Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Words of wisdom

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prawnstar Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:59 pm
Post subject: Words of wisdomReply with quote

So Mick Malthouse is weak, Eddie McGuire strong and Nathan Buckley intelligent?

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bravo
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Not to nitpick, but can "revenge" really be used that way? Confused

Either way, the anti-MM brigade on here would do well to recognise this. I'm enjoying Carlton's current form as much as anyone, but I still have a soft spot for Mick (and Dale Thomas). Both gave the club great service and played huge roles in our most recent premiership success. Remember, forgiveness is a sign of strength and desire for revenge (if more than just healthy competitive banter) is a sign of weakness.

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Yes David, revenge can be used as a verb in this way. I always think the word avenge is more suitable, but technically, you can revenge. Meanwhile that other Collingwood man who crossed to Carlton for riches and premierships, this morning looks in all sorts of bother. Carlton CEO, Greg Swann is on very shaky ground apparently with the Carlton back-room underbelly crew sharpening their knives. Oh wait, I'm commenting on another club here and the Nick's Police will probably bury this thread down into the bowels of the website where nobody ever goes. Very Happy
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:07 pm

David wrote:
Not to nitpick, but can "revenge" really be used that way? Confused

Either way, the anti-MM brigade on here would do well to recognise this. I'm enjoying Carlton's current form as much as anyone, but I still have a soft spot for Mick (and Dale Thomas). Both gave the club great service and played huge roles in our most recent premiership success. Remember, forgiveness is a sign of strength and desire for revenge (if more than just healthy competitive banter) is a sign of weakness.

Yep, good enough for Shakespeare ("Revenge his foul and most unnatural murder" Hamlet I,ii), good enough for me.

On MM, i can see no reason to bag him greatly. We replaced him as head coach, he did not leave the club on his own initiative for more money. As a premiership coach (one of two in my lifetime), he's a legend in my eyes and always will be. He made a mistake wanting to coach that cheating, conniving putrefying club, but he was essentially cut free by us to do so.

Daisy passes the legend test as a premiership player, but he chose to leave Collingwood for his own gain (as well as some personal affinities, presumably). No ill-will personally, but I hope he never plays another good game - and on current form, that may be the case. The funny thing about Daisy is that he never became the match-winner that he promised to be. A player with many flashes of brilliance, no doubt ; but I never saw him be the difference that Swan, Pendlebury or Cloke can be, and at $700k, that is what should be expected. Carlton are welcome to their bargain.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:29 pm

I'm no grammer nazti but only one of those sentences any make sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: