Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are we tinkering with our 22 to much?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:59 pm
Post subject: Are we tinkering with our 22 to much?Reply with quote

Seems every week one of Kennedy-Dwyer-Adams-Fasolo is dropped or reinstated, one bad game and the door is shown, only to be reopened the following week.

We need a settled 22 IMO, this in-out policy isn't doing anything for the confidence of those guys mentioned, I'm not sure what message Bucks is trying to send TBH, seems he has to drop someone every week.

I'd prefer to say to player A you've got 3 games to prove yourself, no matter what you have 3 games.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No point having depth if you don't use it.

Bucks like most of us is on the record as saying there still unsure of what the makeup of our best 22 looks like.

With half a season to go making a change or three most weeks is ok by me as he strives to find the best balanced team we can muster as well as giving valuable experience to some of the kids and resting any veterans when they need it.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:12 pm

P.S-I will add that I prefer any of the kids to be given a 2 week minimum shot at playing in the seniors during the H&A rounds before being considered for demotion.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:18 pm
Post subject: Re: Are we tinkering with our 22 to much?Reply with quote

Defender wrote:
Seems every week one of Kennedy-Dwyer-Adams-Fasolo is dropped or reinstated, one bad game and the door is shown, only to be reopened the following week.

We need a settled 22 IMO, this in-out policy isn't doing anything for the confidence of those guys mentioned, I'm not sure what message Bucks is trying to send TBH, seems he has to drop someone every week.

I'd prefer to say to player A you've got 3 games to prove yourself, no matter what you have 3 games.

Huh!?!

Weren't you just posting in the Pies-Bulldog thread that Thomas deserved to be dropped for ball butchery against Melbourne and Kennedy brought in?

Well Thomas has only had 2 games in a row so you've contradicted yourself already.

Or were you just bitching out aloud without any substance to it as is your wont?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:22 pm
Post subject: Re: Are we tinkering with our 22 to much?Reply with quote

Flashman wrote:
Defender wrote:

Huh!?!

Weren't you just posting in the Pies-Bulldog thread that Thomas deserved to be dropped for ball butchery against Melbourne and Kennedy brought in?

Well Thomas has only had 2 games in a row so you've contradicted yourself already.

Or were you just bitching out aloud without any substance to it as is your wont?

You're half right, being dropped for poor disposal Is one thing, being reinstated 2 weeks later without playing a VFL game is another.(I'm referring to Adams here, I assume he didn't play VFL last week) edit, seems he did, but considering the conditions I hardly think skills could be properly monitored.

Also, EAD.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Well if players would stop getting frikking injured we'd be able to stop changing players all the time.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Adams isn't the point.

You're saying here that players should be given 3 match minimums to find their feet at senior level but just yesterday you wanted Josh Thomas dropped after he's only had two consecutive games at senior level (one of which was very good and the other decent) so Ben Kennedy could be given a shot.

You were wanting to do the same thing that you're having a go at Buckley about doing.

Also, GFY.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Flashman wrote:
Adams isn't the point.

You're saying here that players should be given 3 match minimums to find their feet at senior level but just yesterday you wanted Josh Thomas dropped after he's only had two consecutive games at senior level (one of which was very good and the other decent) so Ben Kennedy could be given a shot.

You were wanting to do the same thing that you're having a go at Buckley about doing.

Also, GFY.

STFUMF Twisted Evil

I did say that, and he probably deserved to be dropped, but if we drop someone for a fault shouldn't that fault be rectified in the VFL before being considered for AFL again?

You like this.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:26 pm

swoop42 wrote:
No point having depth if you don't use it.

Bucks like most of us is on the record as saying there still unsure of what the makeup of our best 22 looks like.

With half a season to go making a change or three most weeks is ok by me as he strives to find the best balanced team we can muster as well as giving valuable experience to some of the kids and resting any veterans when they need it.

^ this. Plus it could be about Match ups too. Horses 4 courses.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:46 pm

it shouldn't matter too much. the whole concept of "roles" and the vfl should allow us to interchange players without it impacting too much. the core of the group needs to be playing together for the bulk of the season for us to succeed.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:00 pm

John Wren wrote:
it shouldn't matter too much. the whole concept of "roles" and the vfl should allow us to interchange players without it impacting too much. the core of the group needs to be playing together for the bulk of the season for us to succeed.

The top teams are settled, they let injuries dictate selection pretty much, us on the other hand don't, I'd say we've averaged around 1.5 unforced changes per round this year.

Bucks says he's still finding out who our best 22 are etc etc, but come on, we're approaching the pointy end of the season and we're in the top 4, we need a settled 22 before finals. (Excluding the returning injured)

You like this.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Defender wrote:
John Wren wrote:

The top teams are settled, they let injuries dictate selection pretty much, us on the other hand don't, I'd say we've averaged around 1.5 unforced changes per round this year.

Bucks says he's still finding out who our best 22 are etc etc, but come on, we're approaching the pointy end of the season and we're in the top 4, we need a settled 22 before finals. (Excluding the returning injured)

how many changes actually have been unforced? also note that the bulk of those who have been in and out of the side are those who either had little preseason, came back from injury or both. not many, if any, players from round one have lost their spot based on form alone.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Defender wrote:
John Wren wrote:

He might be onto something, only half way through so plenty of time. As others have mentioned, we've hardly had a round where we haven't lost a player to injury. On top of that, we've got so many young kids. If they were grabbing their opportunities like Frost, Williams, Langdon have done we wouldn't be trialling things.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:36 pm

I think you're overstating it. We haven't had that many unforced changes. Most of the changes have been players coming back from injury.

Also, unlike most of the top teams ours is young with an uncertain best 22. With 8+ players out injured for much of the year we've had to rely on our depth rather than just picking our first choice players every week.

Pretty much all of the unforced movement has been around Adams, Thomas and Ball. Three players who pretty much play the same position but just about all deserve a spot. And the movements there have only been unforced if you don't believe Ball was injured.

Kennedy has not played a game in a long while and Broomhead is yet to debut. With the injuries we've had that's a surprise and shows we have actually been conservative with selection.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I think you're overstating it. We haven't had that many unforced changes. Most of the changes have been players coming back from injury.

Also, unlike most of the top teams ours is young with an uncertain best 22. With 8+ players out injured for much of the year we've had to rely on our depth rather than just picking our first choice players every week.

Pretty much all of the unforced movement has been around Adams, Thomas and Ball. Three players who pretty much play the same position but just about all deserve a spot. And the movements there have only been unforced if you don't believe Ball was injured.

Kennedy has not played a game in a long while and Broomhead is yet to debut. With the injuries we've had that's a surprise and shows we have actually been conservative with selection.

It's an upgrade on last year when the water and towel boy got senior action I suppose.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: