Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks and Premierships

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 pm
Post subject: Bucks and PremiershipsReply with quote

Its ironic don't you think that when Bucks joined us at Collingwood in 94, he joined so that he could play in premierships and landed smack bang in the middle of a bunch of self satisfied premiership players who hated him right from the get go because he had an ego and they had a premiership.

fast forward 20 years and Bucks joins the club as coach and seems to be having a lot of trouble with a lot of self satisfied premiership players who seem to placing football down a little bit in terms of priorities.

Could be coincidence......

My Vale premiership players thread is going to be working overtime this year I think.

We will have less than 10 players from that team left soon. Mind you, the swannies two recent premiership tilts were with 2 totally different teams (06 and now).

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some fair points there.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Buckley should've had a Premiership in '07, but he did his hammy (ironic now) and Gazza buried us and the rest is history.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Was a Assistant Coach in 2010
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:24 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Was a Assistant Coach in 2010

Thank you Dave. It may surprise you to learn that most Collingwood supporters are aware of that, and not just you.

Also, I will resist my overwhelming urge to give you another grammar lesson.

Now to answer your comment seriously....Do you think anyone gives Bucks credit for that though? do you think that if bucks stopped coaching now that he would be considered a premiership coach or player, or do you think the haters would say that he never won a flag as coach or player???

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:26 pm

We won in 2010 because of his influence or in spite of his ineptitude, whichever serves your purposes.
E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:27 pm

Wokko wrote:
Buckley should've had a Premiership in '07, but he did his hammy (ironic now) and Gazza buried us and the rest is history.

I flew from hong Kong to watch that game because I had a feeling. when Bucks finished the game on the bench I was shattered for the man, even though the game was still in the balance. when I realized that regardless of the outcome, Bucks was done for the Grand Final, I was just so sad for him.

Bucks was truly one of the great players, and he did not deserve to go out that way. you cant even say he wasn't a winner, because the dude played the game of his life in '02 and nearly single handedly won us a grand final we had no right to win!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
We won in 2010 because of his influence or in spite of his ineptitude, whichever serves your purposes.

I say we won more Inspite of MM

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:38 am

I'm not so sure about the OP. I recall Bucks joining the Pies to play finals, not premierships.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:53 am

Ottens killed us in 07 - we were without Josh and had he played we would have won that game.

Gazza might have played well and kicked the sealer however it was the ruck throughout the whole game that killed us.

Without Bucks we still would have smashed Port

Shame.............

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:09 am

MJ23 wrote:
Ottens killed us in 07 - we were without Josh and had he played we would have won that game.

Gazza might have played well and kicked the sealer however it was the ruck throughout the whole game that killed us.

Shame.............

I don't know about that.

We'd have had to win 4 finals in a row and two of those would have been hard fought epics, whereas Port strolled into the GF with walkovers against West Coast and North.

Sure it makes sense that a side that pushed Geelong all the way could beat a side that Geelong ultimately destroyed in the GF but football doesn't work that way.

Port did beat us at the MCG that year as well as beating Geelong in Geelong and were a better side than us all year. They just choked massively against one of the very best sides ever. I doubt they'd have done the same against our team of kids, veterans and battlers.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am
Post subject: Re: Bucks and PremiershipsReply with quote

E wrote:
Its ironic don't you think that when Bucks joined us at Collingwood in 94, he joined so that he could play in premierships and landed smack bang in the middle of a bunch of self satisfied premiership players who hated him right from the get go because he had an ego and they had a premiership.

fast forward 20 years and Bucks joins the club as coach and seems to be having a lot of trouble with a lot of self satisfied premiership players who seem to placing football down a little bit in terms of priorities.

Could be coincidence......

If not coincidence, do you think there is a reason?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:36 am

MJ23 wrote:

Shame.............

Ottens, Gazza and Johnson all killed us that day. We almost recruited Johnson that year, but because of injury concerns, we and Essendon passed on a deal. With Johnson playing for us instead of Geelong we might have won that day. Another instant of what if, given a different set of circumstances.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Back in 2008, I had a dream that the Pies win the Premiership in 2017 and that Bucks had something to do with it.
So, here is hoping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: