Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tip for the flag

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:25 pm
Post subject: Tip for the flagReply with quote

The half way mark of the season seems as good a place as any to look ahead and predict this year's team to beat for the flag.

Freo might be on top atm but I actually think the Eagles are best positioned to win the flag. Like us, they are improving, especially getting their forwards back on the park in Kennedy, Le Cras and now Darling.

FWIW, I think we might just beat Freo thursday week.
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Freos last 2 games, they didn't look that impressive. Sydney are cruising along nicely at the moment.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:03 am

US !!!! I donlt know wat the odds are, but in both 1990 and 2010 we were far from certain at the half way point - we just grew and grew, as the year went on and a young team found its confidence and began to believe.

Do I think we'll win it ? Well, probably not - but we're far from out of it, in an unpredictable year when everything can turn around very quickly - and we are at least on the rise, rather than on the turn.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:18 am

Mugwump wrote:
US !!!! I donlt know wat the odds are, but in both 1990 and 2010 we were far from certain at the half way point - we just grew and grew, as the year went on and a young team found its confidence and began to believe.

Do I think we'll win it ? Well, probably not - but we're far from out of it, in an unpredictable year when everything can turn around very quickly - and we are at least on the rise, rather than on the turn.

Our odds are 21-1. I got on before the season started at 34-1.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:11 am

If we ignore Hawks will they just go away?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:15 am

Do you think everyone will agree?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:27 am

duggieboy wrote:
If we ignore Hawks will they just go away?

I'd advocate the opposite approach. The Pies should make Hawthorn our hate team. They've had the wood on us for way too long. It's about time "we drew a line in the sand" and started treating every game against them like our Grand Final.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:54 am

Eagles - no.

They are winning games they should win - like us. But I am not convinced they will knock off the best teams. They are finals bound and their draw might even see them getting a top 4 berth but they will struggle against the best teams in September.

Swans - They are a big threat atm - they have not fallen away after last year's poor GF loss. They have some champion players and can play tough contested footy. They travel well and if they cam up against Freo or any other interstate team in a GF they should be the fav!

Hawks are not interstaters though… They have had a dream run playing freo and Swans in the last 2 GF's. In both years they really struggled in the prelim… do they have this year to get over the prelim stage? Roughy has been down this year and he has been huge - can't write them off because they have been there and know how to win.

Freo with a few injuries of late are looking more vulnerable. Highlighting how important injuries are for any of the teams hoping to win a flag.

Favs still have to be Hawks - (if they can make top 2) but if they have to travel to WA for example for a final it may be to big a task, especially in a prelim. Sydney would be a big chance to come up then and knock off any other interstate protagonists.

Wildcards are Cats,, Tigers and Pies… These teams will get some finals action and will be dangerous… Not sure between Port and North - both are capable… Giants with a soft draw will be a threat but I have a feeling injuries will hurt them and they will fall away.

Final 8 … (before finals)

Freo
Syd
Hawks
Weagles
Tigers
Pies
Cats
Port/North ???

Injuries to play a part - but at that this stage of the year I would tip Swans to beat Freo in the GF.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:59 am

Dorks will peak at the right end of the season as always, they don't have the best percentage ( yeah I know WCE by .67 but look who they have played ) for no reason.

Put all your money of Dorkhorn to win it and win it easy.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 am

Pies will 2015's flag and surprise every living creature on earth.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Anyone but Hawthorn.... don't care who... just anyone but them.
Hate to say it but DS I reckon has got it spot on... Dawks are just getting things right as we get to the pointy end of the season.

Sydney are in cruise control and haven't had an easy draw so they'd be my tip.

I actually hate Hawthorn that much now I hope they don't even reach the prelim - it's getting boring and annoying and I don't believe they play that much better brand of footy than any of the others.

And of course in a dream the Pies will somehow build and build but like every f'n commentator on the planet... let's get through the next 4 weeks and see where we're at.

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:37 pm

Hawthorn will finish 5th...and will not win the flag this year.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:23 pm

"Giants with a soft draw will be a threat but I have a feeling injuries will hurt them and they will fall away."

I agree. just heard Mumford is gone for the year. Many think that structurally he's their most important player, so I'd say they're cooked. And once again this highlights the value of having two number one ruckmen on our list.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:53 pm
Post subject: Re: Tip for the flagReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
The half way mark of the season seems as good a place as any to look ahead and predict this year's team to beat for the flag.

Freo might be on top atm but I actually think the Eagles are best positioned to win the flag. Like us, they are improving, especially getting their forwards back on the park in Kennedy, Le Cras and now Darling.

FWIW, I think we might just beat Freo thursday week.

analyze who the Eagles have beaten before you name them flag favorites. their draw has been as soft as ours.

Let's see how they look when hawthorn and Sydney decide to step it up as the season's end approaches. I'd be pretty surprised if the GF didn't consist of 2 of Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:54 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Eagles - no.

They are winning games they should win - like us. But I am not convinced they will knock off the best teams. They are finals bound and their draw might even see them getting a top 4 berth but they will struggle against the best teams in September.

Swans - They are a big threat atm - they have not fallen away after last year's poor GF loss. They have some champion players and can play tough contested footy. They travel well and if they cam up against Freo or any other interstate team in a GF they should be the fav!

Hawks are not interstaters though… They have had a dream run playing freo and Swans in the last 2 GF's. In both years they really struggled in the prelim… do they have this year to get over the prelim stage? Roughy has been down this year and he has been huge - can't write them off because they have been there and know how to win.

Freo with a few injuries of late are looking more vulnerable. Highlighting how important injuries are for any of the teams hoping to win a flag.

Favs still have to be Hawks - (if they can make top 2) but if they have to travel to WA for example for a final it may be to big a task, especially in a prelim. Sydney would be a big chance to come up then and knock off any other interstate protagonists.

Wildcards are Cats,, Tigers and Pies… These teams will get some finals action and will be dangerous… Not sure between Port and North - both are capable… Giants with a soft draw will be a threat but I have a feeling injuries will hurt them and they will fall away.

Final 8 … (before finals)

Freo
Syd
Hawks
Weagles
Tigers
Pies
Cats
Port/North ???

Injuries to play a part - but at that this stage of the year I would tip Swans to beat Freo in the GF.

Adelaide Crows are a little hurt by this assessment given they handled us pretty easily early on. GWS is also curious about their omission.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: