Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Frost our Gary Pert

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:35 pm
Post subject: Is Frost our Gary PertReply with quote

Frosty reminds me of Pert in so many ways, not flashy, goes about his business, hard at it and just wants to beat his opponent, play his role. He won't win a lot of B&Fs but he might score a few best clubman awards.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant decide between peter McCormack or Doug Gott.
Perty is a fair call but i reckon he had frosty covered for the long kick out of defence. He could roost one alright.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Not yet, and probably not ever. Pert was a champion footballer who was as damaging up forward as he was down back when young, until knee injuries forced him to learn to play dour.

I'd say Frosty is the new Presti, which suits me just fine. What was great about him today was that a few times he backed his judgement and created space, as well as just being a nullificator.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:23 pm

Presti is a good comparison.

I didn't mean he is Pert yet, just Pert like.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Not yet, and probably not ever. Pert was a champion footballer who was as damaging up forward as he was down back when young, until knee injuries forced him to learn to play dour.

I'd say Frosty is the new Presti, which suits me just fine. What was great about him today was that a few times he backed his judgement and created space, as well as just being a nullificator.

Spot on. By the time Pert came to us he was just about crippled. In his younger days he and Alistair Lynch were very much alike.

Frost is doing really really good. I don't know and I don't care who he plays like, he plays like Jack Frost and is freezing the balls off forwards every week.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Pert one of the best KPDs I've ever seen by the end of his career. Hopefully Frosty can reach that level as he gains more experience, doing very nicely thus far.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Frost's a gem and continues to take scalps and improve his game each week
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Nah, im old school, and hes ted potter reincarnated. ! Or Laurie Hill. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:04 am

I think a blonde tall version of Gayfer. He is like a glove. I don't think we'll often see a helluva lot of rebound or possessions from the Snowman. But his concentration seems elite. He rarely loses his opponent or the flight of the ball. He is intensely focused on not losing any single contest. I'd just like him to fix the fumbling and practice bending down more and getting his body behind the ground ball. He has a good turn of pace and a bit of a step he could use if he could just pick the ball up. Anyway was a great game today by him.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:07 am

I should also add the gradual improvement by Frosty and the good form by Brown has a potentially large side benefit: we can play Reid wherever we want.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:41 am

We all saw what Frost was capable of last year, how does the club reward him? Lol

Dudes an AA chance this year IMO, he's a hell of an athlete, rarely beaten.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:50 am

Dunno, he just doesn't scream CEO to me.
Boot 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:00 am

Jack Frost has fantastic athletic traits that provide the speed to make a contest and the concentration that allows him to stay focused on his job throughout the match.

I don't think he has the sublime skills of Gary Pert at the same age, but if he can work at reducing the fumbling when trying to gather the loose ball and gain some confidence that comes with experience then it would appear we have another rock to build our defensive six on in the Snowman.

I thought both Frost and Nathan Brown did an outstanding job on the two Essendon key forwards in Carlisle and Daniher whilst the rest of the backs in Williams, Toovey, Langdon, Goldsack & Seedsman were very solid yesterday.

Jackson Ramsay is an interesting prospect also. 6 games into his career he is going to make some mistakes but clearly the coaching staff must be impressed with his speed, courage and relatively sure ball handling skills. A bit more muscle weight on his frame and experience then I see a bit of Ben Johnson about this kid. Certainly his desperation and attack on the ball is going to make it tough for those others on the list fighting for his position (i.e. Sharenberg, Young, Armstrong, Fasolo, Freeman, Goodyear, Maynard, Manteit and Sinclar) to take his spot. That has got to be a good thing for the clubs continued competitiveness going forward with every player knowing his position is under pressure from the depth pushing for positions below them.

Tommy Langdon is fast becoming a favorite of mine for his skill and coolness in the backline. When Essendon were dominating in the 2nd Qrt and we couldn't get it out of the backline for about 10 mins, I thought it was Langdon who the team seemed to turn to to take charge of getting the ball past the oppositions 50 meter line. Langdon seems to have a turn of speed that is well disguised so he can both chase and tackle as well as out run most forwards. He kicks the ball a mile and is rarely beaten one-on-one. The perfect modern footballer, albeit he is unfashionable and may well be one of those footballers who spends his whole career under estimated for the value he brings to the team. Probably why we were able to pick him up so late in the draft. Another credit to Derick Hines and his recruiting team.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:13 am

Defender wrote:
We all saw what Frost was capable of last year, how does the club reward him? Lol

Dudes an AA chance this year IMO, he's a hell of an athlete, rarely beaten.

It's called list management.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:58 am

He's more attacking than Presti. When he dashes out of defense he reminds me of Harry O!
He has the defensive and attacking side to his game and I like that a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: