Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time for Davoren to go.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:05 pm
Post subject: Time for Davoren to go.Reply with quote

If not Nathan, you could find yourself going with him come seasons end, you picked him, you will live with that decision.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what his role is but if it's got anything to with players' conditioning, **** him off, now, before the season becomes another train wreck.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:55 pm

can't see where davoran comes into this.

freeman is "going in" for exploratory surgery on his hammy. after a pre season with no complaint he now has issues.

is davoran a trainer privy with all considered information, or is it his responsibility to man manage each and every players schedule on the reports from others. i suspect he tailors a program for all players from the basis of information given and freeman is probably being managed this way and not from over training but for reasons explained by balmey.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:01 pm

simon tonna wrote:

freeman is "going in" for exploratory surgery on his hammy. after a pre season with no complaint he now has issues.

is davoran a trainer privy with all considered information, or is it his responsibility to man manage each and every players schedule on the reports from others. i suspect he tailors a program for all players from the basis of information given and freeman is probably being managed this way and not from over training but for reasons explained by balmey.

He's in charge of workloads, he told Bucks he could get us fitter than any other team, 5 season ending Hamatrings later here we are.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Burn him anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:11 pm

As someone very critical of Davoran last year I've noticed that we are finishing off games a lot better this year. In addition, you can't blame Davoran for the hamstring injuries of Sinclair and Freeman which were there when they were recruited. Who does OP propose we replace Davoran with? I don't think the Carlton hierarchy are particularly happy with Butters. So before we go off the handle and demand that Davoran be sacked who exactly is out there as a suitable replacement for Davoran?
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:15 pm

Glad the club pays no attention to these boards , radio talk back or the letters that hit the bin !
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:20 pm

GoHam is hungry!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:37 pm

in davoren, last year, said the club would increase training loads and intensity over the preseason.

this year, have we had anyone injured (moore aside) who has not had a history of soft tissue issues?

Robbie 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:50 pm
Post subject: Davoren has to explainReply with quote

Since Davoren has taken the high performance and conditioning job we have had more soft tissue issues than I can remember, and all I read is excuses as to why it's not his fault.

If it his not his fault why not issue a show cause why you should still hold your position request, so Bill can explain why our players are having such a rough trot. When I look at his background, I cannot help thinking he was Rocket's recommendation from their time together at Footscray. After the Scrays he worked at St.Kilda, and nothing stands out from his time there to suggest he is anything special.

High performance and conditioning personnel from other backgrounds have assisted Port to become a better team through superior fitness coaching, and it's time for the Mighty Magpies to copy the best, and not take anybody that happens to be available. It has been heart breaking to watch Ben Reid go through all the pain and frustration he has had to put up with and now another chronic situation for Nathan Freeman requiring exploratory surgery.

All Australians and high draft picks dropping with no explanation, and Bill Davoren hides behind Balmey rather than standing up for the fans and members to supply some answers as to WHY. I remember he was able to run spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations suggesting what great results he has achieved, and I think he needs to explain what he's doing to help players with soft tissue injuries and jam the computer where the sun doesn't shine. The additional conditioning staff needed by Bill to assist him require us to pay the AFL more as part of the equalisation fund, and he needs to prove he is the right man for his job, or leave.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Defender wrote:
simon tonna wrote:

He's in charge of workloads, he told Bucks he could get us fitter than any other team, 5 season ending Hamatrings later here we are.

IM WITH YOU on this one mate, one hundred percent, this guy has gotta go, as soon as possible. Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
roar 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 pm

I'd be surprised if the club weren't looking at other options but he won't be sacked before the end of the year.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:12 pm
Post subject: Re: Davoren has to explainReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
Since Davoren has taken the high performance and conditioning job we have had more soft tissue issues than I can remember, and all I read is excuses as to why it's not his fault.

If it his not his fault why not issue a show cause why you should still hold your position request, so Bill can explain why our players are having such a rough trot. When I look at his background, I cannot help thinking he was Rocket's recommendation from their time together at Footscray. After the Scrays he worked at St.Kilda, and nothing stands out from his time there to suggest he is anything special.

High performance and conditioning personnel from other backgrounds have assisted Port to become a better team through superior fitness coaching, and it's time for the Mighty Magpies to copy the best, and not take anybody that happens to be available. It has been heart breaking to watch Ben Reid go through all the pain and frustration he has had to put up with and now another chronic situation for Nathan Freeman requiring exploratory surgery.

All Australians and high draft picks dropping with no explanation, and Bill Davoren hides behind Balmey rather than standing up for the fans and members to supply some answers as to WHY. I remember he was able to run spreadsheets and powerpoint presentations suggesting what great results he has achieved, and I think he needs to explain what he's doing to help players with soft tissue injuries and jam the computer where the sun doesn't shine. The additional conditioning staff needed by Bill to assist him require us to pay the AFL more as part of the equalisation fund, and he needs to prove he is the right man for his job, or leave.

Not quite correct.
2012 was a bad year for injuries including 2 ACLs.
Daverone was not around yet, Micks mate was.

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:15 pm

Just heard on SEN how Freo added a running session in their preseason. How do some teams do that and gain fitness, while other teams try and break down en masse?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Achieving elite fitness is an inexact science, especially with a game like footy, which is so multi-dimensional. Added to that, every player is different, so no one regime is going to suit all players. Overall, we seem to be a fit side and are generally finishing off games well in the last quarter. Furthermore, apart from Reid, who has a chronic persistent problem going back a couple of years, Sinclair is the only senior player I can think of who has missed games with a soft tissue injury. So generally, I reckon we're in pretty good shape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: