Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Didak will Struggle to get back into AFL side

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Post subject: Didak will Struggle to get back into AFL sideReply with quote

Just think at his age and his lack of output in VFL that he will Struggle to get back into the AFL side.

[/u][/i]

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought he was tracking pretty well in the VFL. I do think though the pace of the game and whether he can keep his feet in a contest will be an issue.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 pm

agree. this has been my take on it for some time. would be thrilled to be proven wrong.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Rick wrote:
i thought he was tracking pretty well in the VFL. I do think though the pace of the game and whether he can keep his feet in a contest will be an issue.
Whatever gave you that idea?
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:36 pm

dids will struggle to get a game this year. wouldnt surprise me if this year will be his last

having said that he could be a chance to play against the dockers
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Didak will Struggle to get back into AFL sideReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Just think at his age and his lack of output in VFL that he will Struggle to get back into the AFL side.

[/u][/i]

Hasn't he been in the best nearly every week in the vfl racking up the possessions ?

Would have never gone to freo on the big ground first up.
He will play this year and we will need him. It's a long year.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Fire Up wrote:
dids will struggle to get a game this year. wouldnt surprise me if this year will be his last

having said that he could be a chance to play against the dockers

Not named in the 25 so no chance.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:08 pm

John Wren wrote:
agree. this has been my take on it for some time. would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

+1 on both counts

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Yeah have to agree. Would have thought he might have come in this week for maybe Dwyer. Must not be in Bucks plans.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Think at the very least he'll get a game against the suns & gws. Hopefully he'll surprise us all and hold his place.
On the March 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Patience grasshoppers:

"If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past. "

Didak will be back...count on it.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:00 pm

If Didak gets a game we would have to be struggling so lets hope he doesnt
Scribe 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Eddiesmith:
Quote:
If Didak gets a game we would have to be struggling so lets hope he doesnt

I'm sure you're a very reasonable person in real life with lots of intelligent and well-thought out opinions.

If I were to meet you, I'm sure I'd be civil.

But, because we're on an internet forum and I have no chance of ever really meeting you face to face, let me just say this.

You sir, are a dead-set moron.

I'm not adverse to handing out criticism of players when it's warranted. Last year I said I would never attend another game Chris Dawes plays for the club.

But, for you to sit back on your chair and smugly put down one of this club's best players of the last decade is embarrassing for not only you, but all of us.

Is your memory so short? Do you realise who you are talking about or have you only started watching footy in the last year or two?

How can you look at yourself in the mirror, assuming you own one?

Most importantly, where will you go and hide if and when he comes back and plays well?

I'm tipping it will be the same place all the other drop-kicks disappeared to after we won the 2010 flag.

Let's hope Didak doesn't play... are you serious? Do you know anything about football at all? Have you watched the guy play?

Please, please, I'm begging you to retort that "he has lost leg speed"... that will just confirm all of my thoughts on you and everyone else who thinks we are better off without him.

People, if Didak can't get his body right, then fair enough. But, if he is fit, he is a big factor to our ability to flag this year.

It truly, deeply saddens me that morons out there are hoping he doesn't play.

Disgrace.
Scribe 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:44 pm

me:
Quote:
Every time someone writes off Didak on this board because “he’s lost a yard of pace” I laugh.

Pace had absolutely nothing to do with what made Didak great.

People have very, very short memories. Didak has ALWAYS been slow, but his strength has been his lethal left foot, his football IQ, his ability to read the play and do the freakish things.

Who is this Didak everyone is talking about that use to run away from opponents with his blistering leg speed? Please, give me a spell.

Leg speed is the most disgustingly overrated thing in the game. It really, truly means SFA, but is harped on by commentators and fans that know nothing about how football movement really works.

If Didak is fit, trust me, it won’t matter how fast he can run. Does Pendles strike you as a sprint king? Jobe Watson couldn’t run out of sight on a dark night.

The importance of leg speed is all in your head. It may affect one small contest in an entire game of football. I’ll take the guy who knows what to do when he has the football over the guy who can run the 100m in 11 seconds every day of the week.

Collingwood have had many, many players that were as quick as lightning, but gave us nothing else. But still, people here are obsessed with it. It’s all anyone has to say when talking about Didak, one of the very best players this club has had in the last 10 years.

After continual setbacks, Butters, Bucks and Dids have gone through a specific plan to get the guy back and primed for the pointy end of the season. That plan has revolved around a very slow and methodical build-up. I fear that if he breaks down again, he may throw the towel in – it’s been a very long 24 months for the guy.

Buckley commented last week that Didak was getting his running power back and his touch was returning. After a 5-week block of football (more than he has played in some time) it is wise to rest the bloke for a week, instead of sending him up to the hard Freo surface to re-injure himself.

I honestly believe one of the keys to flagging this year rests with getting Dids healthy. It’s forgotten how important he was in 2010 when at the peak of his powers.

Didak will be back very soon and if he can get through games, a lot of people in here will have some humble bloody pie to eat.
Mr Dapper Travis Cloke 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Freo, Geelong, Swans.

If we lose 2 out of those three game; Didak surely will find himself in.

If not, just another bad coaching and selection issue.

Last edited by Mr Dapper Travis Cloke on Fri May 10, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: