Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injuries - Season over

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dream Still Alive 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:28 pm
Post subject: Injuries - Season overReply with quote

Same old story. Just watched the injury up date. I always see the positive with this side. I always have faith that our fortune will turn around. This time I see no light at the end of the tunnel. Why is it that simple accidental injuries result is 12 weeks on the side lines for Magpie players.

Sidebottom marked at 8 - 10 weeks away until he is free to start joining in on proper training which will stretch out to about 12. Thats round 14 before he plays again. exactly thesame with Greenwood.

Reid will spend the next 4 - 5 weeks in the VFL and then will need a vouple of weeks in the AFL to work into some form. This will make it mid season. Same with Young, Same with Scharenberg and macaffer.

Its all good to say that it gives the young guys a go but even they will loose hope later invthe year......... I feel so sorry for Buckley and not once in 4 years has he had a chance to get his best side on the park.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly cannot, cannot, recall the very last time we had a full and healthy list too choose from, I guess itd be 2010 ?? It annoys the hell outa me how some sides just glide along with minimal injuries, ours always seem devastating and long term. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:56 pm

It is the curse of stephen milne!
It was that friggin bounce that was so sweet
has now turned on us!!!!!!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Pendles sprained his ankle and will be out for 3 years. He has been placed in a nursing home to recover.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Sidebottom's injury doesn't prevent him from running, or even kicking a ball, just marking, tackling etc. once he gets the pin out, he will be good to play. They won't bother putting him through the VFL to get touch, he's too important to the senior team for that.

Greenwood was 6-8 weeks. A couple of weeks in the VFL and he will be fine. Round 14 for either of those boys is extremely pessimistic, and setbacks are unlikely to occur given the nature of bone breaks vs soft tissue injuries.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Are you talking about an animal, vegetable or mineral?
Dream Still Alive 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:53 pm

Stupied wrote:
Sidebottom's injury doesn't prevent him from running, or even kicking a ball, just marking, tackling etc. once he gets the pin out, he will be good to play. They won't bother putting him through the VFL to get touch, he's too important to the senior team for that.

Greenwood was 6-8 weeks. A couple of weeks in the VFL and he will be fine. Round 14 for either of those boys is extremely pessimistic, and setbacks are unlikely to occur given the nature of bone breaks vs soft tissue injuries.

Understand what your saying. My point is more it kills our momentum. Collingwood approach recently ultra conservative. Sidebottom is listed still 8 - 10 weeks. For 3 years i havent seen a player come back earlier than expected.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Yep and when you start round one with a few injuries already, it usually just gets worse from there no matter which club you are.
I reckon we have been going at just over one a week for the last three seasons now.
Oh and returning positive drug samples dont help the availabilities either ( yes, i know its not an injury )
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Pendles won't play this week according to my insider...no I won't mention who..
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I honestly cannot, cannot, recall the very last time we had a full and healthy list too choose from, I guess itd be 2010 ?? It annoys the hell outa me how some sides just glide along with minimal injuries, ours always seem devastating and long term. sigh.

Dunno Pnc, 2010 was pretty sweet on the injury front from memory! Razz

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Sidey will be back sooner than that. Maybe round 7 or 8. But yep the injuries have less me depressed about footy more than anything. This friggin injury curse started around June 2011 when Beams broke his foot and it has not stopped since. Its's unbelievable.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:19 am

thompsoc wrote:
It is the curse of stephen milne!
It was that friggin bounce that was so sweet
has now turned on us!!!!!!

I wouldn't trade it......

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:43 am

I got some boys at Glenorchy that we could always turn to, not the two Carlton supporters though... lol.

One kid already had the Dane Swan tattoos although they were fake rub ones, but some are ready for it. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:58 am

Yep no light at the end of the tunnel. We may as well start tanking. Fair dinkum. Hang your head in shame. You call yourself a supporter.
Scribe 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:14 pm

Damien:
Quote:
Yep no light at the end of the tunnel. We may as well start tanking. Fair dinkum. Hang your head in shame. You call yourself a supporter.

I don't recall the OP saying that - he said nothing of the sort.

The season is over, make absolutely no mistake.

Not because we lost to Adelaide, but because of the personnel problems we already face.

Before a ball was kicked in anger this year, our midfield was ALWAYS going to be our biggest weakness (followed closely by our forward line, backline and most other parts on the ground). To lose Greenwood, Sidebottom and Josh Thomas for a minimum of eight weeks, all in the space of a fortnight, just completely kills us. Its genuinely curtains.

With news today that Pendles has a stuffed ankle, Taylor Adams seen walking around in a moon boot and Ben Kennedy potentially down with glandular fever, we could boast the worst midfield in the whole competition.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, needed to go right this season for the Pies to improve on last year's ladder position.

So far, we've copped the opposite.

Nothing has gone right at this club since 2010.

Collingwood is finishing bottom four this season. Everyone needs to get their heads around that right now. This rebuild is going to take a LOT longer than anyone would have hoped. Forget about playing finals until 2018.

There is hope at the end of the tunnel, it's just playing in the VFL every week while the club 'rebuilds' with a bunch of 22-23 year olds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: