Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

okay back to a good topic...lets say....COLLINGWOOD!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:25 am
Post subject: okay back to a good topic...lets say....COLLINGWOOD!!!Reply with quote

Okay just looking for opinions on who everyone thinks will be a major star for Collingwood in 2003, my picks and explinations are as follows:

Didak: Number 1 on my list, just loved the way MM has kept him back to use him as a pinch hitter, but I expect this year MM will unleash the full fury of this very talented player...look to Didak to dominate opposition all around the ground, if ever there was a perfect model for developing a player, Didak is it...

Woewodin: Nothing better than a genuine star with something to prove, I think the change af scenery will do him the world of good and he will get back the form that went missing in a negative environment off the field at Melbourne.

Cole: Like Licuria a couple of years back the only thing missing from Cole's game was delivery and if he can harness that then there is no telling what this guy is capable of.

Jason Cloke: Reakon he will become a key backline player such as a centre half back and cememt his spot as one of the brightest stars in the AFL...seems MM has found his Jocovich again, but twice as good at the same time...sheez MM must think that God is smiling on him to have this kind of player available twice.

McGough: School is over for this young kid and he now is able to concentrate on Footy full time....once again this kid has been developed perfectly by the football department. If he stays fit and plays to his ability then it won't be too long in the future where MCG and Brownlow are commonly used in the same scentence.

Other guys to watch:

Josh Fraser: apparently bulked up a bit...will be a star
Leon Davis: no telling what this kid can do, a total freak
Bo Nixon: I reakon look for him to take over Jason Clokes roll last year as a floating backman to allow cloke to become a permanant CHB.

Look forward to hearing your opinions

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)

[This message has been edited by Northern Pie (edited 04 February 2003).]
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

All quality NP...I too look forward to all players lifting to another gear.....Molloy is another we missed last year...hopefully he will create the space that Tarrant requires....

My smokey is Andrew Williams....he carved us up twice last year and I dont think he will be put under as much pressure as Woey and some of the kids.....watch this space...he will cement a spot in our side by r5....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:56 am

wow you think he is that good pies...well then i definately look forward to that......isn't it awesome to think that players like williams and woewodin have to battle to cement a spot in our team.....on and incase you don't know....It is called Depth Tony Shaw.......lol

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:02 am

Interesting concept NP, a football topic!

have to agree with you about Didak, I'm really hoping Fraser can have a good year and start to dominate the game (this would make the wife very happy).
but I reckon Rocca will be the stand out this year and will be the comp's #1 CHF.
will licca get a 3rd Copeland?

http://magpiemad.magpies.net/

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:05 am

Williams is still young....perhaps not compared to the rest of our list......but young nevertheless....He has silky skills and is a confident goal kicker....he is superfit and will run out every quater and every match....he will put alot of pressure on our smaller forwards and keep our midfielders honest....I must say the current list that we have is easily the best depth we have had at the club for a looooong time

Injuries always play a part in a footy season....but I believe the Pies can cover most positions on the ground....its always hard to replace quality like Bucks or Burns....but now we do not had duds like dimma waiting to come in.....no offence dimma

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:16 am

It will be the year of Richard Cole fair dinkum this bloke can play football..you aint seen nothing yet!!

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:27 am

I have heard many great things about Cole.....I spoke with him last year after the Port win and he seems really determined to make an impact on AFL footy....he has a good head on him and is realistic....he knows he must work hard on his skills and decision making....but knowing that is already half the battle...

I honestly believe we will have 5 all -australian (not that all-aust really matters) players next year...

Bucks, Licca, Clemo, Rocca, Tarrant

Burns might sneak in too....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:14 am

Didak, Leon, Lonie (to get even better) and it is a real pity Davidson got injured, you would have seen the making of a very good player. I have heard some good things about Shackleton too.

DISCLAIMER - If any of my posts are contrary to the views of Mike or any of the other Mods then my views and opinions are to be totally ignored.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:52 am

Good selections NP, I agree Didak is ready to burst, with serious game time I expect huge things from him this year.

I'd also add Rupe, again hopefully with more time on the ground, I think he can be one of the best goalsneaks in the comp.

Go Pies!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:54 am

yeah i have heard the same things about davidson apparently very buckley like......just exciting how things are going down the club....was not too long ago that we were looking at which dud shawry was goign to play this week......oh how times have changed.....I would also liek to see these other players like walker aqnd swan come on as well...oh and Lonie well he will be a champ.....what does everyone think of cameron clokes chances of making an impact like Jason, i hear he may need more time to develope can anybody expand on that?/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: