Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Biased and pathetic media - what else is new?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:07 pm
Post subject: Biased and pathetic media - what else is new?Reply with quote

The morning's papers were full of praise for the disciplined way the much improved Dees made a real contest of the game and held the Pies to only 8 goals. By my reckoning we almost tripled their score. That's a thrashing any day of the week.

FFS, the main story should have been how - apart from their fluky goal in the first 15 seconds - the pathetic Dees could only kick 2 other goals for the remainder of the game!! That's 2 goals in 110 minutes of football. The press should be calling for Roos to be sacked!!!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They were very brave.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:11 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The morning's papers were full of praise for the disciplined way the much improved Dees made a real contest of the game and held the Pies to only 8 goals. By my reckoning we almost tripled their score. That's a thrashing any day of the week.

FFS, the main story should have been how - apart from their fluky goal in the first 15 seconds - the pathetic Dees could only kick 2 other goals for the remainder of the game!! That's 2 goals in 110 minutes of football. The press should be calling for Roos to be sacked!!!
Will that accomplish your objective?
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:21 pm

The much vaunted Melbourne FC renaissance was the byline the papers were running with pre game and it seems like they decided to keep running with it because they didn't get flogged by 10+ goals.

In reality they didn't get flogged by said amount because they played a meek, ultra conservative, defensive game that was entirely about harm minimization instead of winning.

If they took the game on they would have got thrashed but were content to keep it relatively close without really looking likely winners. That game plan isn't going to win many games let alone make finals and if you take any pride in that display then you're pretty bloody easily pleased.

The media are nuthugging Paul Roos because he's one of them more or less anyway.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:26 pm

The Dees used yesterday to celebrate 50 years since their last flag in 1964

So our team helped keep them to their lowest score v Collingwood since 1960

In the 207 matches between us that 28 points was their 12th lowest score ever v Collingwood

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 pm

I was so sick of the biased coverage on the telecast that I "muted" the TV and watched the last 3 quarters in silence.

It's just sickening for commentators to praise the most modest and insignificant triumph in the under dog team, just because they dislike us.

Press RED for ED is the only solution.

Last edited by ThePieMind on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Been the same since Collingwood was Born
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Flashman wrote:
The much vaunted Melbourne FC renaissance was the byline the papers were running with pre game and it seems like they decided to keep running with it because they didn't get flogged by 10+ goals.

In reality they didn't get flogged by said amount because they played a meek, ultra conservative, defensive game that was entirely about harm minimization instead of winning.

If they took the game on they would have got thrashed but were content to keep it relatively close without really looking likely winners. That game plan isn't going to win many games let alone make finals and if you take any pride in that display then you're pretty bloody easily pleased.

The media are nuthugging Paul Roos because he's one of them more or less anyway.

Indeed a whole lot of mushy self serving tripe! I am happy we vanquished them by 33 points the old number of the great B. Dick!

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Where were you the same Collingwood was Born?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:48 pm

This is just the way I like it too. Under the radar. Rolling along quietly. If we win next week and then beat Hawthorn the lid will be off so enjoy it.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Interesting comment, Dave.

What was the footy like in the 1890s ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
MattyD 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:04 pm

the Herald Sun articles and photos looked like they thought Melbourne had won.

And how many free kicks to Collingwood were questioned and how many were agreed with?

The TV commentators barrack and they almost always barrack against us.

They can pretend to be unbiased commentators but they aren't. Clearly.

Yes, Melbourne only got five frees and should have got a couple more at least. But that's our lot every week. And if you really listen to the commentators they question every free kick that Collingwood gets like the other team were robbed. And while sometimes that might be true, like for all clubs, they do it for Collingwood all the time, every game.

I will never forget a couple of years back when Geelong beat us in a close game. The Herald Sun had EPIC written all over the back page.
When we win in a close game, all you will read and hear about is something negative, like a video reviewed goal, was it or wasn't there, or some other crap.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:32 pm

I just read that Roos is jumping on the "not enough frees are being paid" bandwagon. He reckons the reluctance of umpires to pay frees is leading to congested play and ruining the game as a spectacle.

I'd say playing a defensive, slow moving, possession game with numbers flooding back and not kicking to any contests whatsoever as all Roos teams have tediously and successfully done ruins the game as a spectacle more than umpires letting the game flow a bit more.

What a bloody hypocrite but you wont see any media hacks call him on it I'll bet. What a front he has.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Flashman wrote:

Yep, ultra conservative is right on. I recall one passage, they went sideways from full back, then back again, then over to the other wing, marked it, fair enough, all sides do it. Then they went back again to full back, to back pocket, wing, marked, and kicked it back to full back again, and again. Exclamation It drove me nuts, god only knows how the poor sods in the outer handled it, they did this a number of times, no attack, just keep the ball, don t let us get it, but do not attack. Exclamation If this joke shit is what the media want, they can have it, the footy fan handing over his hard earned,to watch this crap, wont cop it, no wonder crowds are down. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
anchor56 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I had to laugh when Melbourne ran onto to the ground it was to that Metallica classic "Enter Sandman". I assume they were trying to infer a pending nightmare for us but as far as I could tell, all that followed was a bad dream for them and half the crowd being put to sleep!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: