. Thanks for your interest Smile

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:46 pm

It's available from Amazon.com too.

http://www.amazon.com/Pig-City-Saints-Savage-Garden/dp/0702233609/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267616679&sr=1-2

But support your local independent bookshop.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 pm

It took Monash Bookshop (Caulfield) about two weeks to get the book from UQP when I ordered it last year.
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 pm

I don't read much as I hate make believe.

But I reakon I will go out and get a copy of this. Looking forward to finding out more about the city of Brisbane and its past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: