Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Feelings about Faz!?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 pm
Post subject: Feelings about Faz!?Reply with quote

This guys a mystery for me. I reckon he has the goods, but wether or not we are gunna ever see or he gets to utilise his undoubted talents still remain to be seen. ultimately the ball is in his court. I would hate him to be a forgotten man after what I think was a great debut. When he first came on the scene, lots of people were heralding the second comin of Daics..we salivated. Started doing a bit of media, and to me seemed to be a bit full of himself (just my opinion). Another thread here asked for who was on thin ice, and I (only one I think) put forward his name. Reasons being, we are getting a lot of up and comers, around his size that may add a bit more pressure on him holding a spot (that's healthy though). Im not down on the guy , and I desperately hope he can show a bit of x factor for us, he has great skills, great kick and disposal, just needs more consistency and maybe a tad more desperation and aggression at the loose ball.

Just interested in other peoples opinion of him and where you think he is at, playing out of position, etc?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one of those players who have a lot to offer, but some serious defects. His lack of pace and apparent inability to supply serious forward pressure are key problems. He might just be good enough to overcome them, but my gut feel is that despite many great strengths, Fas will struggle to be more than depth in this strong side. He'd be a good pickup for a weak side - Melbourne, say - but needs to demonstrate that he cas overcome those weaknesses in his game before his career in black and white is assured.

Mind you, he has been battling with those foot injuries for quite a while, and a subtle injury can make any player look slow and uninterested, so let's see how he goes when fully fit before we write him off as a list filler.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:14 pm

You've covered it pretty well there skaman. Now that he's injury free, hopefully he can get back to his earlier form and take off from there and begin to live up to his obvious potential. I like the fact that he's got a bit of arrogance about himself. Here's hoping.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Seriously talented footballer with silky skills, just lacks a bit of pace but very very good.

He is coming of a really bad injury and I expect it is going to take him quite a while to get back near his best and break his way into the side
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:37 am

I'm ambivalent about Faz to be honest; he works very hard on the track and is very enthusiastic, but it fails to translate to action on game day. Yes he's not really quick, but then, neither is Pendles. On the field he gives the impression of not working hard enough; not enough effort in chasing and defending. The saving grace is that he is very young and seriously talented. Skating on thin ice? Well, it's an important year for Faz and he needs to consistently perform otherwise he'll be trade bait. Hope he can manage it because despite his over confidence, he is terrific with the kids and supporters; I can't recall too many players who actually ask supporters if they'd like a photo opp. Very Happy Very Happy
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:39 am

I'm ambivalent about Faz to be honest; he works very hard on the track and is very enthusiastic, but it fails to translate to action on game day. Yes he's not really quick, but then, neither is Pendles. On the field he gives the impression of not working hard enough; not enough effort in chasing and defending. The saving grace is that he is very young and seriously talented. Skating on thin ice? Well, it's an important year for Faz and he needs to consistently perform otherwise he'll be trade bait. Hope he can manage it because despite his over confidence, he is terrific with the kids and supporters; I can't recall too many players who actually ask supporters if they'd like a photo opp. Very Happy Very Happy
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:02 am

He has great footy nous to make up for a lack of pace... and can kick a footy, hope he has a great year with improved enthusiasm... we can't all just be about pace!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:47 am

While he has a couple of areas that certainly need addressing it's important to remember that what he achieved in his first two seasons at the club most players take until years 3 and 4.

In some ways this was part of the problem as it came a little to easy for Fasolo and he started to cruise in 2012.

Now though after the last two years he has to start all over again, earn his place in the side and earn the respect of his teammates and coach with his willingness to work hard on his weaknesses.

Only time will tell if he can.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 am

People have forgotten how good he was, especially in the latter half of 2012 when thrown into a midfield decimated by injury. He was out of gas by the time finals came around, remember it was only his 2nd year of senior footy and he played only as a forward in the 1st. If he can overcome his injury I'm certain he's in the 'best 22' class.

Last edited by Piethagoras' Theorem on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 am

We don't have too many skillful players so I think Fas should slot into a flank quite well, if he can stay injury-free.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:07 am

Has to earn his spot again. If he's good enough he'll add X factor to the side. But I see him competing with Elliot, who has shown that he is more than handy and is now starting to run a bit through the mid field.

Can't have too much xfactor; makes the games interesting.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 am

Fas is a big game player with reliable finishing (something we clearly are devoid of), great awareness and willingness to take the game on.

I hope he is over his injury woes and works hard on his defensive application.

We don't have many individuals with X-factor in our side (in 2010, we had a firing Daisy, Didak, Davis, Medhurst) and he is certainly one that can bring it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Totally up to him what he can achieve in 2014. Has shown that he certainly has talent but he's back with the pack now and will need to earn his senior spot back.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm looking forward to watching The Faz up close this Saturday in Wang.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:35 pm

What kind of food do you like?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: