Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Old foes helping our finals chances

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:09 am
Post subject: Old foes helping our finals chancesReply with quote

Don't usually enjoy seeing our old foes aka traditional rivals winning (especially when I don't tip em) however the wins of the Dees and Bloozers over the bye weekend have really helped our finals chances.

Geelong and Port are clearly not pushing for top 4 but they are certainly, like the Pies, aiming for a spot in the lower part of the 8.

The upsets go to show how important it has been for the Pies to win the games we should win. It takes concentration, consistent intensity and solid team structures etc to win all the games against the bottom 6 or so teams! We have won those games and as our healthy percentage highlights we have won many of them in fine style.

I thought the Dees were looking impressive in games around our QB game - where the Pies spoilt their GF for the year - we did the same with GWS (and then some!!!) maybe also ensuring another contender is out of the race by beating them up physically and mentally.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the eight should be almost settled soon. North have an easy draw and will rise up the ladder soon and be entrenched. Port won't make it. GWS won't make it. Bulldogs, Richmond, Adelaide, Geelong and us will fight out positions 5 to 9 unless we can knock West Coast out of the top four.

Carlton and Melbourne may do us some favours in the run home. But this stuff happens every year. Bottom teams have some pressure go off and get a spurt of form in the second half of years. Or they get a new coach and win some honeymoon games. Once Port have the pressure off they'll probably do the same and so will Gold Coast.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:34 am

I hope the scum and dees don't improve enough to beat us in the next games.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:49 am

perthmagpie wrote:
I think the eight should be almost settled soon. North have an easy draw and will rise up the ladder soon and be entrenched. Port won't make it. GWS won't make it. Bulldogs, Richmond, Adelaide, Geelong and us will fight out positions 5 to 9 unless we can knock West Coast out of the top four.

Carlton and Melbourne may do us some favours in the run home. But this stuff happens every year. Bottom teams have some pressure go off and get a spurt of form in the second half of years. Or they get a new coach and win some honeymoon games. Once Port have the pressure off they'll probably do the same and so will Gold Coast.

I'm with you. I think Swans, Freo and Hawks are locked into the top three. Then I reckon it's a seven way go for the other five spots between: Collingwood, WCE, North, Richmond, Adelaide, Geelong and the Bulldogs. The race for fourth spot is pretty open too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: