Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Filth lose number one draft pick!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:07 pm
Post subject: Filth lose number one draft pick!Reply with quote

Medial strain for Martyn
1:19:31 PM Fri 24 January, 2003
Angus Morgan
afl.com.au

Veteran defender Mick Martyn will be sidelined for at least four-to-six weeks after straining the medial ligament in his right knee just five minutes into his first competitive hit-out with Carlton.

Martyn was given the job on Lance Whitnall during intra-club ‘simulated’ match practice at Optus Oval on Friday morning, when he took a simple tumble and immediately raised his hand for assistance.

He was carried to the interchange area, where the Carlton medicos packed his right knee in ice and diagnosed a strained medial ligament, a four-to-six week injury. Their view was later confirmed as a grade two strain by an MRI scan at Victoria House in Prahran.

“I just fell over Lance and sort of aggravated the knee. It just happened. I’m a bit unlucky,” said Martyn as he hobbled from the club rooms on crutches.

“It’s probably a bit of a setback but it’s only the first practice match. I’ll come up alright for the main season.”

Coach Denis Pagan said he was thankful that Martyn’s injury wasn't more serious.

“Mick’s strained his knee. It’s probably a four week injury. They’re pretty confident about what it is. It was such an innocuous incident to have someone roll on him like that,” Pagan said.

Pagan shrugged off the setback as one of those things, and said hiccups were inevitable during the pre-season.

“It’s one of the hazards that happen. We all hope that Mick’s okay. If it’s a four week injury, he’ll probably be running in three weeks and playing in four or five,” he said.

“He’d been running strongly and he was in terrific shape, Mick. It’s certainly disappointing, but we’ve just got to press on.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K. I know he wasn't the #1 pick, but just the same, good news stories deserve spreading around!

-Craig

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloating about injuries to opposition players is bad stuff.
I want them to be at full strength so we can kick their butts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: