Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Beams contract talks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:09 pm
Post subject: Beams contract talksReply with quote

Today I had a catch up with Dayne's father. And as usual I asked how Dayne was travelling. He said he spoke to Dayne last Sunday and he said Dayne felt fantastic and feels like he is running into good form. He said he felt hampered by some sore ribs the past couple of weeks but against the saints he played without any hindrance.
He said Dayne commented how he had been working over time with Bucks and Harvey learning more about being a better mid fielder and finding new ways to impact the game.
He said Dayne had told his management to make contact with Gary Pert ASAP and commence talks in regards to contract extension beyond season 2015 (his contract expired at the end of 2015)
I asked his father why he wanted to start talks so early. He said Dayne was keen to get it sorted as soon as he could so it wouldn't become a distraction in 2015.
I asked him what sort of deal Dayne was after. He said while he didn't know the financial details he said Dayne indicated he would like a 4 or 5 yr deal if the club was keen to lock him down for that long.
He will be 25 next year so a 5 yr deal wouldn't look out of place at all IMO.
With Swanny, Ball and Maxy at the end of there careers (end of 2015 would more than likely see them all out maybe Swan goes one more) there will be cap space to pay him his market value easily.
I think his on around $350k - $400k now so a increase to around $550k - $600k should be easy for us to find and lock him down until the end of 2020.
He would then be a 10 yr player and around 200 - 220 games and then might sign 2yr deals to finish his career.
Ok I am biased as everyone knows towards Dayne but to me it's a no brainer if we can lock him down for another 5yrs without killing our salary cap just do it Mr Pert.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a plan. Very Happy
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:23 pm

I'd be happy giving him a 5 year deal.

Reckon he'll be wanting more than 500k though, he's a BaF winner-AA, if we could lock him in for 650k over 5 years I'd be rapt.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.

Last edited by Bob Sugar on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:24 pm

5 year deal be Perfect and I say Beams would except a Little Unders to stay
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:25 pm
Post subject: Re: Beams contract talksReply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Today I had a catch up with Dayne's father. And as usual I asked how Dayne was travelling. He said he spoke to Dayne last Sunday and he said Dayne felt fantastic and feels like he is running into good form. He said he felt hampered by some sore ribs the past couple of weeks but against the saints he played without any hindrance.
He said Dayne commented how he had been working over time with Bucks and Harvey learning more about being a better mid fielder and finding new ways to impact the game.
He said Dayne had told his management to make contact with Gary Pert ASAP and commence talks in regards to contract extension beyond season 2015 (his contract expired at the end of 2015)
I asked his father why he wanted to start talks so early. He said Dayne was keen to get it sorted as soon as he could so it wouldn't become a distraction in 2015.
I asked him what sort of deal Dayne was after. He said while he didn't know the financial details he said Dayne indicated he would like a 4 or 5 yr deal if the club was keen to lock him down for that long.
With Swanny, Ball and Maxy at the end of there careers (end of 2015 would more than likely see them all out maybe Swan goes one more) there will be cap space to pay him his market value easily.
I think his on around $350k - $400k now so a increase to around $550k - $600k should be easy for us to find and lock him down until the end of 2020.
He would then be a 10 yr player and around 200 - 220 games and then might sign 2yr deals to finish his career.
Ok I am biased as everyone knows towards Dayne but to me it's a no brainer if we can lock him down for another 5yrs without killing our salary cap just do it Mr Pert.

I love his no nonsense approach. He also seems very loyal to our club which is why he is one of my favourites. Loyalty is a trait I highly value in people.
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:27 pm

It's a little early to say that Swanny is at the end of his career.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:32 pm

I like it, i like it a lot!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Doc63 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Beams is an absolute gun, and he's ours.

I'd lock him in for as long as he likes.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:36 pm

Dayne Beames is an example of our excellence in both player recruitment and development. Recruited with pick 29, he is now a star.
He makes me proud to be a Pies fan.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:55 pm

Harrysz wrote:
It's a little early to say that Swanny is at the end of his career.

Harry I didn't mean to infer he was done I suggested by 2015/16 would be close to the end for him and he wouldn't be commanding the top $$$ he gets now.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Beams contract talksReply with quote

schuey07 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I love his no nonsense approach. He also seems very loyal to our club which is why he is one of my favourites. Loyalty is a trait I highly value in people.

Schuey agree whole heatedly. He instigated his last contract talks as well. He is the sort of kid who is loyal to a fault (knowing him the majority of his life and knowing his upbringing).
His dad said the circus that went on around Travis he found really hard to fathom. He commented if your happy where your at then the money isn't as important.
BigVman 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Quality!
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 pm

that would be great news to keep dayne at pies, get the contract done asap.
any news about claye? maybe pies can try and get claye to play with his brother at pies
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:39 pm

^I think Claye can play but he'd be in the mix of an expansive list of small/mid sized players already. We can't play all of Dwyer, Martin, Kennedy etc in our team as is.

Great news re Dayne however. He is a jet. My son wears his number 17 when he plays competition football.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:11 pm

We won't get Claye. Collingwood don't like brothers for some reason and broke up the Clokes, Shaws, & Roccas fairly quickly only keeping the best one, We haven't had brothers playing long term since the Shaws in the 80s and Richardsons in the 70s. Mind you we'd be pretty dumb to lose a pair like Wayne & Max, those guys were true guns. One of my earliest memories is of Wayne spinning out of a pack and stab-kicking the pill into McKenna's chest. I wish someone would try a stab pass again just for fun, like if they get the "Joe the Goose" in the square 2 metres out.
PS: does anyone have any idea where that bizarre phrase comes from?! That and "Knocking up getting kicks" have me absolutely stumped!

Anyone???

?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: