Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To Joffa

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikki 

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2000 7:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, what was the idea of having a collingwood supporter on the sun when it was an article about carlton???

ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 1:10 pm

Alf,

Good to see that your complaint got in the paper today... Your comments were valid and justified.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 4:31 pm

crikeys! joffa even got a spot on the footy show! i thought you handled yourself pretty well mate, good on ya. i reckon this should increase the popularity of the unofficial cheer squad. i'm considering joining you guys this weekend.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 6:43 pm

Well as for the full forward idea it may not be such a bad idea at all, Rocca needs a mentor, someone who will have patience and give him confidence and can relate to being a forward. Malthouse has never been known for his forward strategies in the past so if he does have coaching weaknesses that surely is one of them. As for Alf Andrews comments
what were they? Being from Perth I naturally didn't get to see them so if someone could post them here so I could read them.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2000 7:14 pm

Hi Newelly

My comments in the Herald Sun were in response to a story on Tuesday by Mike Sheahan under the headline "Give Pests the Flick". Sheahan's story was a general whinge about people who actually barrack at the football. He felt that paying your admission price does not entitle you to bag the opposition players and supporters.

My reply was edited to buggery but this is what got past the censors:

"The pest I would most like to see given the flick is Mike Sheahan. He complains that footy yobbos pay precious little for the right to launch personal attacks, while he himself pays nothing to spout his own dislike of Collingwood"

I didn't keep a copy of the full text of my message but if you have a look at my initial posting under "Boot the Boofhead" you'll get the general gist of what I was on about. "Boot the Boofhead" was the back page headline in the Herald Sun that day. It was about Carlton's decision to start banning unruly fans after the bottle-throwing incident last week. As you've probably gathered they put a picture of Joffa getting arrested at the Collingwood-Richmond match on the same page. This, of course, had absolutely nothing to do with Carlton or the bottle-throwing incident. But, of course, the Herald Sun never lets the facts get in the way of a good story.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 1:17 am

Seems everyone has been here before me, so I'll just say GOOD ON YA JOFFA!

And thanks to the Footy Show for allowing you on - don't think that would happen on the Game, so thanks to El Presidente as well.

Had a great time at work explaining who a few of the Hun letters were from, especially the rest of the contents of the severely edited Alf comments.

Now if only our team could show this much passion...
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 3:36 am

I went out last night (it was Deano's fault) and I missed the Footy show. I can not believe I missed you Joffa. Argh, drat!

Broadie, I too have been going around explaining the Joffa side of the story and saying that I know him from Nick's Collingwood Page. Sorry for riding on your laurels Joffa.

Where is the unofficial squad sitting for the Geelong game? I'll see ya at the game!
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2000 2:54 pm

Joffa,

You Legend !

------------------
Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: