Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pressure builds diamonds

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:47 am
Post subject: Pressure builds diamondsReply with quote

Firstly the best teams e.g. Dorks bring intensity and pressure to every game - to most contests. Swans brought pressure last night and Collingwood clearly did not!

Over the Buckley era the one positive has been the pressure our players have been able to bring to most games. When the game plan is a little unclear or non-existent the one clear thing is that the pies will make you earn it. Scrappy contests are our fodder and it is the kind of footy that often prevails in finals. When the intensity drops off we are a bottom 6 side. And that is true for most clubs.

Pressure is important on the field - however to avoid media pressure and scrutiny the club has extended the contract of Bux before the season started. I think giving Bux an extension to avoid media scrutiny was stupid - let him earn the extension rather. I believe he can do it. I believe he can earn an extension on his execution of his coaching skills and the team performances.

The pressure is on the club now - some have argued that the leak re some players using illicit drugs created too much pressure for our players to handle - I hope not and I doubt it, hopefully the pressure to perform creates a new Collingwood for 2016 in the ashes of the rnd 1 team.

If the pressure is on Bux and the team then I am hoping that the pressure builds diamonds and we see this as game as our turning point!

Collingwood diamonds forever…

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What was particulary disappointing last night was that we were apparently smashed in contested possessions.

This is generally a focus of our team and even in losses generally go close to breaking even in this area or in fact finish in front.

Who knows what happened last night with the psyche of the players but unless it occurs again in the near future or next week I'll treat it as a one off brain fart.

No excuses for it though as Essendon spent a season under the microscope and still played finals with harsh penalties hanging over there heads.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:33 am

Copy write thanks

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:47 am
Post subject: Re: Pressure builds diamondsReply with quote

yin-YANG wrote:
Firstly the best teams e.g. Dorks bring intensity and pressure to every game - to most contests. Swans brought pressure last night and Collingwood clearly did not!

Over the Buckley era the one positive has been the pressure our players have been able to bring to most games. When the game plan is a little unclear or non-existent the one clear thing is that the pies will make you earn it. Scrappy contests are our fodder and it is the kind of footy that often prevails in finals. When the intensity drops off we are a bottom 6 side. And that is true for most clubs.

Pressure is important on the field - however to avoid media pressure and scrutiny the club has extended the contract of Bux before the season started. I think giving Bux an extension to avoid media scrutiny was stupid - let him earn the extension rather. I believe he can do it. I believe he can earn an extension on his execution of his coaching skills and the team performances.

The pressure is on the club now - some have argued that the leak re some players using illicit drugs created too much pressure for our players to handle - I hope not and I doubt it, hopefully the pressure to perform creates a new Collingwood for 2016 in the ashes of the rnd 1 team.

If the pressure is on Bux and the team then I am hoping that the pressure builds diamonds and we see this as game as our turning point!

Collingwood diamonds forever…

So am I.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:01 am

outside pressure should not matter if your ticking the KPIs you've set out to achieve before every season, match and quarter played. if external peer group pressure is effecting your decision making as a coach or your goals than your position needs to be scrutinised at board level. gifting bucks contract extensions is unnecessary and weak minded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: