Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

some one called the fev

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:01 am
Post subject: some one called the fevReply with quote

An unnamed Victorian club has made an enquiry about fevola. Could it be us?
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go early and say the Western Bulldogs. The need a forward badly.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

Hope so!!

Dawes / Cloke and Fev

Best forward line
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

Hope so!!

Dawes / Cloke and Fev

Best forward line
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 am

I would love it to be us but the doggies seem likely I think to pick him up now they've lost hall. Tooves and Caff are likely to leave which means we would get a first rounder in return. Salary cap pressure would be eased and the fev is willing to play for peanuts.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 am

A few Melbourne clubs have made an enquiry, apparently taking him as a mature aged rookie.

One club is believed to be St. Kilda.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Not required.

Move along.

pies417 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
I would love it to be us but the doggies seem likely I think to pick him up now they've lost hall. Tooves and Caff are likely to leave which means we would get a first rounder in return. Salary cap pressure would be eased and the fev is willing to play for peanuts.

We will not get a first rounder for Toovey or the Caff
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 pm

What's the risk for a club? Minimum wage mature age recruit for nothing who can kick a squillion goals. If he plays up you dump him as per contract, no dramas done. Not like the Lions who looked ridiculous after selling half the farm to get him and paying him huge bickies.

It's a totally different situation now and he I believe has learnt quite a bit from his previous issues and there is no risk to a club who needs him.

We will not be that club because we have a clear path and talent in the forward line, however other clubs would and should jump at him if they want to move from pretender to contender and are suitably placed.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Big T wrote:
What's the risk for a club? Minimum wage mature age recruit for nothing who can kick a squillion goals. If he plays up you dump him as per contract, no dramas done. Not like the Lions who looked ridiculous after selling half the farm to get him and paying him huge bickies.

It's a totally different situation now and he I believe has learnt quite a bit from his previous issues and there is no risk to a club who needs him.

We will not be that club because we have a clear path and talent in the forward line, however other clubs would and should jump at him if they want to move from pretender to contender and are suitably placed.

Hahaha if you believe that, you'll believe anything... Wanna buy a bridge? I've got the West Gate, the Bolte, and the Mordialloc Creek Bridge going cheap..

Seriously thats an extremely dangerous assumption to be making - one others have made to their cost again, again, again and again. You can't trust a word that comes out of Fev's mouth when he's talking about himself and his issues...

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:04 pm

pies417 wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:

We will not get a first rounder for Toovey or the Caff

No but if they both went to the one club we would.
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm

This argument has been done to death but I'm pro-Fev.

We can get him on a 1 year, minimum wage contract.

He'd have to force his way into the senior side, if he's unable to do that: so be it. If he stuffs up: he's finished with minimal fuss... We pay out his $50,000 contract and send him on his way.

There's so much more potential for good than potential for bad. We have nothing to lose and so much to gain from having a star like that.

Imagine being an opposition coach and trying to find match ups for Cloke, Dawes and Fevola as well as Krakouer, Sidebottom and whoever else is down there?
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Wasn't the Bulldogs, it was a list manager that spoke to Fev and the Bulldogs can't afford one. Laughing

(Yes, I'm serious, they don't have a list manager)
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 pm

tomoleary wrote:
This argument has been done to death but I'm pro-Fev.

We can get him on a 1 year, minimum wage contract.

He'd have to force his way into the senior side, if he's unable to do that: so be it. If he stuffs up: he's finished with minimal fuss... We pay out his $50,000 contract and send him on his way.

There's so much more potential for good than potential for bad. We have nothing to lose and so much to gain from having a star like that.

Imagine being an opposition coach and trying to find match ups for Cloke, Dawes and Fevola as well as Krakouer, Sidebottom and whoever else is down there?

Sorry, 100% disagree. There's so much more potential for bad than for good. Any benefit he could be on the field (and that jury is still out) could be totally undone by his off field influence on young players, even if he doesn't do anything dumb enough to get himself sacked.

You don't think Carlton we so keen to get rid of him just because of his Brownlow stuff up? That just gave them the excuse they'd been waiting for and gave them something to be able to justify it to the fans.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:51 pm

The more I think about, the more I believe Fevola at full forward could be a bloody big inclusion to our line-up. Dawes to be groomed into a Leroy type - let's face it, the big fella is great below his knees, can take a hit-out duty or 10 and is mobile.

I know he's a c---head, but we're talking about two years here. Fev pulling his head in (big ask, I know, but his career on the line), coming in at next to nothing cost-wise and grab him with our last pick has merit. Fit and firing he adds 70-80 goals per season with Pendles, Swan, Didak, Daisy, Davis et all slamming it into his chest.

Low cost, a two year project and he could be incredibly dangerous in our jumper. Again, I know he's a knob, I know it's a risk. But it just could work for us given the window is well and truly open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: