Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where are we playing?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:43 am
Post subject: Where are we playing?Reply with quote

I've been listening out and looking around the web this morning and haven't seen any announcement yet on where the Wizard Grand Final is going to be played. If the AFL decide on Adelaide I'm going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOO p'd off! Telstra Dome is the better venue for a Grand Final - particulary if bad weather comes into play and without a doubt will get the bigger crowd. And besides TD is a hard ground that takes it's toll on the player so that would even up any benefit we've had at not travelling.

I WANT TO SEE OUR BOYS HOLDING UP THE CUP - IN MELBOURNE! Come on AFL - do the right thing for a change!

GO PIES!
Marg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found it - bring it on!

Wizard Final at Telsra Dome
9:42:32 AM Sun 9 March, 2003
Paul Gough
afl.com.au

AFL Football Operations Manager Andrew Demetriou today announced the Wizard Home Loans Cup Grand Final between Collingwood and Adelaide would be played at Telstra Dome in Melbourne at 7.45pm on Saturday March 15.

Mr Demetriou said the AFL Executive held a telephone hook-up this morning, Sunday March 9, to discuss the respective merits of playing the match in Melbourne or Adelaide.

"This was an extremely difficult decision as both clubs have earnt the right to play in the Grand Final with very strong form over the last three weeks," Mr Demetriou said.

"The AFL made its decision on what it believes will be best for the spectacle on the night, best for the game in producing the largest crowd we can and also best for the climax to the competition in having a big build-up to the game.

"Playing the game at Telstra Dome also has the advantage of ensuring that the weather can have no impact at all on the match, and can provide entry for up to 6000 AFL members, who have entry rights for this game."

Mr Demetriou said the AFL had strongly considered the fact Collingwood had not left Victoria during its three games, but felt the club should not be penalised because other results had panned out that way for its fixture.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=78063

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:09 am

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, sense at last!!!!!!!!!!!

Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:11 am

Yeeha, I'm going to a GF, might'n be the big one, it is still a GF. Now I just have to find out when the tickets go on sale.

Bec
Go Pies!!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:59 am

Thank god for that, i really wasnt looking forward to spending money to go to Adelaide, now i can spend it on bourbon

BROOKE'S TECHNO/DANCE LYRICS ENCYCLOPAEDIA

" Your love it feels so good, and that's what takes me high. Higher than I've been before, your love it keeps me alive. Thought I should let you know, when you touch me it means so much. When I'm alone at night, It's you I'm always thinking of, Oohh oh baby "

***It FeElS sO gOoD - SoNiQuE***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:03 am

Ok we now know when its gonna be played,BUT the big question is when will it be televised on TV???????
Fox at 11:30pm,Ch 10 at 11:30 Ch9 god knows....this is to Sydney.
Come on Ch10 lets see it live and get rid of them 40 year old BOND movies!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:57 am

7.30pm on tv here. Does that mean it will be live???????.

*can hear it now,why r we not playing in Adelaide? The pies r the only ones not to have to travel. Boo hoo,it is not the mighty pies fault of where they play,blame the AFL for doing the draw.*

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2 9 er's so far in the wizard cup for Molly!!!!*
*2003:The beginning of molloy's injury free footy seasons,here's to many more games played by molloy.*
*2002,2003 Joint V.C*
*1st magpie to score a 9 point goal in 2003 wizard cup game!!!!!*
Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:19 am

Sounds live molloymagic.
Game time 7:45pm AESST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: