Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's going to win
Bayern Munich
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Chelsea
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:24 pm
Post subject: Bayern Munich v ChelseaReply with quote

The European Champions League Final is on tonight. The match starts at 4.45am on a Sunday morning in Melbourne.

The match is being played in Munich which is a coincidence as UEFA always decides which city will have the final at the start of each season. It was by sheer luck that Bayern made the final this season the year that Munich is hosting the final.

As a Chelsea fan I think it's going to be a great contest. I just hope the result is fair in the end and the game isn't decided by poor refereeing. Whilst Drogba and Torres haven't played great this season, the Bayern defenders must be aware of the threat that they pose as their reputation precedes them. We have to be aware of Arjen Robben who I rate as one of the very best in the world. I think it's a bit unfair even if we win that Tottenham misses out. It should be all 5 EPL teams have a chance to play in the UCL like it was in 2005 when Liverpool won it and came 5th in the domestic league.

Chelsea has never won this competition and only made the final once in 2008 in which they lost to Man Utd on penalties. Bayern Munich have made the final eight times for four victories. They're last win came in 2001 against Valencia.

Bayern are definitely favourites at home and many will predict them to win, but as a Chelsea fan I can only live in hope we can pull off the greatest victory of our club's history tonight.

Chelsea to win on penalties is my prediction.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Things don't always work out the way you want.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:25 am

Not often I cheer for the Germans, but I'll make an exception tonite.
Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:38 am

Go Bayern!!!!!!!!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:12 pm

What a morning it has been. I ended up watching the match at the Portland Hotel on Russell St with fellow Chelsea supporters. Very Happy

Congratulations to a team which wears its heart on a sleeve. I salute the team, the manager and everyone else who worked so hard to achieve unbelievable results. Also to the loyal fans who never gave up on their team despite the difficulties.

It was clear the team believed in themselves and never ever gave up on this final and not to mention the whole campaign.

A fairy tale ending to the season where we were underdogs throughout.

This will be one to remember for ages. Thank you Drogba, you made the dream come true.

Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Nothing to do with Abramovich then, without his dirty cash, Chelsea wouldn't even exist. Anyone else other than the 2 charity teams i would be happy for, and even support for the night. Chelsea and City, they are just small clubs with a rich owners using them as a toy. Rent boy teams.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Man Utd Pie wrote:
Nothing to do with Abramovich then, without his dirty cash, Chelsea wouldn't even exist. Anyone else other than the 2 charity teams i would be happy for, and even support for the night. Chelsea and City, they are just small clubs with a rich owners using them as a toy. Rent boy teams.

You reckon we wouldn't exist?

Despite what everyone thinks, we were quite successful before Ambramovich arrived. We made the Champions league at the 2002-2003 season and we did win the FA Cup in 1997 and 2000 and we did win the UEFA Cup as well and beat Real Madrid in the Euro Super Cup soon after.

Many are bandwagoners admittedly but I've been following this team since 1998.

Also, you call us a charity team yet your team is successful because of money and spending and Man U have the biggest bunch of bandwagoners as well.

Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Man Utd Pie wrote:

^ Never heard so much rubbish in my life. United winging about money ... aren't they owned by some rich Yankee family with an open cheque book.

Great win by your mob Jezza. Beating a German team in a final on their turf is a magnificent achievement. You'll need to hold that form if you want a point at St Marys next season tho Laughing

Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 am

Get your facts right boys, all Utds money is earned buy our huge global fan base, ticket sales 75,000 of them a week, and we own our own ground, unlike Chelsea and City, and our owners take money out of the club, they don't put in. City and Chelsea loose millions each year, enough to run 50 afl sides or more, and it doesn't matter to them, Lampard and Tevez earn 400,000 dollars a week, it doesn't matter. Utd can't do that. If the money men pulled out of these 2 small clubs, they would fold in weeks, coz most of the greedy bastards that play for them don't give a damn about the club, they are there for the big bucks. If Travis Cloke buggers off for the big money on offer, maybe you will understand.
Magpie Jack 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Man Utd Pie wrote:
Get your facts right boys, all Utds money is earned buy our huge global fan base, ticket sales 75,000 of them a week, and we own our own ground, unlike Chelsea and City, and our owners take money out of the club, they don't put in. City and Chelsea loose millions each year, enough to run 50 afl sides or more, and it doesn't matter to them, Lampard and Tevez earn 400,000 dollars a week, it doesn't matter. Utd can't do that. If the money men pulled out of these 2 small clubs, they would fold in weeks, coz most of the greedy bastards that play for them don't give a damn about the club, they are there for the big bucks. If Travis Cloke buggers off for the big money on offer, maybe you will understand.

Turn it up mate. You blokes have been pinching everyone else's players for years. Wayne Rooney didn’t move from Everton to Manchester for the weather, he went there because United had more money to pay him. Money talks in English soccer, nothing new about that.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:20 pm

To ManutdPie, please do your research. Chelsea been around longer than 2003! We had success (good success) in mid 90's through to 2003 (cup wins and challenged very close for the title in 1999). We were a great side in late 60's early 70's. And obviously our 1st title in 1955. Chelsea has had an amazing history since 1905 and it shall continue.

Thanks MagpieJack, I'm absolutely wrapped with the victory on the weekend. Admittedly, Bayern were the better side throughout the match but if you don't score goals at the end of the day, you'll struggle to win most of the time. Yes we will have to improve to have any chance at St.Mary's against the Saints. Razz

Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:03 am

OK guys, i am not going to take this any further, i just can't stand the people who bag Man Utd, especially the ones who havent even seen there own teams play live.(not saying you haven't of course) Man Utd are the Collingwood of the EPL, they/you hate us coz you ain't us, thats all.
By the way magpie jack, i was at the FA Cup final in 76 as a 14 year old, i had to travel by helicopter, train and taxi to get there with my Dad, what a sickner, but still enjoyed the day out. Did they show that in Oz?.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Man Utd Pie wrote:
OK guys, i am not going to take this any further, i just can't stand the people who bag Man Utd, especially the ones who havent even seen there own teams play live.(not saying you haven't of course) Man Utd are the Collingwood of the EPL, they/you hate us coz you ain't us, thats all.
By the way magpie jack, i was at the FA Cup final in 76 as a 14 year old, i had to travel by helicopter, train and taxi to get there with my Dad, what a sickner, but still enjoyed the day out. Did they show that in Oz?.

Oh don't worry mate, I'm not bagging you personally. Like yourself, I just find it annoying that Chelsea gets rubbished and bagged because of the money they have now.

I've been to only one match in my life when we played Wolves around 2004. It was the day Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank kicked a hat-trick and his 100th goal for Chelsea. It was a glorious day for the club as we ended up winning 5-2.

Whilst I've been barracking for the club since about 1998-1999, other parts of my family started following them from 1970 after they beat Leeds in the famous 1970 FA Cup Final. They in particular loved the legendary Peter Osgood.

Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 am

Jezza stop making me feel old, i remember watching that FA Cup final, probably the only time ive supported Chelsea, and what an amazing stadium you won it in. The Leeds fans trashed O T that night.
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum
We all hate Leeds scum. This song sang to the tune of "you are my sunshine" is sang at every Man Utd game, home and away and all over Europe. Long may Leeds rot in the lower leagues.
Potentially a bigger club than Chelsea though mate. Twisted Evil
Man Utd Pie 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:31 am

By the way Ozzie was a great player, and a great guy.
I dont think he got the england caps he deserved, maybe coz of his sideburns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: