Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks answers his critics with direct action !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:07 am
Post subject: Bucks answers his critics with direct action !Reply with quote

Once and for all, Bucks has answered his critics in the best way possible. By making FIVE changes, only one really forced, he has shown he can be ruthless, is a disciplinarian, and wont tolerate poor efforts by certain players on Anzac day. He has shown the negative poster brigade on here, he can be just as tough-perhaps more so-than his predecessor, and will act harshly in the interests of the team. Wanker newbies on here-Dapper cloke front and centre-who said he lacks ticker and the ability to make the hard decisions, must now eat their words bigtime. Bucks has shown the Pies players his discipline side, and they will be all the better for it now, the dropped players, they know heis no easy touch.

WE WILL WIN and win well tonight, and the negative brigade can go back iinto their miserable little holes. GO PIES !!! Mad Mad Very Happy Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Plz! People at the local school for the blind could see Russell and Sinclair would be on the outer. Fassolo was soft and needs some time to get the pace. Nothing Bucks has done this week is anything other than obvious which everyone here could see. If anything they should have made more changes. Anyway, we are not defined by beating St Kilda. We are defined by beating the top notch teams like Hawthorn, Geelong and the Swans. And of course winning premierships.

Go My Pies.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:27 am

Boy DTC you've had a lot to say since joining the forum a couple of weeks ago. Piesnchess' comments are absolutely spot on. His point is this.... it was obvious weeks ago that Sinclair wasn't doing his job - yet nothing was done. Fas to be fair has only been back for a couple of weeks but action has been taken swiftly.

If you read the majority of posts after the loss to the Hawks and Bombers I think you'll find there is an overriding sentiment that our match committee can't see the bleeding obvious.

This week it seems that finally, the match committee and us pleb fans are on the same page.

Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:34 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke wrote:
Plz! People at the local school for the blind could see Russell and Sinclair would be on the outer. Fassolo was soft and needs some time to get the pace. Nothing Bucks has done this week is anything other than obvious which everyone here could see. If anything they should have made more changes. Anyway, we are not defined by beating St Kilda. We are defined by beating the top notch teams like Hawthorn, Geelong and the Swans. And of course winning premierships.

Go My Pies.

Boy DTC you've had a lot to say since joining the forum a couple of weeks ago. Piesnchess' comments are absolutely spot on. His point is this.... it was obvious weeks ago that Sinclair wasn't doing his job - yet nothing was done. Fas to be fair has only been back for a couple of weeks but action has been taken swiftly.

If you read the majority of posts after the loss to the Hawks and Bombers I think you'll find there is an overriding sentiment that our match committee can't see the bleeding obvious.

This week it seems that finally, the match committee and us pleb fans are on the same page.

Mate, that has been my point!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:18 am

I disagree with the premise of this thread. Buckley didn't make these changes in order to "answer his critics"; he made them based on form and suitability (and, in a couple of cases, out of necessity). I doubt Nathan and the rest of the selection committee pay much heed to what's said on here or in the pages of the Herald Scum.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:32 am
Post subject: Re: Bucks answers his critics with direct action !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Once and for all, Bucks has answered his critics in the best way possible. By making FIVE changes, only one really forced, he has shown he can be ruthless, is a disciplinarian, and wont tolerate poor efforts by certain players on Anzac day. He has shown the negative poster brigade on here, he can be just as tough-perhaps more so-than his predecessor, and will act harshly in the interests of the team. Wanker newbies on here-Dapper cloke front and centre-who said he lacks ticker and the ability to make the hard decisions, must now eat their words bigtime. Bucks has shown the Pies players his discipline side, and they will be all the better for it now, the dropped players, they know heis no easy touch.

WE WILL WIN and win well tonight, and the negative brigade can go back iinto their miserable little holes. GO PIES !!! Mad Mad Very Happy Very Happy

Couldn’t have said it better myself Piesnchess. I'm certain that we will win but I have this gut feeling that it is not going to be through the huge margin most here expect it to be by. But then again I have been out voted by my wife and son who predict a Collingwood win by 50 and 58 pts respectively so WTF would I know!!! Laughing

As long as we win, I’ll be happy but as you well know, even if we win by 10 – 15 goals tonight, the perpetual bloody "perceptive fellow" and the usual negative Nellies will no doubt do their best work again….they just cant help themselves…..!!

As Jackass said in another thread regarding the abusive ferals, it's more broadly a problem with society, and its hard for Nick’s to change that or be expected to be exclusive of it. Sadly, the "perceptive fellow" and negative Nellies will do as the "perceptive fellow" and negative Nellies do……. Rolling Eyes
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

........That is be realistic. Mate, we were ahead of the game. We tend to know more about the direction of the Collingwood football Club than you blokes do - and it kills you!
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 pm

........That is be realistic. Mate, we were ahead of the game. We tend to know more about the direction of the Collingwood football Club than you blokes do - and it kills you!

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I sleep perfectly well at night regardless of how far 'ahead of the game' you and the other negative posters/trolls believe you are.

On to the subject at hand though, the changes are all positive and really needed to be made, I especially like the three tall set-up, as I think Bucks is addressing a deficiency that has been quite evident in the first few weeks. Funnily enough I was promoting that idea to my Dad the other day while discussing the Mighty Pies (having Jolly, Lynch and Witts), I guess that makes me 'ahead of the game' Rolling Eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:06 pm

King Malta wrote:

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I sleep perfectly well at night regardless of how far 'ahead of the game' you and the other negative posters/trolls believe you are.

On to the subject at hand though, the changes are all positive and really needed to be made, I especially like the three tall set-up, as I think Bucks is addressing a deficiency that has been quite evident in the first few weeks. Funnily enough I was promoting that idea to my Dad the other day while discussing the Mighty Pies (having Jolly, Lynch and Witts), I guess that makes me 'ahead of the game' Rolling Eyes

you don't want to be too far ahead of the game. you might be accused of cheating.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:16 pm

David wrote:
I disagree with the premise of this thread. Buckley didn't make these changes in order to "answer his critics"; he made them based on form and suitability (and, in a couple of cases, out of necessity). I doubt Nathan and the rest of the selection committee pay much heed to what's said on here or in the pages of the Herald Scum.

honey, I don't think he meant it literally!! Wink

King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm

John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:

you don't want to be too far ahead of the game. you might be accused of cheating.

No stress mate, I'll still get to keep my Brownlow.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:54 pm
Post subject: Re: Bucks answers his critics with direct action !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Once and for all, Bucks has answered his critics

Not sure what you mean by he "answered his critics".....

I don't think he reacted to media and "supporters" hog-wash

Bux did what he had to do

Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:03 pm

The thing is Buxs is yet to do anything. He has yet to modify the game plan, he is yet to change the clearances, he is yet to organise the kick ins…

He is letting the players make the changes on the field.

When your fill in capitan complains that other's aren't doing their job, that sir is a problem that the head coach needs to address.

Personally AND on an individual basis with everyone involved.

I really honestly and fully want Nathan Buckley to take charge.

Because for the first year and 5 games he hasn't yet.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:09 pm

David wrote:

Agree - As HAL might say correlation does not mean causation.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:10 pm

No really, it's true.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: