Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FWD Line too Predictable with Cloke

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:29 am
Post subject: FWD Line too Predictable with ClokeReply with quote

Watching the 2 Practise Games this year.

Our Forward line looked way better without Cloke.

We are too Predictable when Cloke is in as that we mostly always kick to Cloke and that also makes it easy for him getting Multi Teamed because they know there man won’t get Kicked too.

IF we don’t fix that we are not really going to improve in Season 2015

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

And we know this because of 1 half arsed practice match...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:43 am

jackcass wrote:
And we know this because of 1 half arsed practice match...

Has been a Problem lot longer then that. Was the Problem all last year

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 am

Forward enties haven't exactly helped Cloke as well, I think with White and Karnezis and even Gault rotating through there could really help Cloke. I've not added Moore yet, but in time he could too.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:53 am

jackcass, I only saw about half of yesterday's game but I think the point Dave is making is that watching the game it was bloody deja vu from 2013 and 2014.

I get what you're saying about it being a half arsed practice match.

I guess the tough bit about yesterday's game is which part of the game do you take away - the dreadful first quarter and a bit? Or the next part of the match where we clearly dominated.

Too much same same for my liking. Judd killing us. Too much space given to the opposition. I'm pretty sure I saw Yarran actually laughing at us yesterday. Look at least it wasn't a shellacking... but...

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
jackcass, I only saw about half of yesterday's game but I think the point Dave is making is that watching the game it was bloody deja vu from 2013 and 2014.

I get what you're saying about it being a half arsed practice match.

I guess the tough bit about yesterday's game is which part of the game do you take away - the dreadful first quarter and a bit? Or the next part of the match where we clearly dominated.

Too much same same for my liking. Judd killing us. Too much space given to the opposition. I'm pretty sure I saw Yarran actually laughing at us yesterday. Look at least it wasn't a shellacking... but...

Let's get some perspective, Clokes first game for the season, coming off a season apparently cruelled by knee tendonitis, a game where his big man support up forward was Gault and Cox... seriously.

I agree that it's been all too common over the last couple of seasons and the common denominator for that period is the lack of structure in the F50 since the departure of Leroy and later Dawes.

Way too premature to be lamenting 2015 before we've even started the real stuff. Lets see how the season unfolds when we have Witts, Moore, Reid, White, and Frost available as well as Grundy for more than 1/2 a game, not to mention slotting Elliott back into the F50.

Last edited by jackcass on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 am

You don't improve by practicing the same stuff you already do. So blowing off the bombing away as not being relevant because it was a practice match is dangerous. You get better by practicing new ways to improve. If we are still running around with the same mentality regarding forward entries then we can probably expect the same in the season proper.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 am

The Prototype wrote:
Forward enties haven't exactly helped Cloke as well, I think with White and Karnezis and even Gault rotating through there could really help Cloke. I've not added Moore yet, but in time he could too.

True, that at times when we just Bomb with no Direction does not help Cloke

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 am

I'm the first to be critical of the fwd structure over the past few years but I dont think you can take too much away from yesterday, or the hawks game. I thought our problem yesterday was more about not winning in the mid field and failing to hit targets on counter attack rather than constantly kicking to cloke being double teamed to much, though it did happen a few times.

Both teams looked scrappy to me. That might have been the wind effecting disposals.

A very small team yesterday. Brown was the only key tall in defence and cloke with gualt the only real height up fwd.

Players got a run and we had no injuries I can think of which is the highlight for me.

Only thing I take away from the two games is that we seem to be looking to kick the ball more than last year.

This week vs dogs is the only practice game I think you can take even half seriously. The team will most likely be as close to full strength as possible in preparation for round 1.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 am

It's hardly Cloke's fault if we kick it near him when he's outnumbered, the players kicking the ball into the forward line need to be smarter and the other forwards need to present viable options
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:28 am

stui magpie wrote:
It's hardly Cloke's fault if we kick it near him when he's outnumbered, the players kicking the ball into the forward line need to be smarter and the other forwards need to present viable options

So the FWD Line needs to be Re-Built?

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:32 am

stui magpie wrote:

As I've just said on another thread - disposal effciency should be the priority not PA fitness levels.
Cloke is a weapon, and accurate kicking into the fwd line has far greater potential for improving our results than fitness alone - I would rather have less fitness and NOT turnover the ball, than the reverse.

Give me the Hawk kicking at the expense of lower fitness level anyday.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:00 pm

in another thread i started called """ TRADE CLOKE and BROWN """
nothing from yesterdays game has convinced me to change my mind / if you see what i wrote in the beginning of that thread no change to their standard

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:57 pm

sem wrote:
in another thread i started called """ TRADE CLOKE and BROWN """
nothing from yesterdays game has convinced me to change my mind / if you see what i wrote in the beginning of that thread no change to their standard

Thanks for the update, I was concerned you may have changed your mind.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:57 pm

This is why we need Jesse white in peak form, and what about young Moore down the track, reckon hed be a hell of a great forward option too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: