Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Deportation

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:12 pm
Post subject: DeportationReply with quote

Split from the 'ISIS' thread, page 95

Kids who where arrested this morning. IF Found Guilty should be Kicked out of the Country and said never to Return

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Kids who where arrested this morning. IF Found Guilty should be Kicked out of the Country and said never to Return

I don't think they have said yet Dave but I reckon they will turn out to be born here (as most of the suspects in previous raids have been) - and if so we cant just kick them out.

If they are that keen on ISIS we could pay for a one way ticket for them to fly over and join the fight - airfare would probably be less than the cost of surveillance or jailing the little fckers Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:15 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I don't think they have said yet Dave but I reckon they will turn out to be born here (as most of the suspects in previous raids have been) - and if so we cant just kick them out.

If they are that keen on ISIS we could pay for a one way ticket for them to fly over and join the fight - airfare would probably be less than the cost of surveillance or jailing the little fckers Wink

Hey - They dont love the Country. So why should they Live here?

Well then Banish Them from Australia and As you say send them to Iraq or Syria

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

If these offenders are born in Australia and guilty of their crimes then they won't be deported Dave no matter if they love or hate the country.

They'll be jailed if found guilty.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:18 pm

There's things I hate about this country too Dave .. kangaroos that jump out in front of cars ... conservative, frightened people ... Hawthorn supporters .. doesn't mean that I should be deported.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:45 am

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

If these offenders are born in Australia and guilty of their crimes then they won't be deported Dave no matter if they love or hate the country.

They'll be jihad if found guilty.

So Morrigu is right!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:17 am

Morrigu wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

I'm tempted to agree. You want ISIS we'll be more than happy to contribute to your ticket.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:42 am

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Why - Should Aussies Pay for them to be in Jail with tax payers money

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Why - Should Aussies Pay for them to be in Jail with tax payers money

If they're Australian citizens on what legal grounds can they be deported from Australia Dave? It's no different if a fundamentalist from any religion was planning to commit a similar act whether they're Muslims, Christians or Buddhists for that matter but they were born in Australia.

If these offenders from yesterday are later found guilty for conspiring to commit a terrorist act then I think everyone will universally agree that they deserve maximum jail time but there is no legal grounds or avenues as far as I know of where they can be deported if they're Australian citizens. If these young offenders weren't born in Australia then maybe there's possible avenues where deportation is a possibility but I don't see it happening to be honest especially with the precedents set from the case involving Abdul Nacer Benbrika and other Muslim men who were subsequently jailed for terror-related plots in Australia about 10 years ago despite most of the men being born overseas. It's a pity that Benbrika was sentenced to 15 years jail only despite being the alleged mastermind behind these plots to kill innocent civilians in Melbourne.

Don't get me wrong if these guys were so eager to go to Syria and fight with ISIS I wouldn't really care to be honest and if the likes of Benbrika were so eager to wage "violent jihad" against innocent Australians then I don't think I'd be all concerned about him facing deportation from Australia to be honest. It becomes complicated if people born in Australia are committing or planning to commit violent acts against civilians hence terror groups have exploited this and home-grown terror has risen since 9/11 in 2001 yet I don't think there would be any basis or grounds where they could be deported from Australia. Firstly, which other country would want these people to start off with if they had a choice?

EDIT: I just found an article recently hinting that maybe Benbrika will be deported when he's eventually released from prison under citizenship changes implemented by Abbott.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/mcg-bomb-plot-terror-chief-abdul-nacer-benbrika-faces-deportation-under-citizenship-changes/story-fni0fee2-1227223052965

Last edited by Jezza on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:38 pm

France .
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:58 am

watt price tully wrote:
Perhaps he was arranging them to bomb under Swanston Street to expedite the proposed train networks

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very good.

Re: the discussion on the previous page, I don't get people's obsession with deportation. Obviously an Australian citizen is tried, convicted, made to then serve their time, and thenhopefully rehabilitatedreleased back into the community. Why should the situation be any different for foreign nationals? I know, "our taxpayer dollars", blah blah blah. So what? They have to live somewhere at the end of the day, and if they've made this country their home I don't see why they should be treated any differently to born-and-bred citizens.

Calls for deportation are populist rubbish of the lowest kind, in my opinion.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:23 am

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Perhaps he was arranging them to bomb under Swanston Street to expedite the proposed train networks

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Very good.

Re: the discussion on the previous page, I don't get people's obsession with deportation. Obviously an Australian citizen is tried, convicted, made to then serve their time, and thenhopefully rehabilitatedreleased back into the community. Why should the situation be any different for foreign nationals? I know, "our taxpayer dollars", blah blah blah. So what? They have to live somewhere at the end of the day, and if they've made this country their home I don't see why they should be treated any differently to born-and-bred citizens.

Calls for deportation are populist rubbish of the lowest kind, in my opinion.

Hmm not so subtle dig from mister apparently Switzerland noted!

Your talking foreign nationals who apparently came here to make this their home. Who then turn around and plot terrorist attacks against peaceful folk, both born and raised here, and immigrants who have come here, intergrated into the community and live peaceful productive lives. Yes they have to live somewhere, send them back where they came from. They wanted to come here for a better life, and then they want to change this country, this better life, into what they think it should be, either the same version, or a different version of what they left?

And they want to kill the before mentioned peaceful citizens while doing it. Seriously David, your deluded. You cannot rehabilitate shitheads like these, and we should waste money trying.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:28 am

Quote:
Revoking citizenship

If you became a citizen by application you can have your citizenship taken away if you are found to have committed a serious criminal offence prior to gaining citizenship. Australian citizenship can be revoked if:

-you have been convicted of making a false statement or representation in relation to your application to become an Australian citizen
-you are convicted of a serious criminal offence at any time prior to becoming a citizen involving a sentence of 12 months or more
-your approval to become an Australian citizen was gained as a result of migration-related fraud
-your approval to become an Australian citizen was gained as a result of third party fraud; for example, fraudulent conduct by a migration agent in the citizenship application
-it would be contrary to the public interest for you to remain an Australian citizen.

An Australian citizen by birth cannot have their Australian citizenship revoked. Similarly, a person conferred citizenship, after fully disclosing all relevant factors, cannot have their Australian citizenship revoked.

People who have their citizenship revoked can be removed from Australia.

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/current/losing_citizenship/
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 am

think positive wrote:

Your talking foreign nationals who apparently came here to make this their home. Who then turn around and plot terrorist attacks against peaceful folk, both born and raised here, and immigrants who have come here, intergrated into the community and live peaceful productive lives. Yes they have to live somewhere, send them back where they came from. They wanted to come here for a better life, and then they want to change this country, this better life, into what they think it should be, either the same version, or a different version of what they left?

And they want to kill the before mentioned peaceful citizens while doing it. Seriously David, your deluded. You cannot rehabilitate shitheads like these, and we should waste money trying.

On the contrary, many of these wannabe terrorists are young hotheads who have barely even reached adulthood. You really think a brainwashed 18-year-old can't be rehabilitated?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:08 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

On the contrary, many of these wannabe terrorists are young hotheads who have barely even reached adulthood. You really think a brainwashed 18-year-old can't be rehabilitated?

I really don't think we should waste our time and money trying when we don't have to, (see wokkos link) and when there are so many other more worthy causes,

course you could try, and then when they come out of jail, they do what so many other "reformed" criminals do, murder rape kill again, but hey as long as their human rights arnt impinged on!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4   

Jump to: