Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

membership next year. ed might want to read

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAAS 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:40 pm
Post subject: membership next year. ed might want to readReply with quote

Okay, before I get shot hear me out.

I have been a member for over 16yrs, been going to watch since the late 80's and I am sad to say but this could be my last year as a member due to the rising costs and The way the game is officiated by mrp, umps and commission. I know I am mot alone in this. I give 1k a yr to the pies thru my kids and I and I will no longer be able to afford it especially now that most of our games are ticketed and we must by a seat at extra cost. The choice will be foxtel or members. Being that the kids can use Nat geo, discovery and others for school projects I think you know where I will be going.

Who else faves this issue? If situations change I am happy to keep being a member but I believe the afl has decided that the game is more important by $$ than the people who turn up each week. It's now controlled by tv timing.

we are the loyalist, football supporters
the world has ever had.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking the same thing today at half time after I spent $31 at red rooster for me and my 10 year old. The same thing at a red rooster outside the g would have cost me about $20 tops.

I stopped buying my three kids memberships a few years back. I just buy a season ticket for myself now but I reckon it could be the last after about 20 years.

If the ticket price fiasco isn't given the arse it's a no-brainer as it makes a collingwood membership pointless.

I'm not only pissed off at the AFL. I also hate these three game memberships that the club sells which include Anzac Day.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Food Pricing is Disgusting and if The MCG does not do something about it then less and less people will go to the G and same at the Dump at Docklands
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:17 pm

I reckon they'll fix it for next year Mick.
Even for these silly "A-Reserve" games or whatever they're calling 'em, at the very least there has to be a certain number of walk-ups for season ticket holders.
I think they know they've stuffed this one up..........

I agree with people about the price of food, etc - but there is a simple solution to that one that isn't hard to implement:
Have a feed before you go, and maybe just maybe wait the 3 hours or so until eating again........ Shocked Idea

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:53 pm

You know the amazing thing a couple of weeks ago was watching the highlights of the last round of the Spanish La Liga (their top soccer competition). All games (and I mean every game) started at the same time on the Sunday afternoon. They obviously couldn't give a stuff about the TV times. People just have to get used to replays. It's a sure way to make sure genuine supporters/members make the effort to attend their teams' games instead of sitting back in the sofa at home taking the lazy option. Most EPL matches are played simultaneously at 3 pm on Saturdays and MLB has no problem at all playing games all over America at the same time.

The fixturing is the number one factor why crowds are dropping off our game. Unless something is done teams will be playing to empty stadiums like in the NRL. The TV channels have been allowed to hijack our once great game, and it must stop!

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:05 pm

^^^

The thing is, the TV stations pay over $1b for the rights. Where is the cash going to come from if not tv?

You say people need to get used to replays, then how about recording the game and watching it later?

Last edited by Brenny on Sun May 25, 2014 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:05 pm

The missus & I will probably give away the legends membership at years end as well. Not keen on the fixturing. We play very few day games now.
It's too bloody expensive as well. We will probably downgrade & try to get to any day games if we have any at all next year.
Park your car = get ripped off
Buy any food = get ripped off

Get bombarded with loud crap half time garbage being passed off as entertainment on the sound system to the point you can't talk.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 pm

^^

Get an afl membership.

Reserved seats are usually about $7-10 each for big games, but smaller games like yesterday you can scan the ticket and walk in.

woftam Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Brenny wrote:
^^

Get an afl membership.

Reserved seats are usually about $7-10 each for big games, but smaller games like yesterday you can scan the ticket and walk in.

They still cost a fair whack as well don't they?
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:14 pm

They do in the first year due to sign up costs.

But I think it's about $400 this year? I don't know exactly because I pay it off monthly on an auto rollover.

I'll drop the legends once I get my full membership. I think that's about $500 a year (at the moment).

Best part is, I go to games with other mates and so on. You get access to 44 games a year.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:15 pm

woftam wrote:
The missus & I will probably give away the legends membership at years end as well. Not keen on the fixturing. We play very few day games now.
It's too bloody expensive as well. We will probably downgrade & try to get to any day games if we have any at all next year.

Get bombarded with loud crap half time garbage being passed off as entertainment on the sound system to the point you can't talk.

Yes - it's like Collingwood is trying to put its own supporters off attending ( I understand from other posts that the pre-game and between-quarter noise doesn't happen to the same extent at non-Collingwood games).

I have sat in the same seat in the Ponsford stand for every game since the stand was completed. I am seriously contemplating giving it away next year.
woftam Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
woftam wrote:

Yes - it's like Collingwood is trying to put its own supporters off attending ( I understand from other posts that the pre-game and between-quarter noise doesn't happen to the same extent at non-Collingwood games).

I have sat in the same seat in the Ponsford stand for every game since the stand was completed. I am seriously contemplating giving it away next year.

But wont you miss kiss cam, hug cam & smile cam? Wink
robfyffe 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Umpiring. game play, food and drink prices, reserved seats for games that don't sell out, twilight and Sunday crap time matches, screaming loud MCG entertainment.
All reasons that my Home GA membership of the past seven years turned into a 3 game membership this year (having said that i've been to four games so far)
I think I've just gotten to the point where I don't enjoy going to the AFL football anymore. I like the VFL but I think the AFL might have jumped the shark in the past little while

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:21 pm

woftam wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
woftam wrote:

But wont you miss kiss cam, hug cam & smile cam? Wink

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:22 pm

I can handle supporters complaining about ticket prices.
But buying food at the footy is not compulsory.
You can bring your own (from home) food.

I have Foxtel and a membership. All depends on how you prioritise whats more important.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: