Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

why Geelong are assisted to win

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
darky the protector 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:47 am
Post subject: why Geelong are assisted to winReply with quote

After watching playing and coaching our great game i am appalled by the preferential treatment Geelong receive over the journey.Blind Freddy can see whats going on ever since the AFL's BoY Brian Cook has been there .
Lopsided Draw , soft free kicks and just blatant bias.
sick of watching these clowns get away with it ,3rd man up freekick for holding ,hands in the back , dropping the ball.
Couldn't watch after LIng pointed out another obvious one not paid.
Maybe we all should become fairweather supporters and only turn up when we win games . Port got screwed we get screwed all so the Afl can fill seats
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW AN EVENT
WHAT A DISGRACE

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more. Port were robbed last night.
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Don't know about preferential treatment but Port were screwed last night and the third man up is a Scott trait (see Norf as well) you can also add the 7-8 games down at bogan stadium and you wonder if they'll ever not okay finals?
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:39 pm

What Geelong do is pretty simple to explain, they "exploit the rules".

There's plenty of ways they do it;

*3rd man up, well it's actually 2 ruckman vs 1 with them, and they rarely nominate a ruckman as the rules state you must.
* Holding on after a mark; When an opposition player takes a mark then hold on every single time and wait for the umpire to tell them to stop. When really as soon as you grab hold it should be 50
* Standing 2 players on the mark; Noticed this when they played us, they had 2 players on the mark a lot which stopped us from playing on if we wanted to. Once again the second player would move once instructed to do so by the umpire.
* The Selwood shrug/duck; No need for an explanation there

There's probably plenty of other ways too, but it's something Chris Scott has tried to implement for sure, to exploit the weaknesses of the way the game is officiated.

And it's working.

The good news; They are only 6-5, they aren't a premiership threat once again this year.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:06 pm

ALL i can say is, i long for the day, long for it, when these Cat bastards lose their ageing and old backline, Taylor, Enright, Lonergan, these ageing stars hold it all together down back, backed up by other ageing vets in Duckwood, Stokes, Kelly and Bartel, i would really love to see these prunes with all that lot retired, that wll be the day when Ranger Ling will piss his pants with fright, as they get smashed for a long time to come !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Don't know about preferential treatment but Port were screwed last night and the third man up is a Scott trait (see Norf as well) you can also add the 7-8 games down at bogan stadium and you wonder if they'll ever not okay finals?

Yep, the creeps play around seven shit teams, down at their shithole SS stadium, thats seven wins right there, biggest home ground advantage of any Vic team, bar none. Mad Mad

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Geelong are the Umps love children.
matrix10 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Yep- it's bordering on comical.

Last night was a disgrace- I don't particularly like port - yet found myself getting angry at some of the baffling decisions

The AFL needs to act on the whole Blicavs 3rd man up job- it is a clear abuse of the rule.

The other ruck simply blocks out the oppo ruck and gives hime a free run- straight bullshit.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:17 pm

ATM I am thrilled to say Carlton are competing for a wooden spoon but more than this I would love to see Geelong miss out on the finals!!!

I hate Geelong with a passion and its through weight of finals appearances that annoys the crap out of me, since the bloody eighties!!!

Of recent times its been the bending of rules and bending of the umpires which has truly made it impossible not to hate the stinkin Cats.

Is it possible that we will see them at the bottom in two years time with the exodus of experienced players? I hope so, because if they continue on succeeding because they unearth some players out of nowhere I will go
nuts!!

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
ALL i can say is, i long for the day, long for it, when these Cat bastards lose their ageing and old backline, Taylor, Enright, Lonergan, these ageing stars hold it all together down back, backed up by other ageing vets in Duckwood, Stokes, Kelly and Bartel, i would really love to see these prunes with all that lot retired, that wll be the day when Ranger Ling will piss his pants with fright, as they get smashed for a long time to come !

OH, and i forgot that other ageing vet, that annoying prick stevie J, thats eight veterans holding the whole ship together, and their only good kids are guthrie, murdoch, and somehow they have turned stanley around. Just wait fo those eight to go, they will go thuderiing to the bottom of the pile, and scott will shit bricks, cant wait for that to happen. Exclamation Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Razz Razz

darky the protector 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Guys thanks for the feedback
Felt i was Going insane but great to hear others share the same view
My conspiracy theory on this and I have researched it is new arrivals barrack for successful teams and therefore they figure us port. Richmond.ect get nothing as everybody knows we're the blue collar fair dinkum supporters
The rest are followed by fairweather types who won't go unless there winning
Couple this with the expansion into new markets .the reluctance of commentators to upset or bite the hand that feeds no wonder the games stuffed
That's why although a member who's father played for the pies forces me not to go
We need to tell these clowns to pull there heads in
Geelong have to pay for a stadium
That's why they win

Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:51 pm

A mate of mine, who is an Essendon sympathiser, sent me a text last night saying that the Cats had all the love from the umps during that game. I didn't see the game, so I can't comment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: