Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We will go far in September despite been out of top4

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shwany 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:53 am
Post subject: We will go far in September despite been out of top4Reply with quote

5th or 6th may not be such a horrible position to finish this year.

Top 2 is definitely out of the question with top 4 nearly just as far out of reach.

Given that either Fremantle port Adelaide or sydney will most likely finish in the top two I think I much rather finish 5th and play a Gold Coast, Adelaide, essendon side etc first week then playing a side who lost and traveled interstate the week before.

Our best is still equal to the best of the top 4. Cloke is back to his best if we can get a settled side with Sidebottom, Reid and Maxwell in it we can still be a force, look how quickly it turned around for the swans there's no reason why it can't happen for us.

Despite the round 1 game we havnt had a realy horrible loss, our losses this year against Geelong, adealide, western bulldogs and hawthorn were no where near as frustrating as some of the games last year.

I get the feeling with this team and the young talent one day it's just going to click it may be later this year or next year but there are realy good signs.

Langdon and frost have been amazing.
Seedsman looks the goods, there's something about him.
Jamie Elliot is getting better and better each week.
Grundy is going to be a star, he is only 20 years old, no other second year ruck man has come close to where he is at.

History has shown pendles and swan always improve dramatically on the second half of the season, beams is finally getting a good run, Sidey should come back in strong and cloke has kicked 11 goals in two weeks.

This years comp is the most even in memory, there's not much difference teams 1-7. If your a bit off you lose.

An easy first round game against an interstate team and avoiding hawthorn or freo in the second week would be ideal and could be a strong possiblty.

I've given up on top 4 but there is do much to look forward to in the next couple of months. Let's finish 5th in red hot form and defy history in September!
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours and Inkling's positivity is commended during this time, but..............if we could some how make the final 8, and win a final, that'd be gold for where we are this year. We are 7-10 on the ladder at the end in my honest two eyed Collingwood vision.

We are young and old, and nothing in-between.

2015 is no grand final.

2016 / 2017 a good chance.

This year and next is a grit the teeth time for Collingwood.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:44 am

Homer Simpson was right when it comes to the OP.
If at first you don't succeed, give up.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=73719
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:20 am

No offence shwany, but you aren't exactly reliable with your predictions. In fact you are never even close.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am

Everyone keeps saying we will have a chance in this year or that, but fail to add how our older brigade will be close to retiring age...

Anyone over the age of 25yo now will be too old by then...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:17 am

woftam wrote:
No offence shwany, but you aren't exactly reliable with your predictions. In fact you are never even close.

One more of his threads and we should probably start thinking about who we should take with the number 1 pick. Shocked
Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 am

woftam wrote:

Usually Shwany's threads end up being a mozz. If he keeps this up we won't even make finals Confused
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:42 am

Just a guess but shwany sounds like one of those club plants that were doing the rounds last year, the ones who join recently and speak only of excessive positives. Everything is really great for now and the future, don't worry about how bad we look when we lose coz we will turn it on in September from anywhere. No true Collingwood supporter can be that positive in the face of reality.

MONCO: Your life.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:06 am

I'll leave you with this

Are we not too far away? or are we just to far back?
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:06 am

I'll leave you with this

Are we not too far away? or are we just too far back?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 am

Semi’s at Best
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Didaksgoal wrote:
Yours and Inkling's positivity is commended during this time, but..............if we could some how make the final 8, and win a final, that'd be gold for where we are this year. We are 7-10 on the ladder at the end in my honest two eyed Collingwood vision.

2015 is no grand final.

I agree with others that a finals win this year is probably not a bad result in reality. But I strongly disagree that next year should not be a legitimate pop at it if our development can continue to track positively.

We should have at least half a dozen of our emerging brigade hitting their best years in footy next year eg: Elliot, Faz, seeds, Langdon, Marley, Keefe etc..

We need them to be up and about when we'll be looking at a downturn potentially in some of the ageing brigade eg: Swanny, Harry

I disagree that there is nothing between the young and the old. Beams, Pendles, clokey, Reid, Sidebottom etc have a lot of footy still to play.

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Damien wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:

2015 is no grand final.

I agree with others that a finals win this year is probably not a bad result in reality. But I strongly disagree that next year should not be a legitimate pop at it if our development can continue to track positively.

We should have at least half a dozen of our emerging brigade hitting their best years in footy next year eg: Elliot, Faz, seeds, Langdon, Marley, Keefe etc..

We need them to be up and about when we'll be looking at a downturn potentially in some of the ageing brigade eg: Swanny, Harry

I disagree that there is nothing between the young and the old. Beams, Pendles, clokey, Reid, Sidebottom etc have a lot of footy still to play.

If we could play a final and win it this year, that'd be great. Could we snag a flag next year?, absolutely we could, but I just think we're a couple of years away yet........but I still have hope, just like every game, every year.

Go the Pies!
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Were not as equal as the top 5 however we are better than the teams below us who are more inconsistent then us even at the moment.
i think we should finish 6th have a home final and get to the semis.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:15 pm

The 2014 flag will be won out of the current top 4 for mine, probably the current top 3 (Hawks, Port, Swans). Suns are the big improvers this year and we don't seem to have made a great deal of ground. See us finishing 5 to 8 and hope we can at least win a final.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: