Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

CFC website

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:12 pm
Post subject: CFC websiteReply with quote

I have wanted to give the guys at the Club a huge rap for the coverage and quality of the website for a while, but have been a bit scared of opening pandora's box.

I know opinions will vary widely and people will be critical of aspects of the website. Please bear in mind that much of the sites layout and even some of the content is controlled by Telstra and the AFL.

What our guys are doing with the platform they are given is fantastic and deserves a huge pat on the back. The guys are working very hard in the background on keeping things fresh and current.

It would be usueful if anyone has any complaints that you make a suggestion for how things can be done better.

All in all, great job guys.

partypie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting when the NAB Cup games were on I tried to get on the CFC website to check some of the new players names via my non Telstra iphone (the commentators had not a clue), I was redirected to the AFL/ Telstra website giving me a message that I was not a recognised Telstra customer. Pretty unimpressed at the greed and pettiness of the AFL and Telstra.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Are You Involved with the site now Mate?

I would love to see Full VFL games up on Youtube like the NTAFL does

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:38 am

Steve wrote:
Good call Shane, there used to be a large void that we on Nick's website tried in part to fill, as did many other fansites, the CFC site has virtually made that unnecessary now, thankfully.
They're doing a fantastic job.

It was in part the fantastic work (voluteer mind you) of guys like yourself Steve that forced the AFL and Clubs to lift their game.

It would be great if we complete control, but we would sacrifice around $300K in royalties from Telstra. The problem is that new the AFL are starting up their own news service and looking to pull traffic away from the club websites it may not be worthwhile to stick with Telstra for much longer.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am

^ I thought it was to put more stuff on the clubs website and the AFL website, instead of the likes of the Sun and Age?

Staying with Telstra will still be worth while, you can still browse to the desktop pies website. Plus the footy streamed is brilliant.

Edit: Download a web browser called 'Atomic'. It was $0.99 on the App Store and it gives you an option so when you browse to a website it can trick the website into thinking you're browsing from a desktop browser. That way the mobile websites don't load.

It's actually a really good browser! I like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: