Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Finally a Positive Head-to-Head record

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:54 am
Post subject: Finally a Positive Head-to-Head recordReply with quote

Finally a Positive Head-to-Head record against West Coast since 1994 when they consistently beat us:

Played: 44
Won: 22
D: 1
Lost: 21

With the draw being the sweetest of them all when Sumich missed and allowed us a 2nd chance to progress in the 1990 finals to play Essendon in the SF!

At one period in time I remember we were 7-1-18 against them, and also 12-1-20. We have dominated for quite a few years now!

Now only 2 teams remain to get to a positive Head-to-Head record against:
The Filth: 119-125
Brisbane Lions: 9-16

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Will win our next eight against the Brions to put us ahead there. Only interested in flag comparisons with the Filth, so win outer next two Grand Finals before the cheating scum of Royal Parade salute and get. Ahead of them and the peptide machine.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:17 am

Correct on Weagles but incorrect re Brisbane. Brisbane has been a club since 1987 and we have a positive record against them.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:41 pm

DT wrote:
Correct on Weagles but incorrect re Brisbane. Brisbane has been a club since 1987 and we have a positive record against them.

Brisbane Bears yes but Brisbane Lions no. The AFL seem to keep changing their view on whether to count the Brisbane team as a consolidated entity when it comes to historical records but imo I think they are separate given the merger with Fitzroy.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:32 pm

6 behind the Scum? geezuz.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:26 pm

It wasn't a merger in reality. Fitzroy died and Bears are the carcass
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:52 am
Post subject: Re: Finally a Positive Head-to-Head recordReply with quote

Millane42 wrote:
Finally a Positive Head-to-Head record against West Coast since 1994 when they consistently beat us:

Played: 44
Won: 22
D: 1
Lost: 21

With the draw being the sweetest of them all when Sumich missed and allowed us a 2nd chance to progress in the 1990 finals to play Essendon in the SF!

At one period in time I remember we were 7-1-18 against them, and also 12-1-20. We have dominated for quite a few years now!

Now only 2 teams remain to get to a positive Head-to-Head record against:
The Filth: 119-125
Brisbane Lions: 9-16

I noticed that too M42, however whilst I knew our record at one time Vs WCE was bad I didn't realize it was THAT bad!! 7-1-18 - ELEVEN games behind would have been our worst EVER against anyone wouldn't it? So we have now gone 15-2 since to balance the ledger back in our favour. Good job, tick. That would make them our bitches

Speaking of the FILTH, this is the second biggest hook in my craw -

"The Filth: 119-125"

I do believe we were about 10 behind the FILTH at one stage, however I am happy to be corrected.

Once we win 2 more flags and correct this anomaly I will be a happy man, no matter what my wife does to me!!

PS - Brisbane claim the 7 Fitzroy flags so they have to accept all other ledgers and balances that come with it. The bears and Fitzroy combined to become the Brisbane lions and cannot pick and choose which bits of their history they want to accept. They have to accept it all.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:31 pm
Post subject: Re: Finally a Positive Head-to-Head recordReply with quote

dillo_09 wrote:
PS - Brisbane claim the 7 Fitzroy flags so they have to accept all other ledgers and balances that come with it. The bears and Fitzroy combined to become the Brisbane lions and cannot pick and choose which bits of their history they want to accept. They have to accept it all.

Yep, couldn't agree more. All or nothing with club stats, you cant just pick bits of it.
AFAIC, the Win - Loss ledger should look at Collingwood vs Fitzroy/Bears/Lions. I think we'll be in front.
As for the filth, yes we were about 11 or 12 behind at one stage but we are catching up fast. By the end of 2016, we should be very close.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: