Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

More selection Stupidity!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:32 pm
Post subject: More selection Stupidity!!!Reply with quote

Oh my god...
It's Thursday again, and once more I dreaded clicking that AFL.com link and seeing what idiot mistakes we'd made this week.

I sure wasn't disappointed!!
Actually I was bitterly disappointed. I found out that we'd destroyed another of our best players whose name will now only be mentioned with the word "season" after it. Last year we got a bit of a break, the injuries were there as they always are in Buckley sides, but they were mainly to lesser players, not our absolute best.
Then I saw the rest of the ins and outs...
Buckley has done a great job of ensuring we won't score much. In the NAB we averaged over 100 pts, In the first 2 rounds we've averaged 70, which is not enough to be competitive. Even with the round 1 Tragedy we should be in the top 2 or 3 by Round 6. We SHOULD kick a cricket score against the hapless, and hopeless Saints, We should win by 40 or more over Melbourne, and we certainly should take the opportunity to beat up the 'Ghost Bombers'. We'd be 4-1 with a big percentage.

Of course that won't happen. Buckley the great rebuilder, wants to play the same team every week, dropping any kid who doesn’t have a blinder. This doesn’t happen to the big money players. Trav stunk up the SCG in rd. 1, 7 possies, 1 mark, no score. Against Richmond it was similar, a few more possies, and he kicked 1 goal and 3 behinds. In the NAB he missed the first, when we kicked 21 goals 5 points. Did you get that? 21.5! (4 rushed). I think one single set shot was missed! The week after, with Trav in the side, it dropped to 12.13 Travis managed Zero goals, two behinds, but that wasn’t all he did, he brought the rest down with him. Corey Gault kicked 3 straight, but Moore & Cox didn't score. The answer? Drop Cox... Obviously! Fortunately Gault & Moore, who work extremely well together, kicked 6.3 between them, in the first NAB it was Cox & Gault who kicked 5 straight (Moore didn’t play).
Moreover Collingwood & it's giant goalkickers were the talk of the town, The commentators did a heart muscle, the fans were semi-tumescent, and the oppo were worried. How the hell do we beat these guys? Who has 3 giant backs? How do you out-mark a 7 footer? Not only were they marking, they were kicking deadly straight! If Moore or Cox had the pill 35 out with little or no angle, you could go let the cat in, it was a goal. But Trav hasn’t changed a bit. He can still not just miss from the same spot, he can shank it so far it sneaks in for a point or misses the lot. That should NEVER happen! I played footy for several years, and I never saw a designated forward do that. Not after under 15s at least! I often feel like Bucks is watching a different game to what I saw. Last week Trav did SFA at FF, but further up the ground, like on the logos, he looked awesome, his booming left boot thumping the ball well inside our 50 no prob. at least once this led directly to a goal.

I don't Trav dropped, I want to make that very clear!
I want him up in the centre square, cutting of oppo forward movements and kicking 40 metre passes or banging it inside the arc. He can run all day, is a fabulous mark, has the strength of 5 men, and can kick a ball 70 metres.
Eventually he WILL play here, but it'll take a while. He might get a few minutes this week, but not much more. Whats worse, he'll keep our score relatively low, when we should score 120+ points this week.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And the other selections...

So Maynard is in. Fine, he shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place, like the Sydney disaster was his fault! He will be a gun if we don't screw up his mental game. Why does Buckley insist on dropping the kid with the fewest touches every week? It's so dumb, and proves he simply don't, or won't, get the mental side of the game.
Hopefully both Aish & Howe will have excellent games. Aish was underwhelming last week, but he was definitely improving as the game went on, and his tackling near the end was as good as anyone. If I was Bucks I'd demand 3 tackles from every player, and 5 or more from the stronger guys, like these two.

But not from Frost, he won't be playing... WHAT?????!!!! Tell me that’s a typo?! No, it isn't. with injuries down back we drop a tall back. That makes sense. Doesn’t it? He's done some excellent things in the 6 games we've seen, this makes no sense!

And Caff... what was he even doing the last two weeks!? Why was he not negating a Martin or Ellis or Houli? He's one of the best taggers in the game. So he gets dropped too.

And then we have the Sack. I love the Sack, one of our best & most versatile players, but he doesn’t have form. Hasn’t played any big games in the twos. What's the deal?

Finally we get to see Goodyear, I certainly hope he has one, but injuries look like spoiling the party for the side as a whole. He played a blinder in the Magoos last week, so I look forward to his debut, but Why, oh why isn't Mason Cox playing???
He should've played Round 1 with Gault & Moore. Those 3 are the framework of our forwards in the next ten years, and it's together they work best. They MUST play as a single element, when they do we'll finally start kicking scores, but it's gonna be a while.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Okay Mr.Postive Rolling Eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:44 pm

get grip. it was the preseason. everyone is like a dog on heat at that time of the year. they'll hump anything that might provide them satisfaction.

anyway, as you were with your diatribe.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Pre season form for tall forwards? I could kick a bag with half fit, half strength defences.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Someone is a bit bored, must be raining outside.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:15 pm

A lot of words and rage for with little substance. Good droppings this week for players that were sub standard this against tigers! Great if Howe can kick 3-4
The Weed 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:21 pm

Ok lighten up Francis.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Best selection in recent memory I thought under the circumstances.

Most weeks I, as much as anyone pick away at the changes, but really couldn't much at all this week.

Gault, Caff and Frost deserved to go out, they were all woeful last week, sorry but form equates to selection, it's pretty simple.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:55 pm

What a great rant I have missed your Anger 35 forever it is impressive, Stoka 35 is disturbed by it!

www.facebook/the hybernators
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:57 pm

great rant he or she missed your Anger 35 it is impressive Stoka 35 is disturbed by it is a great rant he or she missed your Anger 35 it is impressive Stoka 35 is disturbed by it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm

John Wren wrote:
get grip. it was the preseason. everyone is like a dog on heat at that time of the year. they'll hump anything that might provide them satisfaction.

anyway, as you were with your diatribe.

That's only allowed in preseason? Shocked Confused Embarassed Wink

cityslick1 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 pm

It's pretty simple. Nab games had unlimited rotations and about 10 on the Bench. Less of both of these means you have to drop some big guys to maintain your run. We have struggled to adapt to the limited rotations. Our players haven't maintained the pace and transition of the nab games, with this increased load and defences that are now in full reg season mode and quick to retreat. Gault has suffered, but hasn't managed to overcome this and struggled under the pressure. His decision making and kicking for goal under pressure last week wasn't up to scratch. So bye bye. Sand wedge kicks from 50 and dribbling the ball to the opposition 20 metres out, in front of goal isn't acceptable from a strong 200cm forward.
Cloke is struggling to impact the scoreboard, but his marking was good last week, still takes the number 1 defender, and he out bodied rance at key moments of the game to help keep the ball moving forwards and create goals. If Cox was ready, he'd be dominating VFL. He isn't. Simple... He obv needs more time.
Frost is a bit unlucky, but he gifted jack a goal in the square with no pressure, which again was unacceptable. Hard lessons need to be learned. No room for passengers.

Go pies
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:45 pm

Hard to judge from afar, but not selecting one of Gault-White or Witts is bizarre, unless Cloke is made to do a lot of ruckwork, which id welcome because his days as a KPF are numbered IMO, not keen on Moore rucking though, he's a bloody up and coming KPP, not a ruck man, no need at all to put extra pressure on the kid, let him develop his game as a KF FFS.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:21 pm

Lets keep in mind St Kilda don't have any real ruckman since they got rid of Stanley and Mcevoy and they're only playing one. Grundy should dominate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: