Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The family court & custody laws

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:53 pm
Post subject: The family court & custody lawsReply with quote

<split from the 'boomer supremacy' thread>

Skids wrote:
Oh boo *&^*(&%$% hoo.

Work hard, head down arse up and you'll be surprised what you can do....... off your own bat!

I was 24 with a baby girl when my 1st marriage failed. I lived in my mum n dads shed, had plastic hung with duct tape that kept most of the mozzies out at night. Kept diggin holes and bustin my arse until i had enough coin for a deposit on a rental (while copping it from the child support agency).

No ones given me anything. Hard work has paid for everything I've enjoyed. Try it.

Copping it from the child support agency? 'As judge July says, it's your kid,don't whinge, don't wait for a judge to tell you what you have to do, do it because it's your kid!"

Last edited by think positive on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Interesting I was with a bunch of older women today who were reminiscing at a send off about all the things that the young have today that they didn't get.

Paid Parental leave
baby Bonus
Superannuation
Centrelink support in getting jobs

are just a few that stuck in my head.

My daughter can afford a deposit on a house right now if she wants to go buy one, but she's saving up more for the moment, while renting and she's not been to uni and doesn't have a particularly high paying job, she's just hard working and thrifty.

Didn't they cut the baby bonus out?

Don't forget the first home buyers bonus too! Think that's still a thang!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:57 pm

think positive wrote:
[quote="Skids"]Oh boo *&^*(&%$% hoo.

Work hard, head down arse up and you'll be surprised what you can do....... off your own bat!

I was 24 with a baby girl when my 1st marriage failed. I lived in my mum n dads shed, had plastic hung with duct tape that kept most of the mozzies out at night. Kept diggin holes and bustin my arse until i had enough coin for a deposit on a rental (while copping it from the child support agency).

No ones given me anything. Hard work has paid for everything I've enjoyed. Try it.[/quote]

Copping it from the child support agency? 'As judge July says, it's your kid,don't whinge, don't wait for a judge to tell you what you have to do, do it because it's your kid!"
Give me a break. Why do you want that kind?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:38 pm

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
Oh boo *&^*(&%$% hoo.

No ones given me anything. Hard work has paid for everything I've enjoyed. Try it.

If the money went to the kid I'm tipping he wouldn't be complaining.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Where did it go them?
The missus?

Cmon stud your a single dad, you know the cost of raising a child

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Yeah, and I worked while I was doing it.

I've also seen blokes be royally shafted by selfish lazy biatches who grab as much maintenance as they can, dip into centrelink as well and move the new boyfriend in so they can live on easy st while Dad busts a nut.

No argument there's some deadbeat dads out there who leave their missus and kids in the shit (and I've seen them too) but to lump all blokes in that category is crap.

For the record, while I was working and paying a mortgage and bills and providing for the kids at home, doing the housework, washing etc, my lovely ex was collecting a single parent benefit with no kids living with her while shacked up with her new BF. I got zero from centrelink and had to do it all the hard way.

karma is a bitch though.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Yeah, and I worked while I was doing it.

I've also seen blokes be royally shafted by selfish lazy biatches who grab as much maintenance as they can, dip into centrelink as well and move the new boyfriend in so they can live on easy st while Dad busts a nut.

No argument there's some deadbeat dads out there who leave their missus and kids in the shit (and I've seen them too) but to lump all blokes in that category is crap.

For the record, while I was working and paying a mortgage and bills and providing for the kids at home, doing the housework, washing etc, my lovely ex was collecting a single parent benefit with no kids living with her while shacked up with her new BF. I got zero from centrelink and had to do it all the hard way.

karma is a bitch though.

Judge judy would have fixed her!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:55 pm

A bullet would have been cheaper but karma, although slower, works nearly as well. Wink
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:35 pm

think positive wrote:
Where did it go them?
The missus?

A very long story TP.

Ex is the daughter of a multi millionaire who has fraudulently claimed welfare payments for over 30 years.
Back in the day, early 90's, the CSA resembled Hitlers gestapo. I believe it's changed markedly since then.

I was assessed on income 2 years prior, which was almost double what I was on at the time. The first installment to come out of my pay coincided with some leave being taken. There i was, about to have 3 weeks off work, getting over the fact that my wife had been screwing my so called mate while i was away working, with a total sum of $257.00 (CSA had taken $1200) to last me. My share of rent due was $360.
Phone calls to the CSA achieved nothing, I needed to put in an estimate of what I may earn and apply to have an interview.
Remember, no computers, mobiles or any other tools to make life easier.

I could go on and on.

I finally got custody of my daughter when she was 14. I'll give you 2 guesses how much child support i recieved over the following years.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Skids wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where did it go them?
The missus?

A very long story TP.

Ex is the daughter of a multi millionaire who has fraudulently claimed welfare payments for over 30 years.
Back in the day, early 90's, the CSA resembled Hitlers gestapo. I believe it's changed markedly since then.

I was assessed on income 2 years prior, which was almost double what I was on at the time. The first installment to come out of my pay coincided with some leave being taken. There i was, about to have 3 weeks off work, getting over the fact that my wife had been screwing my so called mate while i was away working, with a total sum of $257.00 (CSA had taken $1200) to last me. My share of rent due was $360.
Phone calls to the CSA achieved nothing, I needed to put in an estimate of what I may earn and apply to have an interview.

I could go on and on.

I finally got custody of my daughter when she was 14. I'll give you 2 guesses how much child support i recieved over the following years.

Well that sux, what happened to the I laws money? Did they help out?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:49 pm

I am sure you could.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:17 pm

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
think positive wrote:
Where did it go them?
The missus?

A very long story TP.

I could go on and on.

Well that sux, what happened to the I laws money? Did they help out?

The whole system, including the family court, is biased in favour of the woman.

That's fair enough in some ways when you look at history as the man was traditionally the breadwinner and the woman the one who did home duties, but they need to lose the base assumption that all men are cheating cnuts who must be made to pay and treat each case on it's merits far more than they have.

I've seen it from both angles and been ripped off from both angles

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:34 pm

Nah, never got anything off them.

The old bloke died recently. My eldest daughter (his only grandchild) is set for life. Smile

The mole of an ex-wife is trying to wirk out how to hide her millions so she can stay on the disability pension.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:39 pm

^

Dob the bitch in to centrelink

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:11 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The whole system, including the family court, is biased in favour of the woman.

That's fair enough in some ways when you look at history as the man was traditionally the breadwinner and the woman the one who did home duties, but they need to lose the base assumption that all men are cheating cnuts who must be made to pay and treat each case on it's merits far more than they have.

I've seen it from both angles and been ripped off from both angles

I know someone who's been unfortunate enough to have dealings with the family court over the past few years, and from what I've observed the system is a disgrace. Custody hearings can cost both parties many thousands of dollars, and whoever's judged not to be the primary caregiver (i.e. the father, in most cases) gets the rough end of the stick every time. We've done well to get to the stage of making divorce accessible 40-50 years ago; let's take the next step and make it fair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: