Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I've solved the equalization situation

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:43 pm
Post subject: I've solved the equalization situationReply with quote

After spending many hours pondering the equalization dilemma I've come up with a perfect solution.

Ok now equalization simply put means sustained welfare. In a time when the federal government are preaching the age of entitlement is over I think we need to fully adopt this rational immediately.
So below is my solution to equalization.

1- Give every club an equal share of all AFL generated revenue. Each club keeps there merchandizing income, all gate receipts and all monies from food and beverage income
2- Clubs then are responsible for there own finances
3- If the club then can't make ends meet they fold die cease to exist

Simple solution really
Ok now I know some are saying "oh if a club folds or several clubs fold then there won't be as much income from broadcast rights"

True there won't but here is the up side

Say 4 to 6 clubs fold (which would be highly likely if the AFL stops propping up welfare dependent clubs) then we would have 6 or 7 games each week.
The playing talent would be spread and thus making it a far stronger comp as each side would get the cream of the folded clubs talent.
The AFL then would have a blockbuster every week at the MCG with a strong Victorian club playing.
We wouldnt need the large broadcast deal as we wouldn't have so many clubs to support.
Better still if collingwood played at the MCG every week the AFL could bank on at least one game drawing 70,000 + each week.
Really does anyone think having teams forced into non AFL areas such as Brisbane Sydney or western Sydney is the future of the game.
South and West Australia are AFL states and deserve there teams.
Qld & NSW are rugby league states first and foremost and the clubs there will never ever be financially sustainable unless they're winning premierships each and every year which isn't possible to have 4 teams winning a flag each season.
We are talking tens of millions each year going to these clubs and for what reason ? So the AFL can say they are a truly national competition ? Really who cares other than those leeches in AFL house looking to collect "bonuses" for increasing the competition size.

The true AFL fans deserve better than having there ticket prices hijacked to put more income into the AFL coffers to prop up welfare dependent clubs.
So if we lose Lions, Suns, GWS and Swans and more than likely Bulldogs and North we would have a 12 team comp playing each side twice for 22 rounds.

So there it is in a nutshell equalization solved without having to penalize successful clubs for being successful.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the point of equalisation is so clubs DONT fold.

You could just have no equalisation and get the same result.

Sorry mate go back to the drawing board.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Damien wrote:

True Damien so the gist of my point is don't have equalization it's just prolonged welfare at the expense of successful clubs
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Grab the Delorian and hand this paper to Ross Oakley.......
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:21 pm

The AFL needs to trim the fat at its own HQ (they employ more than the clubs put together), find the money now while interest rates are low, and buy out Ethihad. Change the revenue streams for the Ethihad clubs. And tell Foxtel and Channel 7 to get stuffed about fixturing. I mean who seriously would sit down and watch 9 different games.Never leave Saturday afternoon at 2.10 vacant in Melbourne. if Channel 7 don't like it they can change there news time to 5 O Clock. When Edelstone gets a new scruff is news it is pointless anyway. Monday nights dead. Sunday night games to be played in Perth only. For lower ranked games say Norf vs GWS have a gimmick such as get a free pie or a free coke. And if Spotless won't change the prices for food etc re tender. Or cancel all the Presidential lunch fine dining and replace with say 20 dollars each worth of footy food (ie a pie, chips, coke ) for the corporates and sink their bloody public float until the end of the season.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:40 pm

But wat about poow Norf and the dogs?

Sooner they piss a few Melbourne clubs off the better IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:19 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Damien wrote:

True Damien so the gist of my point is don't have equalization it's just prolonged welfare at the expense of successful clubs

I don't disagree but City Hall is committed to it so to say you've 'solved' it is a bit rich.

Anyway if they want to make the comp equal the first thing they need to do is reduce the draw to 17 games and everyone plays each other once.

They won't do it though cos they're too greedy. They want us and the other big clubs playing each other twice every year.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:34 pm

ronrat wrote:
The AFL needs to trim the fat at its own HQ (they employ more than the clubs put together), find the money now while interest rates are low, and buy out Ethihad. Change the revenue streams for the Ethihad clubs. And tell Foxtel and Channel 7 to get stuffed about fixturing. I mean who seriously would sit down and watch 9 different games.Never leave Saturday afternoon at 2.10 vacant in Melbourne. if Channel 7 don't like it they can change there news time to 5 O Clock. When Edelstone gets a new scruff is news it is pointless anyway. Monday nights dead. Sunday night games to be played in Perth only. For lower ranked games say Norf vs GWS have a gimmick such as get a free pie or a free coke. And if Spotless won't change the prices for food etc re tender. Or cancel all the Presidential lunch fine dining and replace with say 20 dollars each worth of footy food (ie a pie, chips, coke ) for the corporates and sink their bloody public float until the end of the season.

I read that at first as "get a free pig" and thought "sign me up!"
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:56 pm

^ ronrat I believe they had a deal where you could get into medallion club seating for normal GA prices for a north gws game I think in 2012. Also with the Etihad deal I believe the afl can buy it for $1 in 2020, not sure what the asking price is now but I assume the afl have done a costing exercise on this and have figured its better to prop up the clubs who have these dubious deals than to buy the stadium.
P.S to the op so we abandon Queensland and NSW and 2 melbourne clubs who have both had extensive developments of their home grounds which benefit the community as well? Wouldn't think so.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:45 pm

good one. how are you going with the world hunger problem?
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:56 pm

John Wren wrote:
good one. how are you going with the world hunger problem?

World hunger is caused by corrupt governments

But if all world hunger/poverty were to end tomorrow , going with the common belief that currently first world humans are destroying the planet using the resources as we do.

Imagine what 7 billion first world people could do as opposed to the current 3 billion that already are.

Surely the world fuel , power and farming land would not be able to cope with 4 billion people rightly expecting to live the lives that we do.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Your problem starts right here.

Quote:
1- Give every club an equal share of all AFL generated revenue. Each club keeps there merchandizing income, all gate receipts and all monies from food and beverage income

Stadiums get a slice of gate receipts and all the food and beverage income goes to the companies that provide it, who pay the stadiums to get access to us mug punters.

Clubs aren't getting a sniff of food and beverage money and the gate receipts are subject to contract arrangements, neither of which the AFL can actually change.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Your problem starts right here.

Quote:

Stadiums get a slice of gate receipts and all the food and beverage income goes to the companies that provide it, who pay the stadiums to get access to us mug punters.

Clubs aren't getting a sniff of food and beverage money and the gate receipts are subject to contract arrangements, neither of which the AFL can actually change.

this is why the clubs want you to buy memberships rather than walk up at the gate. is it true that the afl tries to keep entry low so that spotless can gouge everyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: