Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MRP is a Chook Raffle

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 pm
Post subject: MRP is a Chook RaffleReply with quote

Stevie J gets a Fine for Deliberately try to Level Brown.

But 2 weeks ago Brown did same thing and got 2 down to 1.

Shows what a Joke the MRP is

matrix10 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive difference in the two incidents.

Anyone who has played football at any decent level could empathise with Browny- he was a touch late- having run full pelt to try and impact a contest-realised he was going to be just a bit late, turned his body to brace for contact and collected parker.

'Stevie fricken J' was not in the contest- there actually was no contest- and chose to raise his arm and collect Browny in the head.

EDIT- your point is valid dave- teh MRP are a JOKE!
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:06 pm

And the AFL wonder why many long term supporters are looking at others ways to spend their leisure time and money. A sport that lacks integrity of process quickly loses its appeal. The AFL's manipulation of all the rules and processes is destroying it from within. They are more of a threat to themselves than soccer ever will be.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:23 pm

chook lotto
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:26 pm

I think we all knew this was coming.

The idea that an off the ball incident where contact was not even necessary (I mean why did Stevie J need to be even touching Nathan Brown other than to hit him in the head with his elbow????) could be effectively encouraged whereas a clumsy play on the ball is harshly punished is completely ridiculous.

The other thing about it is that it encourages the cheap hit because the opposition cant retaliate. The MRP is supposed to be discouraging certain conduct and I would have thought behind the play stuff is the ugly stuff in our game. kidney punches are the same. League has sent a clear message that its ok to do this now (I mean a $1,500 fine for a player making $600k is virtually encouraging the conduct).

I think we should go back to the olden days of footy where the code was - if you hit us, we get a free shot back.

I think the rule should be that the umpire signals game on after an incident like that. Once game on is called, the opposition is allowed to retaliate on that player in anyway it sees fit, one time (with no penalty). that will stamp it out pretty quickly.

It is fairly evident that there is an extra level of assessment that is implied in the MRP Rules. It depends who the player is that committed the crime and who he does it to and what that player has on next week

Last edited by E on Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:29 pm

That was a very smooth response.
E 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:32 pm

I see treloar got fined basically the same amount as Stevie J for a consensual wrestle with Tom Bell.

How can wrestling, a situation in which both players get to have their crack at each other, be treated the same as an off the ball sniping incident where a player elbows a defenseless player in the head (which is supposed to be protected)??????

Its a complete embarrassment for the AFL in my opinion. Of course, they don't care. The MRP is only supposed to give the appearance of fair play.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:42 pm

inxs88 wrote:
chook lotto

It's a half magpie lotto actually.

From Feb this year:

Brad Sewell and Luke Ball are among four new members of the match review panel. St Kilda great Nathan Burke and Collingwood premiership player Michael Christian are also on the panel.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:52 pm

AFL probably thought a farewell game for the sniper would get a few thousand through the gate. Oh well, there is 1500 bucks the pubs in Wangaratta won't be seeing in the next month.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:25 am

I particularly enjoy when players who are about to play us get given nothing (ie. Schultz), the AFL then come out and say it was a mistake, he should've gone, he plays well against us and we lose by 3 points, every other similar incident this year, before and after, has been given weeks. Dempsy has been sent straight to the tribunal - to be given a reprimand maybe? Razz

- Ben
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:34 am

Depends if the player is a darling of the AFL. Stevie does a lot of media and he's likable so that might have something to do with it too. That and Ling's testimony during the broadcast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: