Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MCC Ushers Instructions

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
The Knobs in Yellow down the Ponsford Stand Always comes down the Aisle when we kick a goal/

WTF?

That's so true Dave. I've always wondered why they do that. It's pointless and almost idiotic to do so if nothing is going on. Mad

Does it make them Look Big or Something?

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 pm
Post subject: MCCReply with quote

Well if you are in the MCC then I have no sympathy. Toorak types driving Range Rovers. Pies fans are traditionally working class and they hate us. Really you should surrender your membership there and come back to the Ponsford Stand.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:59 pm
Post subject: Re: MCCReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Well if you are in the MCC then I have no sympathy. Toorak types driving Range Rovers. Pies fans are traditionally working class and they hate us. Really you should surrender your membership there and come back to the Ponsford Stand.

I've sat in the MCC heaps of times in previous years, it's the best!

think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Well some COLL supporters are feral, what do you expect?

but you dont go anymore....

That may be so (this year) but I have been to many games since becoming a member in the early 80s right up to last year.
I have never, ever had a problem, both here in VIC & interstate.

That may be because I minded my own business, I listened to my radio & never got involved in what other people did or didn't do around me, plus I never drank at the footy either.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:35 pm

I stood up in M30 for the first half and M32 in the second half.

The difference was there was 2 yellow coats standing watching M32.

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Lower level Ponny Stand at every game the Yellow Coat Meerkats are watching.

If you watch they actually aren't watching anything at all , except they are themselves more often than not blocking the patrons access to the stairwells and asiles.

Then after every goal they march down the asiles in two's with one stoping halfway down and the other continuing down to the fence , looks over the fence looks left looks right , turns around meets up with his mate halfway up the asile , I think that it is some sort of mating ritual.

Only seems to involve the Male Yellow Coat Meerkats , very rarely any Female Yellow Coat Meerkats , go figure ?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am

Lone Ranger wrote:
Imagine the shoe is on the other foot. You are in Perth and completely outnumbered by Eagles supporters. An official reassures you that he will keep an eye on the Eagles supporters. I would thank him.
Whats the problem?

i agree. they are probably instructed to say it loud enough so that you can hear it too.

Unless there is actually an instance of someone being thrown out or personally persecuted unfairly (I'm sure there are examples of this), i say let's move on.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:54 am
Post subject: Re: MCCReply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
Hiss wrote:

I've sat in the MCC heaps of times in previous years, it's the best!

think positive wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
Well some COLL supporters are feral, what do you expect?

but you dont go anymore....

That may be so (this year) but I have been to many games since becoming a member in the early 80s right up to last year.
I have never, ever had a problem, both here in VIC & interstate.

That may be because I minded my own business, I listened to my radio & never got involved in what other people did or didn't do around me, plus I never drank at the footy either.

you sound boring.

In 2003, my brother in law from brisbane got me and my dad two tickets right in the middle of 5,000 brissy fans. First thing my dad shouts as we take our seats.

We are going to show you what a real football team is today. Brisbane are a bunch of pretenders!!!!!

there may have been some expletives thrown in there for good measure.

That day didnt go so well for us.

Two_Pies Capricorn

Dougie Barwick tough as nails !!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:30 pm

SAT NIGHT MCG M55(WCE)/56(CFC)

First Qtr

Multiple goals kicked by the AWAY team involved much targeted abuse and derision directed from a bay (containing mainly adult AWAY supporters) towards a vocal but diverse bay of HOME fans. The HOME group being a HOME group are made up of young families, 20 & 30 & 40 something groups of guys and every other combo. A sprinkling of shall we say "Vocal" supporters behaving as normal and directing their angst at the umpires.

The AWAY group instead will mark every success in their team's play by turning to their right and displaying an apparent lack of fingers - generally ones and twos accompanied by certain vocal directions to the HOME team describing and comparing them to various matter that is normally dealt with by sewerage systems. Additional instructions were also centred around origins of birth and the like.

2nd/3rd Qtrs

The AWAY team supporters continued to display concern for the occupants of the adjoining bay at all opportunities of goals and umpiring decisions. One in particular who happened to be female, had become quite distraught and was continually looking at the HOME bay.

As the game ebbed and flowed unfortunately so did the behaviour described above. Due to liquor licencing laws and the derided mid-strength beer sales; a particular high-alcohol beverage was consumed as preference, by many in the AWAY bay.

4th Qtr

The game continued to be a closely fought contest and may in the AWAY bay became increasingly frustrated that their efforts were for nought.

Late 4th Qtr

A heavily tattooed player for the HOME side dropped a mark deep in his attacking pocket. He recovered that ball and in a motion, kicked that ball between the two largest goal posts.

This action stirred the afore-mentioned AWAY supporter to an action that is becoming much rarer this side of the Nullabor. She took it upon herself to share the high-alcohol beverage she was consuming, minus the cup with the group immediately in front of my position. This was accompanied with many expletives and she ran up the stairs.

A wet HOME supporter ran after her to thank her for sharing her beverage but was unable to catch her. Arriving back to see the remainder of the game, one of her cohorts decided that a hug was in order for this supporter to keep him warm.

It was at this point some kind gentlemen in yellow coats decided that the HOME supporter needed more hugs and more yellow coated gentlemen came to offer their warmth. This continued for a time ...

A very load siren screamed and the yellow-coated gentlemen helped all the AWAY team supporters to find the exit and forgot all about the HOME team chap who was busy singing.

WET but Happy ...

GO PIES

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Two_Pies wrote:

First Qtr

Multiple goals kicked by the AWAY team involved much targeted abuse and derision directed from a bay (containing mainly adult AWAY supporters) towards a vocal but diverse bay of HOME fans. The HOME group being a HOME group are made up of young families, 20 & 30 & 40 something groups of guys and every other combo. A sprinkling of shall we say "Vocal" supporters behaving as normal and directing their angst at the umpires.

The AWAY group instead will mark every success in their team's play by turning to their right and displaying an apparent lack of fingers - generally ones and twos accompanied by certain vocal directions to the HOME team describing and comparing them to various matter that is normally dealt with by sewerage systems. Additional instructions were also centred around origins of birth and the like.

2nd/3rd Qtrs

The AWAY team supporters continued to display concern for the occupants of the adjoining bay at all opportunities of goals and umpiring decisions. One in particular who happened to be female, had become quite distraught and was continually looking at the HOME bay.

As the game ebbed and flowed unfortunately so did the behaviour described above. Due to liquor licencing laws and the derided mid-strength beer sales; a particular high-alcohol beverage was consumed as preference, by many in the AWAY bay.

4th Qtr

The game continued to be a closely fought contest and may in the AWAY bay became increasingly frustrated that their efforts were for nought.

Late 4th Qtr

A heavily tattooed player for the HOME side dropped a mark deep in his attacking pocket. He recovered that ball and in a motion, kicked that ball between the two largest goal posts.

This action stirred the afore-mentioned AWAY supporter to an action that is becoming much rarer this side of the Nullabor. She took it upon herself to share the high-alcohol beverage she was consuming, minus the cup with the group immediately in front of my position. This was accompanied with many expletives and she ran up the stairs.

A wet HOME supporter ran after her to thank her for sharing her beverage but was unable to catch her. Arriving back to see the remainder of the game, one of her cohorts decided that a hug was in order for this supporter to keep him warm.

It was at this point some kind gentlemen in yellow coats decided that the HOME supporter needed more hugs and more yellow coated gentlemen came to offer their warmth. This continued for a time ...

A very load siren screamed and the yellow-coated gentlemen helped all the AWAY team supporters to find the exit and forgot all about the HOME team chap who was busy singing.

WET but Happy ...

GO PIES
Laughing nice wrap two pies!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Two_Pies wrote:

First Qtr

2nd/3rd Qtrs

4th Qtr

Late 4th Qtr

WET but Happy ...

A classic summation. Thnaks for that!

GO PIES

A classic summation. Thanks for that.

Two_Pies Capricorn

Dougie Barwick tough as nails !!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Smile

as it happened not a word of a lie ...

GO PIIIIIIEEEEEEEES !!!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:26 pm

^Brilliant summation Two_Pies. I love it Twisted Evil
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:

We must have been rubbing shoulders stui as I was also standing in M32

The yellow coats had told a number of people around me to "tone" it down! Must have been because of the old grannies sitting just inside the fence in the last row.

BARRACK HARD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: