Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Legends Focus group

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:45 am
Post subject: Legends Focus groupReply with quote

Anyone else going to the Focus group the club has on tomorrow night? I am going to one at 6 O Clock. Light refreshments and a 70 dollar voucher. They want to know what we want for next year. For one I would like the price to come down but that aint going to happen.Any Legends members fell free to PM me with any ideas.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't heard a thing about it. Did they contact you by email or phone?
Seat buyback would be something I'd be hoping is discussed. Similar to the system the Swans and the Bombers I believe have in that if you can't make it to a game you can tell the club and they can offer the seat to other members, with the seat owner receiving a reduction off their next year's membership. I haven't been able to get to as many games as I would have liked this last season and a half and that system would have been handy. We are moving to Brisbane in August this year and I am not sure what to do about membership.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:41 am

They only pick a small cross section.

Sometimes they get it wrong. When I went last year it was a discussion about how to get the group to sign up to be members. Seeing I was a Gold Legends member at the time I think they missed their mark.

magpie mal 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:05 am

Well the usual cocktail party got turned into a Collingwood Conference last year, what happened this year, it has completely disappeared. So now we get nothing for the extra money!
Brenny 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:26 am

I got all excited when you said 'Legends Focus Group'. I thought brilliant, a forum to bitch about the massive rip off the membership is!

I was disappointed.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Brenny wrote:
I got all excited when you said 'Legends Focus Group'. I thought brilliant, a forum to bitch about the massive rip off the membership is!

I was disappointed.
Laughing Laughing
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:40 pm

I was asked to attend one of two Club 5 sessions this evening.

I sent the Club an email with feedback instead.

xbromley@collingwoodfc.com.au.

He was appreciative of the response.

I think Club membership prices are OK in general. People will always complain they are paying too much. I am not sure of the value of 5x$900 up-front for Club 5 relative to a Legends membership of $895 in this the 5th year though. Should be some discount for providing an up-front contribution rather than in effect a penalty as it turns out. The club has done a reasonable job of keeping a lid on membership price inflation in the past 5 years in my opinion.

Things to consider
- What do you think of your seat allocation?
- What do you think of the club communication to members and Legends members in particular? The new 'Ask the Coaches' is good I think but we'll see what the responses are like
- Do you get preceived value for the extra membership for things like 'priority access to Copeland Trophy'. Obviously AFL finals access incl GF is a benefit

King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:16 pm

One thing I'd love to put forward -

How to fill up the Ponsford End, particularly ground level, and bring back a bit of atmosphere at all home & away games, not just ANZAC Day.
We get good crowds but they are spread out throughout the G and the Ponny's usually half empty - I believe due to seats being allocated in the area to members who don't turn up, and seats are set aside for members signing up on gameday.

My solution has the membership department allocating seats in this area to those that turn up every week. Maybe via a check-box on the seating form with a "attend most games" option, which is easy to check up on these days with the electronic barcodes.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
And 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:32 pm

didick wrote:
Seat buyback would be something I'd be hoping is discussed. Similar to the system the Swans and the Bombers I believe have in that if you can't make it to a game you can tell the club and they can offer the seat to other members, with the seat owner receiving a reduction off their next year's membership. I haven't been able to get to as many games as I would have liked this last season and a half and that system would have been handy. We are moving to Brisbane in August this year and I am not sure what to do about membership.

Yep. Seat buy back would be worth considering. Give the seats back to the fans and at least get the bottom of the Ponny filled. It looks crap with so many empty seats each week..
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:38 pm

And wrote:
didick wrote:

Yep. Seat buy back would be worth considering. Give the seats back to the fans and at least get the bottom of the Ponny filled. It looks crap with so many empty seats each week..

And it would be better for them to end up in the hands, actually backsides of Pies members rather than making their way to opposition supporters.

I think the club had/has some sort of partnership/arrangement with a third party ticket seller but that seems like bullshit to me. A system like the Swans and Bombers would be much better.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:14 pm

didick wrote:

I got a text and rang them. 2 groups at different times and a balance of age and sex. I joined to get a GF ticket and wouldn't know where my seat is because I stand. Although next year I will be living in Thailand (coup withstanding) and will get an overseas membership. Only going because I am 4 months away from full retirement and I have no money and am bored so a free feed and 70 bucks is handy (it had better not be a merchandising voucher). I am also gooing to ask about the lack of a fridge magnet.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:39 pm

walkup tickets send you to the upper deck. i reckon at quarter time, let anyone into the lower levels and fill the seats. THAT will generate 'atmosphere'.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Warburton Lass, Warburton Lad Junior and myself sit in the Olympic Stand. Any Legends member who bring an opposition fan to our games should hand in their membership. Pies fans only, please.

Bring back the Cocktail night x 2 every year.
A-K in March and L-Z in July, rotating.

We barrack for the best club but pay way over the odds for the privilege.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 am

magpie mal wrote:
Well the usual cocktail party got turned into a Collingwood Conference last year, what happened this year, it has completely disappeared. So now we get nothing for the extra money!

Pays to check what we get with our Membership and I for one didn't check and you're right, there's no mention of anything this year.

However, it looks like there is now some availability for FULL Legends Membership according to the website

Quote:
Guaranteed entry and reserved seat for all home and away games in Melbourne (MCG and Etihad Stadium).
Legends membership almost at capacity. Guarantee your Collingwood Grand Final ticket now!
Membership Benefits

Entry and a reserved seat to all home and away games in Melbourne
2014 Social Club medallion
Exclusive access to Collingwood's Social Club facilities
Priority access to purchase tickets to the Lou Richards Lounge dining room
Exclusive Legends member notebook and pen set
A set of limited edition 2014 Legends Select cards
Priority access to purchase tickets to weeks 1 to 3 of the finals (subject to availability) if Collingwood is a competing team
Guaranteed access to register for, and purchase a Grand Final ticket if Collingwood is a competing team
All member benefits as detailed on the member benefits page

- See more at: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/110#sthash.rexpFfyq.dpuf

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:43 pm

^ I thought it was full? Some people drop off Legends this year? I know I did last year. Just too expensive for me with a little bub.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: