Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Everything you like is going to kill you

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:09 pm
Post subject: Everything you like is going to kill youReply with quote

So hot on the news that Bacon causes cancer, apparently if you crisp up your toast or Baked spuds a bit, they cause cancer too. FMD. Rolling Eyes

Add that to basically all processed meats like Ham or Salami, a bit of char on the outside of your steak is also ingesting a deadly time capsule.

So you can't drink alcohol, can't smoke, butter and eggs are bad, salt will kill you as will takeaway food and sugar is deadly poison.

Screw you.

Living on a strict vegan diet and abstaining from everything that tastes good may not add decades to your life, but it would sure feel like it.

I'm sick of this crap. Apart from snorting asbestos or baking in the sun all day, the primary cause of cancer is shit luck. Random gene mutations.

I like bacon, I like Alcohol, I like crunchy baked potatoes. Thank you for you well meaning advice oh wowsers of the world, I suggest you take your research papers, roll them into a nice tight roll and bach then straight up your arse.

The only positive note is that apparently Coffee is now good for your liver. I may have to start drinking more irish coffees.

Anyone else like eating stuff that is supposedly going to kill them and DGAF?

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Yep and drinking and (don't read this Jo) smoking Very Happy

I'm a fatalist - when your number is up then your number is up!!

Guess that's why I never fancied any of the jobs in health promotion or prevention Wink

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Everything in moderation, with a good exercise routine is the key... and beer, drink lotsa beer, it's yummy and very good for the soul. Cool
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Said the Same Thing.

Every Week there is something new that will give you Cancer

And 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:34 pm

If you live long enough you will get cancer.

If you have lived an enjoyable life, blame something.
If you haven't, blame your parents.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:14 pm

Thank goodness coffee has some redeeming health virtues, or I'd be knackered!

It's the media that messes up the science, Stui, by not explaining the significance of these things in practical terms; often it's very small. That said, scientists are becoming media hos, too, so they play along.

I'm just praying for a pill that deals with the calories and liver strain of beer; surely there's a Nobel prize in that!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:39 pm
Post subject: Re: Everything you like is going to kill youReply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
So hot on the news that Bacon causes cancer, apparently if you crisp up your toast or Baked spuds a bit, they cause cancer too. FMD. Rolling Eyes

Add that to basically all processed meats like Ham or Salami, a bit of char on the outside of your steak is also ingesting a deadly time capsule.

So you can't drink alcohol, can't smoke, butter and eggs are bad, salt will kill you as will takeaway food and sugar is deadly poison.

Screw you.

Living on a strict vegan diet and abstaining from everything that tastes good may not add decades to your life, but it would sure feel like it.

I'm sick of this crap. Apart from snorting asbestos or baking in the sun all day, the primary cause of cancer is shit luck. Random gene mutations.

I like bacon, I like Alcohol, I like crunchy baked potatoes. Thank you for you well meaning advice oh wowsers of the world, I suggest you take your research papers, roll them into a nice tight roll and bach then straight up your arse.

The only positive note is that apparently Coffee is now good for your liver. I may have to start drinking more irish coffees.

Anyone else like eating stuff that is supposedly going to kill them and DGAF?

Pre-dinner cocktails. Only one a day, but still bad for your liver, give you cancer. Still, I'm prepared to die with a martini or an old-fashioned in my hand. I'm fairly partial to all the other things you mentioned, bar the smokes. I saw the last of them 30 years ago and that was one of my better decisions.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:51 pm

I have no doubt some of the stuff is bad for your health in other ways, but the whole cancer thing with everything is getting a bit silly. This could give you cancer, that could, or maybe that could. I am going to look at eating healthier but I am not going to eliminate most of those foods completely.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:10 pm

^ You're right Proto, The key is to eat in a way that is broadly healthy, indulging in bad stuff here and there for the sake of enjoying life, and let your genes do what they plan to do. That seems to be where the medical advice points, as well.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:11 am

The Prototype wrote:
I have no doubt some of the stuff is bad for your health in other ways, but the whole cancer thing with everything is getting a bit silly. This could give you cancer, that could, or maybe that could. I am going to look at eating healthier but I am not going to eliminate most of those foods completely.

Your right. Worse is all the advertising and the articles on Facebook etc about "miracle cures" the last thing people who have the disease already need, is false promises and lies, fleecing the already sick, preying on their desperation, even in remission they must be wondering how long it will last, how long do I have? And the biggie, why me?

You can take all the precautions, do everything right, but still, it's a lottery. An evil lottery. The drug companies are a disgrace. Selling hope and dreams, but if they really did find a cure, would they pour the money into it? Like everything I guess, til the man at the to Has to confront it head on, nothing will get done.

I love bacon, and no amount of scare tactic would stop me indulging, but then I saw the video of the pigs gassed to death. Apparently it's a sleeping gas, but they don't just go down easy, they scream and pled for thier lives. No more bacon for me.
Lucky as a kid, I was to poor and too stingy to smoke, so I never followed the trend. And I hate the smell with a passion!
Sometimes I drink too much, though lately, I've discovered hangovers, and the cost doesn't seem worth it!

Moderation is key, but still, the bus might be waiting around the corner for you! You can't live your life in fear.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:13 am

oops

Last edited by think positive on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 am

I remember the first (and I think only) time I've heard my Nan swear.

She'd just been to the Dr, same theme, everything's bad for you. Came home none too thrilled, I asked what was wrong, she said "you can't bloody do anything, can't drink, can't smoke, can't even cross your legs anymore. But you can swear - f.uck f.uck f.uck"

Still makes me chuckle, good on you Nan Razz
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:31 am

i like your nan!!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Now roast potatoes, chips and even toast can cause cancer according to the British government's food standards agency.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/619968/Roast-potatoes-chips-toast-cancer-FSA-government

Quote:
TOAST, roast potatoes and even chips can now give you cancer, according to the Government.

A new study by the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has revealed the nation's favourite roast dinner accompaniment could be harming your health.

The Governments food safety watchdog measured the amount of acrylamide - a chemical produced naturally in food when baked or fried - in roasties and even toast.

Worryingly, both the breakfast food and the Sunday-favourite contain high levels of a cancer-causing chemical.

Given the shocking new information, the FSA have advised the nation cook their roast potatoes and home-made chips to a light golden colour - the lightest colour acceptable - rather than crisp and crunchy.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Where did [b] A new study by the Food Standards Agency FSA get revealed the nation's favorite roast dinner accompaniment could be harming your health?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: