It's official. We are Flag favourites !

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:16 pm
Post subject: It's official. We are Flag favourites !Reply with quote

Just chatting to a bloke at the RSL who has accurately picked the last 13 premiership teams for each season after Round 6. He is a genius. He told me that it is ours this year. I nearly started sobbing in my beer. Another drinker who claimed to be a Footscray fan became so aggressive he had to be restrained. Now of course I was smitten. I knew we were showing great signs, but beating Hawthorn, well that's a big call. My RSL footy fortune teller reckons that Hawthorn will suffer more big injuries this year and be embroiled in a sports supplement crisis later in the season. Wow me thinks! He is definite that they will not win the flag. Alas, a few things need to come together for a club to win a flag. Yeah sure form is a big part of that, but a weakening of your opposition is critical. Last man standing is a good omen. Start backing us in at the Tote my magpie friends, it will be money well spent.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Huge money has gone on hawks NOT to win the flag, im talking 100's of thousands. Hiss, ur mate might be onto something.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Sounds like you had a few to many. Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 pm

And I call BS.

The dogs don't have any fans.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Until we can beat the Hawks, and learn how to beat em, I have little faith, your mate may have had a few too many sherbets. But, we can live in hope, make top four, and if Port could beat hawks, do us a big favour, who knows, anything is possible I guess.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Never been more confident in the Pies winning it this year.......never
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:48 am

Of course we play the Hawks in the last round.. When all their guns are back.
----------
------------

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 am
Post subject: Re: It's Official We are Flag Favourites !Reply with quote

Just chatting to a bloke at the RSL who has accurately picked the last 13 premiership teams for each season after Round 6. He is a genius. He told me that it is ours this year. I nearly started sobbing in my beer. Another drinker who claimed to be a Footscray fan became so aggressive he had to be restrained. Now of course I was smitten. I knew we were showing great signs, but beating Hawthorn, well that's a big call. My RSL footy fortune teller reckons that Hawthorn will suffer more big injuries this year and be embroiled in a sports supplement crisis later in the season. Wow me thinks! He is definite that they will not win the flag. Alas, a few things need to come together for a club to win a flag. Yeah sure form is a big part of that, but a weakening of your opposition is critical. Last man standing is a good omen. Start backing us in at the Tote my magpie friends, it will be money well spent.

You make sure and look after that mate!

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:16 pm

I'd like to know how your contact knows that the entire Hawthorn playing list is going to contract the Ebola virus just three days out from the start of the 2014 Finals series.... uncanny knowledge if you ask me.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:45 pm

id like to see us rip apart middle of the road teams like a cooked chook first before its official.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Well Mitchell's injury sounds all too much like Bucks circa 2007; if Hodge goes down there in a bit of strife....

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
I'd like to know how your contact knows that the entire Hawthorn playing list is going to contract the Ebola virus just three days out from the start of the 2014 Finals series.... uncanny knowledge if you ask me.

Razz don't the dawks, the so called family club, still have a sausage sizzle post training every Thursday night. Question Hmmm..... now If we could sneak someone in there, some sneaky little Nickster, to, shall we say, spike their snags with some foul bacteria. Nothing too serious, just enough to give all of them the shits and runs for three days before meeting us in the Finals, sure its underhanded, but who gives a rats clacker about that Question Razz Razz

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:18 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmReply with quote

I am shocked to see how little faith our fans on here have in our great coach and rising sensational playing list. Those that accuse my old mate of being drunk, still didn't explain how he managed to get all those previous GF results so right. Well! I am backing our boys in this year while other so called side by side supporters desert them so early.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:31 pm

mackasmatt wrote:
Of course we play the Hawks in the last round.. When all their guns are back.

You do realise we play them in rd 14 also, don't you?

For me, it's the game that will tell us most about where we are. That and probably Port, rd 19

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:52 am

*ponders for a moment* while I respect your learned opinion Hiss...I must ask a question......Are you the same Hiss who was going to lead a board room revolt down at the club after round 1 due to the club being thrashed by Fremantle and Buckley having no direction? .... and who is now climbing atop the dirt rostrum to proclaim us flag favourites mid-season?

Smile...I just need some HAL style clarification.

For what it is worth I respect your mate for making such a massive call. However, i would argue we are still a fair way off the mark yet. Anyone who watched the last few weeks would have seen it....two games we could have won by 80 to 100 points, we fell away in....not that i am bemoaning the effort.. on the contrary, we have many kids who are still learning to run out games. All i can see is upside for our team.

When the Hawks run into a side in strife Ah la St.Kilda ...well they know how to "play bass licks on their grave" by 145 points. We are a few years off yet me thinks.