Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Joe Hockey you Idiot

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 pm
Post subject: Joe Hockey you IdiotReply with quote

How can we have such an Idiot at our Treasure.

He just thinks anyone can get a Job that is very Easy but UnEmployment is at its Highest.

Then the Idiot said Young People can buy a House IF they get a better paid Job.

Yeah I wish it was that Easy.

How did he have a Job in Government?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:09 pm
Post subject: Re: Joe Hockey you IdiotReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
How can we have such an Idiot at our Treasure.

He just thinks anyone can get a Job that is very Easy but UnEmployment is at its Highest.

Then the Idiot said Young People can buy a House [b]IF they get a better paid Job.[/b]

Yeah I wish it was that Easy.

How did he have a Job in Government?

Totally agree DTM.

Hockey is right though, I mean why didn't anyone think of that before? Laughing Laughing Wink

Another gift that keeps on giving.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The really cruel and stupid part is that Hockey is saying out loud that only very well-paid people can or should be able to buy a house, and at the same time he he must know that 80% of jobs are low-paid, and it doesn't matter if you or I get one of the few high-paid jobs 'coz there will still be exactly the same number of Australians who can never hope to buy a home.

This man is scum. I mean seriously scum. He is utterly contemptible. Worse than Abbott.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:02 am

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/06/09/joe-hockeys-6-tips-for-first-home-buyers/

Great Article Laughing
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:49 pm

^ LOL Very Happy
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Despite all the confected outrage does anyone really think what he said was really that bad??????

I know amongst the left they refuse to accept that the people of Australia resoundingly kicked out the useless Gillard Government and seek to smear the Government whenever and for no reason at all, even if they have to try to make something out of nothing.

Out of interest, here is what was said.

Only an idiot would think that what he said is that bad.

Question: You say that housing is affordable, but what about for first home buyers who cant get on the property ladder, those people that dont have access to equity in other properties?

Treasurer: Well there are a range of incentives that have been put in place by state governments and others in relation to first home buyers. The starting point for a first homebuyer is to get a good job that pays good money. If youve got a good job and it pays good money and you have security in relation to that job, then you can go to the bank and you can borrow money and thats readily affordable. More affordable than ever to borrow money for a first home now than it has ever been. But, the response for first home buyers is to build more properties. I know, its a difficult concept for some to get their heads around, supply and demand, but its not that complicated. If you increase supply to meet the demand, then obviously you wont get the growth in property prices that you may have thought if you have less supply.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Hmm, well if that's the whole statement, he's probably right!

Seems some folks think we should just line up and get given one.

Maybe take a leaf out of a couple of American councils (OMG DID SHE REALLY GO THERE?) one municipality is giving land that's has been confiscated to builders, with the Priviso they build affordable homes. Another is building small homes and giving them to the homeless. Win win, employ the homeless to build the house, give it to them, and the feeling of achievement keeps them working. Self esteem, you can't just give it to people. But you can help them earn it.

Then there is that film director, bought big tracts of mind and is building towns of affordable homes, must to the disgust of the wealthy in the area!

I know so many people who have no idea how to budget, want everything new, and won't do the extra to get ahead. Hockey had a point. Now he needs to stop the perks like negative gearing, and prevent overseas buyers from buying up empires. And get rid of the bloody stamp duty, it's just daylight robbery.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

If I was in Joe's position in being able to negative gear all my properties. Hold a massive share portfolio and being able to claim living in my Mrs Home on a weekly basis I would have the same attitude as Joe. Reality is real wages are declining and unemployment is rising. Throw in we are selling off the Farm to the Chinese. Oh surprise Joe is selling off his farm as well. The Born to Rule party are out of touch as always.

How many houses around you are empty who have been sold to foreign buyers? I have at least 7 in a 4 km radius. That is 7 less rentals or purchases from local buyers or renters. That is why the demand is up and that isn't rocket science.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/06/10/hockey-surprised-to-learn-poor-people-use-houses/
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Culprit wrote:
If I was in Joe's position in being able to negative gear all my properties. Hold a massive share portfolio and being able to claim living in my Mrs Home on a weekly basis I would have the same attitude as Joe. Reality is real wages are declining and unemployment is rising. Throw in we are selling off the Farm to the Chinese. Oh surprise Joe is selling off his farm as well. The Born to Rule party are out of touch as always.

How many houses around you are empty who have been sold to foreign buyers? I have at least 7 in a 4 km radius. That is 7 less rentals or purchases from local buyers or renters. That is why the demand is up and that isn't rocket science.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/06/10/hockey-surprised-to-learn-poor-people-use-houses/

Just shows the Big Difference between the Rich and the Poor.

How can people support such Idiots?

Only the Rich Snobs would

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:03 pm

My arms are not attached. Reality appears to be an illusion.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Just shows the Big Difference between the Rich and the Poor.

How can people support such Idiots?

Only the Rich Snobs would

So who would you rather have in government then?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:46 pm

It's a disgrace that Hockey can claim a $250+ a day living away allowance whilst staying in a home both he and his partner own.

It should be $30 a day to cover the cost of utilities and nothing more.

It's a total rort and not surprising Labor is looking the other way on the issue as there members would be just as guilty.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Things don't always work out the way you want.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:12 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It's a disgrace that Hockey can claim a $250+ a day living away allowance whilst staying in a home both he and his partner own.

It's a total rort and not surprising Labor is looking the other way on the issue as there members would be just as guilty.
It's a Rort and nothing will change no matter who is in power.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:

That's true. Why do they even get $30 for utilities? You work from home you can claim part on tax anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: