Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SECURITY AT COLONIAL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:34 am
Post subject: SECURITY AT COLONIALReply with quote

I was very disappointed with the security at Colonial both at Lockerroom and the game in general.

They don't seem to realise that their power tripping antics actually make the situation worse.

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on JLC....it seems these days you cannot even give abuse (no expletives) to opposition supporters without getting the full force of the law in your face!!!!

They obviously dont understand that we as Collingwood supporters need to remind the carlscum fans about that wonderful wooden spoon they now have and the terrific summer they went through.....

Whats wrong with that?

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:01 am

Totally adgree it seemed way over the top last nite.Normally you see police just stand back and generally have a bit of a laugh as the barracker's have a bit of fun.But last nite they appeared red hot on anythig.If this sort of thing continues people will be totally turned off attending Colonial games which would be a shame as alot of us appeared to fall in love with the venue last season.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:05 am

They are working on a commission basis based on evictions im guessing.....or maybe Ian Collings being president of Carlton and running Colonial wants to make sure his prescious Carlscum supporters are not offended.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:23 am

Well believe it or not i wasnt spoken to by security last night
but i did notice the systematic harrassment copped out to collingwood people and enough is enough.

When the gold jacket went on last night they straight away got on there walky talky's...come on what is this shit what the hell is going on ??

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:21 am

Yeah the reason was that security was all up at our end...lol lol Thats why no one spoke to you guys

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:40 am

The coppers certainly were no in a mood to chat about footy last night

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:45 am

Yeah im with you guys. Its absolutely appauling. Of course they need to stop serious brawls and shit but there is absolutely nothing wrong with what any of us were doing last nite. Giving the opposition shit is part of going to the footy, and part of being a Collingwood supporter, especially against Carlton. Theyre a joke, the way they carry on, showing off like theyre top shit. Pack of wankers, of u ask me. Terry, u rocked last nite dude singing the wooden spoon thingy, theres no wqay u shoulda been chucked out, and Chris, good onya for sricking up for him

BROOKE'S TECHNO LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

" Never again will I be broken, never again will someone hurt my soul again. My heart was open, never again will I fall"

***NeVeR aGaIn - MiLk InC.***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:19 pm

Even I got harassed last night. (refer to my topic in the Cheer Squad section). I got threatened with eviction just for chanting "COLLINGWOOD" into a Carlton supporter's face after he'd been abusing me. He even grabbed me at one point. I didn't actually touch him. I just shouted at him. And yet, when Plod decided to intervene it was me that got told off, not the Carlton supporter.

Work that one out.

GO HARD OR GO HOME
Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" http://alf.magpies.net
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:01 pm

The un-necessary tension that the actions of security/some police/people-in-fluro-vests-with-walkie-talkies-who-think-they -are-important, ruin what is an important part of the game.

Crowd violence and personal harm is one thing, but chanting and good old shindigging is what has made our game what it is. If one prefers to not cheer, then that is their perogative - why harass, intimidate and make an example out of those that do? As if they are breaking a law?

I feel, that a lot of the time, the involvement of unnecessary smart arse security people is what cause a lot of the problems. I know these people have a hard job and I know there are some real idiots out there, who set out to cause trouble, but 99% of the football viewing public are decent people. No matter what team they barrack for.

And another thing. It is all very well telling people to cut it out when those in power clearly know they have had too much to drink - but then why to the bars still continue to serve them alcohol? So it is ok to keep them in and take more of their $$ but to hell with them if they dare cheer? It is a joke.

Basically I don't drink or swear - but I go to the footy. I don't expect those around me not to drink or swear. I don't go to the footy to hear like minded opinions and hang around people only I deem desirable. I go to the footy because I love Collingwood and that is why we are all there. We love our teams -(why would you pay the entrance prices to drink and sit on seats that make your bum sore when you can go to a pub to drink without the uncomfy seats?)- and so why can't they just let us go on supporting our teams instead of telling us HOW to support them.

Football passion wasn't created by sitting there saying nothing - nor was it created by bashing people after a game. Each to their own on their barracking style, but don't punish those that are more vocal, simple because they are that. More vocal.

Vocal and violence are two very different things.

Jen

--
Floreat Pica
BRING BACK NED!
Paul Keating on John Howard -
"He is the greatest job and investment destroyer since the bubonic plague."
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:18 pm

Well said Jen I totally agree. U said it all.

BROOKE'S TECHNO LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

" Never again will I be broken, never again will someone hurt my soul again. My heart was open, never again will I fall"

***NeVeR aGaIn - MiLk InC.***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
THE POSSUM PIES 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:31 pm

Don't you realise people, The filth only hired coppers who follow the filth, just like the orange (A.K.A white) maggots.
Hey Joffa, we saw you on the replay via Channel 10 in Sydney, with your Gold jacket on, very cool indeed!!!
Cheers!!!

Side by side we stick together.......

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:45 am

We are talking reject Police men/women here. Could not make it at that attempt. Could not become parking officers. So hence they become involved in the security business. Any problems with them asked them for ID if it is not shown; they are not above the law and can be held financially accountable for their actions.

Speak to them as you would a young child. Be nice and polite and point out your rights and always get a name of a witness if any altercation occurs.

The reason they are security officers because they are unable to get any other type of employment.

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:29 am

So at one end of the ground we have thousands of collingwood supporters and its saturated with security guards yet on the wing where supporters of both clubs congregate you dont see any.
They speak to you like shit and they generally overeact to the point where it becomes stupid.

I can without a doubt say the collingwood supporter is victimised at the football if an argument was to break out between a collingwood supporter and any oppsosition supporter the collingwood supporter will be first spoken to.

When they come to you they generally do in a provocative manner and usually yell if i have to F----NG speak to you again your out
and if you try and put your point across they will get the cops who will just chuck you out regardless of how meaningless the original complaint was, i think you will find these security morons have never been football people as a football person who has been going to the football all his life you know instinctively when a situation may get out of control.

The greatest intimidation ever dispalyed by these people was at the MCG a couple of years ago when after the first quarter they strategically placed themselves in the aisle way and crouched down and just stared at everyone in that row of seats they were waiting for people to say what the f--K are you looking at which i reckon is a normal reaction and then they would evict you from the ground.
The way these people operated last sunday evening was disturbing
they created the problems by picking on collingwood people the thing they dont realise is if they treated people nice and showed some respect there wouldnt be any problems at all, the police have never had any problems with the winners circle but because the security people found it offensive they got the cops and apparantly when this happens the cops have to act.

I can see many problems at telstra dome if they dont get there act together and treat everyone with a little respect .The MCG security do a fantastic job and are very friendly and actually make it there business to know your name i would suggest the security at telstra dome spend a couple of games with the MCG security people.

email..joffa@magpies.net
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:45 am

MCG security are very friendly and treat you with respect something this new mob at telstra dome dont do.

email..joffa@magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: